Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 11:01
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 308/293.5/145 Female 5'6"
BF:probably 100%
Progress: 9%
Default Happy Tuesday everyone-hey 40's!

Hi all,

Well, it didn't make it this morning, but now is better than never! Thanks for all the replies on finding the Atkins info.

How does the thought of starting a 40's line sound to you all? There are special things we are dealing with that others can't imagine, like forgetting our childrens' names! or forgetting an extremely important appointment!
Crying for no reason-and it's not depression. And lots of other "menopausal moments!
Well, I could go on and on, and I know there are lots of posts, in fact, sometimes I forget which ones I'm on! But it would create a smaller group and we could get to know each other.

Not to leave anyone out-maybe there could be other age groups. Anyway, tell me what you think, perhaps the moderator will like the idea.

No carbs yet today, in fact no food yet! I've been busy helping DD with her school work, so just now got to post.

Have a great day all, I'll check in tonight! Tina
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 11:42
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins Like
Stats: 266.5/231/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:50.06%/42.96%/25%
Progress: 33%

I remember the time well except it happened to me in my 30's! Everything improves with time -- remember to eat -- AM seems to be the most important time.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 19:04

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%

lolol..I was wondering what the 40's thing was.... Honestly I am not even 30 but I think all of those symptoms (except forgetting kids names) sound like the womyn sympton...lol you know? your brain comes out with your placenta and the more kids you have the worse it is!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 22:49
Registered Member

Thanks Bjuba and Jessie for responding. "Your brain comes out with your placenta" is the funniest thing I've ever heard!

And it was interesting that no one in their forties responded!! ( How old are you, Bjuba?) Guess they forgot! LOL. On "Dotties Weight Loss zone" (do you all know about that site?) the 40's board is the most popular!!

Well, I just took my blood sugar and it was 106! Which I think is great considering that I forgot to take my medicine this morning! Yay for low carbing!
Have a good night all-see you in the a.m. Blessings, tina
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 09:52
Contributing Member

Stats: 345/304/240 Male 5'9
BF:20.72 %
Progress: 39%

Crying for no reason-and it's not depression. And lots of other "menopausal moments!
--------------------------------------------------
Well, here's my 2 cents. I thought you had a good idea, and I considered joining your group until I saw what you planned on talking about. As a guy, I rarely cry for no reason and I NEVER have menopausal moments.

If you decide to change the content, I'll be here.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 10:04

Stats: 286/219/130 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 43%

Hi!
I'm 49 today! 40 forum sounds good to me!
But I'm almost not 40 anymore. But the Menapausal stuff is happening. I'm definitly ready for it to be over with.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 11:15

Stats: 315/283/170 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 22%
Cool

Hey all - include me in here. Will be 46 in December...

I'm just BEGINNING to live!!!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 13:51
Contributing Member

Stats: 420/335/175 Female 5 foot 7 inches
BF:Don't/go/there
Progress: 35%
Default count me in.....

Hey there 40's

I am 40 fast approaching 41 and feeling better than I did when I was
35. See what Low Carbing has done for me.

I find myself with more energy to do everything from housework to
shopping to playing with the kids. I actually played pee wee baseball with my two little ones a couple weeks ago, I have not done that ever.

Those cob webs are clearing too, feel more alert, still have those down days, but things sure are improving.

Hats off to all you 40's who have started the journey and continue into increasing good health.

Susan
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 22:54
Registered Member

Smile post here for 40's "life stuff"

Marty- Maybe I should have said 40's women-but it's alot of fun to get guys opinions and let you be educated on the craziness of our emotions! Topics are open, those are just a few of the immediate things I was thinking. You (and other male 40's may be going through mid-life crisis, job change, etc. And just plain life! What do you think?

And to get back to crying-today I was thinking of my mom, passed away now for almost three years, and I was in tears instantly! I know that is not "nothing" but it was as if it was yesterday! And then one thing leads to another and I am crying over every bad choice I have ever made in my life! BUT...I didn't eat over it and that is almost a first for me!

I also didn't get up early enough to post good morning, but i am up late enough to say good night to all! Hope everyone had a great day! I was under 20 carbs today, AND found a newly opened Low Carb-Sugar Free Market!! So, of course I just had to go in! Found some wonderful low-carb bread-just 3 c. per slice!

Lots of expensive things there, I won't be doing my major shopping, but it's nice to get those special items.
See ya all tomorrow! Tina

Last edited by DWRolfe : Sun, Nov-09-03 at 09:22.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Oct-30-03, 07:20

Stats: 274/190/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 68%

I will be 42 in Nov. . .guess that qualifies me. My mother is still alive. . .bearly. . she has emphasima, uses oxygen. My Dad died almost 9 years ago. . .they are both cigerette victims.

I have found my 40's so far A BLAST! The things I have done this year amaze me. Not a wow look at me but "Holy schit! How did that happen?" If this is any taste of how the rest of my life is going. . .oh baby I am SO PSYCHED! redawn
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Oct-30-03, 07:26

Stats: 274/190/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenzday
lolol..I was wondering what the 40's thing was.... Honestly I am not even 30 but I think all of those symptoms (except forgetting kids names) sound like the womyn sympton...lol you know? your brain comes out with your placenta and the more kids you have the worse it is!

I call it preganant stupid. . .I got that way during each pg and remained that way through the first year of nursing. I really think there is something to the pg thing that causes brains to function less effectively. I always relieve new pg woman when I ask "Are you pg stupid yet?" and when I explain that it is a temperary condition they are so relieved. They think it is permenant. (I was a horrible speller BK~before kids). I remember one time typing out a reply and saying out loud. . ."Own, own. . .it's a little word. . .but for the life of me I can't spell it." Now that was pg stupid. redawn
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Oct-30-03, 07:30

Plan: Atkins/W.W.
Stats: 401/299/170 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 44%

I'm 47 and heading quickly to 50! lol
I've lost both of my parents and a sister. I can look back at all the great memories now but it takes a while. I think a 40's or 40s/50s or 40s+ group would be wonderful!
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Oct-30-03, 07:36

Plan: Atkins/W.W.
Stats: 401/299/170 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 44%

I wouldn't like to leave the guys out either. I've found at my age, I do not take myself (or life) as seriously anymore...Thank Gawd!!!!!! lol

Last edited by DWRolfe : Sun, Nov-09-03 at 09:23.
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Oct-30-03, 07:47
~ReFINDing Terry~

Stats: 304/167/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 89%
Smile

I'm Forty till March (then 41 ) This is going to be my BEST DECADE yet!!! thanks to this WOE I am so thankful to have found the answer to a lifelong struggle!!!! My pg stupid didn't let up (my youngest is 11 1/2) until I started LCing. I am so much clearer headed and smarter now
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Oct-30-03, 07:53

Stats: 425/322/240 Female 68 inches
BF:Lots
Progress: 56%

I think a 40s group sounds simply maaaaaaaaaaaaahvelous, dahlink!!!

(I'm 44, btw)