Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 17:41
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 130/126/~115 Female 63 & 1/4 inches
BF:22%/20%
Progress:
Default my story....new and saying 'hi'

Hey, you guys and girls! I am fairly new to LC-eating, but already I am loving it. My struggles with weight and depression began when I was around nine years old, and by the time I was 16 I was pushing the borderline between moderate overweight and obesity. I have alternated between starvation and Compulsive over-eating since that time, but Atkins seems to be the tool I need to really gain self-control. It is so nice that I no longer 'have to eat' whenever I am upset!
Anyway, I am now 20 and about to re-locate to AZ in order to study nursing, and I know that this will be a huge test of my responsibility. If there is anyone around here in a similarly-shaped boat (or even someone who just wants to exchange a little support and/or advice w/someone who will listen), I would love to have you PM me!
Well, that's about it! Take care, now!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 23:56
Registered Member

Plan: loz's LC
Stats: 135/?/&;135 Female 173cm
BF:
Progress: 32%

hey there!!
nice to meet u!
I'm a 19 y.o (20 in 3 days) in Australia.

I've been trying to stick to LC WOE and have gone off track fair no of times.
now i'm just following my own LC instead of atkins and hopefully it'll work.

anyway, I tried to PM u, but i don't think it works.
i'll try again.
anyway, i'll be really happy to b ur buddy if u need one.

bye!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Oct-18-03, 17:12

Plan: dr. atkins
Stats: 155/145/125 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 33%

hey i'm 18 and a student. You all seem to being great on your weightloss. i love this wol also. i do have some hard days though. like today i was having such horrible craving for something sweet. but i overcame. i just layed in my bed and really thought it threw. do i really want to cheat? will this make me happier tomorrow. is there a chance that this cheat could result in more cheats days upon days of cheats. so i decided to just lay in bed and not get the ice cream and cookies that i wanted. now i feel much better...having eaten a healthy meal and drunken lots of water. i think the water is the key to my craving. i also realized that i just bored and lonely...and food would provide comfort and entertainment. (my friends are out of town). anywho...just had to get that off my chest. feel free to chat me up anytime.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Oct-19-03, 09:51
Registered Member

Progress:

loz- That is sooo strange, I have both e-mail and PMS enabled.... would you mind trying again, if you haven't already? It would be so cool if we could talk!
And rosemam, isn't it a great feeling to finally understand what triggers you? I've always known I was an emotional eater, but have always just blindly assumed that it was sadness and boredom that set off my binges. In the last few weeks, though, I've learned that it is actually repression anger that causes me the most nutritional grief, and I am taking huge steps to counteract the damage. What are you studying, BTW?
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Oct-19-03, 13:45

Plan: dr. atkins
Stats: 155/145/125 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 33%

hey. i'm studying political science. how 'bout you? how is induction coming along? i am so glad i didn't cheat yesterday. i would have been depressed all day today and probably would have eaten more sweets to make myself feel better. have a nice day.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Oct-21-03, 16:38
Registered Member

Plan: loz's LC
Stats: 135/?/&;135 Female 173cm
BF:
Progress: 32%

hey waterslide!

no, ur PM must hate me!! i wrote like a page long PM, and went post, and it said that error occured and that it can't do it, cuz u won't let me or something!!
i dunno what's going on!

anyway, I turned 20 yesterday!! no, i wasn't too excited, cuz i didn't wanna stop being a 'teenager!:
anyway, indulged myself in cake and other stuff cuz ppl were taking me out and stuff and i thought, 'why not' since it only happens once a year!!

ooh, just realised i'll be late for my lecture, so i betta run!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Oct-21-03, 17:15

Stats: 221/221/190 Female 5'7"
BF:49.5%/48.5%/25%
Progress: 0%

I think you have to have 25 posts before they'll let you get pm's. Keep on posting!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 20:30
Registered Member

Progress:

rosemam- I am so happy that you didn't cheat! I had one 'small' cheat... maybe about two or three extra cups of nuts... a couple weeks ago and gained 1 pound. I couldn't get it off for the longest time, but sometime in the last few days I think I had some knd of 'whoosh'. (BTW, I am studying nursing and plan to become an AVID low-carb advocate in the event that I feel a patient should try it! )

loz- I know what you mean about turning 20! First thing I said when I woke up on my 18th birthday was, " I can't be 18! I am much too YOUNG to be 18!!!" It was kinda the same thing this year when the '1' changed into a '2'.

ChristaS- Thanks for the info! I will just have to keep posting, then!
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 02:20

Plan: Atkins inducation
Stats: 127/122/105 Female 58 inches
BF:
Progress: 23%

Hullo! i'm Rebecca, 15, i just like saying 'hi' to complete strangers lol jk!
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 22:07

Plan: Cyclic Ketogenic Diet (Ti
Stats: 212/149/140 Male 5'7
BF:
Progress: 88%

lol! welcome newbies hehe i still consider myself a noob too

go teens! i'm twenteen-one lolz