Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-15-15, 12:37

Plan: atkins
Stats: 194/154/140 Female 57
BF:
Progress:
Default Would you mind rating what I am eating?

At nearly 14 stone in January I decided to change how I was eating. I am just over 2 stone down and have recentlybecome interested in low carbing instead of calorie counting with weight watchers. I started last week and lost 4 lb. Delighted! I just struggle a bit with the fat content and would appreciate some reassurance with what I am eating.i am reading more and more each day so I hope my foods will change and become more adventurous but so far days are as follows and are probably very boring!

Breakfasts

Bacon and eggs cooked in butter
mashed egg in a cup with butter
Scrambled egg or omelette with cheese cooked in butter

Lunch

Tuna with mayo wrapped in lettuce leaves or
Roasted ham with some cheese
Celery sticks or cucumber

Dinner

Salmon cooked in butter with mushrooms and green beans. Mushrooms can have boursin added.
Chicken stir fry no rice or noodles~
Cauliflower cheese and roast chicken~
roast chicken with green beans and broccoli~

around 3 litres of water a day and 4 black coffees~

Portions are quite small because I am full.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-15-15, 18:42

Plan: Low Carb Primal
Stats: 170/135/135 Female 5ft.6in.
BF:
Progress: 100%

Your foods sound fine to me: you're not afraid of fat and you're getting nutritious protein and veg. Do make sure you eat enough not to get hungry. It's wise to keep an eye on the cheese - it tends to stall a lot of people and it's easy to overeat it. An ounce of cheese is just a bite, most people underestimate how much they are having.

If you are on Atkins, do you have a copy of the book to help you? You'll find a wider variety of food choices suggested in the book - or any other of the low carb books. Getting in the habit of simple meals, free of starches and sugars but with ample fat seems to offer the best chance of success over the long haul.

Congratulations on the 28lbs you lost before low carb and now the additional 4lbs. That's a lot of lost weight for your body to adjust to, so don't be disheartened if/when the rate of loss slows down: you'll definitely get to goal if you just stick with it. Good luck!