Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-05-04, 20:55

Plan: atkins
Stats: 136/127/125 Female 66 inches
BF:32/25/20
Progress: 82%
Default kids are funny!

My 14 year old daughter kept telling me " Mom pull up your pants" I said sorry I lost some weight and they don't stay up!

Okay, my mom told me to write the story in here. She was wearing these cargo army pants that used to be like, mega-tight on her (okay, not really), however since she went on this diet with mostly sick food, she lost like 9 pounds or whatever. She is walking around the house with these pants on that fall down to like, her knees and she has this ugly black thong on.. no kid should ever have to see their mom like that. She refused to wear a belt because we weren't in public (whatever though) and she said that it is not a big deal. She doesn't understand that she is a mom... not an 18-year-old teeny-bopper. It was driving me crazy. Thankfully she changed her pants. It was gross. Now she has wind pants on and they are funny ^_^.

~Kayla
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-05-04, 20:58

I just want to add that the reason I told Kayla to finish was cuz I had to finish dinner, my question is????? What do your kids have to say about you????
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-05-04, 21:03
Registered Member

Plan: self low carbing
Stats: 210/210/150 Female 5'5"
BF:Don't know
Progress: 0%

My daughter said she can't wait til I can flaunt it! Of course she is younger then your kid..LOL But she thinks I should wear more HIP things. But when you big there is not much hip stuff out there.LOL
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Mar-05-04, 21:06

Plan: anti-fungal, atkins
Stats: 165/125/125 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 100%

I only have a four year old boy...he follows his daddy and tells me I am beautiful!! lol

Of course He did tell me once I had a big butt lol...and I probably did
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Mar-05-04, 21:15

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%

My daughter (16) and I have started enjoying shopping together! It's so fun...but I have to be VERY careful.

The first time we went together she talked me into buying these hip-hugger pants that were a gray color and had red stitching and big flared legs. They were skin tight and I have to say I was impressed with how I looked in them...but when we got home and I tried them on for dh (who absolutely loved them by the way) I realized that I wouldn't be very comfortable walking around in skin tight hip-huggers in front of anyone else.

So dd went with me when I returned them...and on that trip she talked me into TWO pairs of skin tight hip-huggers! They were more traditional as far as color and the legs weren't so flared...but got home and once again decided they just weren't for me! So ended up taking those back too and luckily by that time I had developed some resistance to dd's proddings.

But it is still awesome to be able to have so much fun clothes shopping with my dd...and clothes sharing...she's getting smaller too and she's been passing on some of her clothes to me!!! How cool is THAT?!?! I remember raiding my mom's closet, but I know she never raided mine.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Mar-05-04, 23:49
Northern Mike

Plan: This time? LOL..
Stats: 251/228/190 Male 73 inches
BF:Weight in journal
Progress: 38%
Default Thanks for the complement son, now come here so I can kill you!!

My son got a weight set for Christmas and he and I have been working out 3 times a week ever since.

The other day he remarked on how much better my chest looked now.....quote "Dad, your chest doesn't look as much like boobs anymore"....

Hug him or kill him?
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Mar-05-04, 23:53
I'll get there yet!

Plan: Atkins/nutritionist blend
Stats: 319/284.4/150 Female 66.5 inches
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 20%

DaddioM--hug him, of course. At least, if he still _lets_ you...

Jude
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Mar-06-04, 05:02
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun5oh
however since she went on this diet with mostly sick food, she lost like 9 pounds or whatever. ~Kayla

Kayla is cracking me up. I loved her point of view on this.

Kayla, just wait around 10-15 years. You will see your parents do really interesting things.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Mar-06-04, 06:27
Getting back to me

Plan: LC WW
Stats: 176/167.2/145 Female 5'7" in
BF:
Progress: 28%

Freckles, I can relate to your story! I recently bought a pair of jeans (haven't worn jeans in years) that have a lower waistline ...I can't say that they are hip huggers per se. My DH loves them and my DD just raised an eyebrow at me. I'm actually loving shopping for clothes again...although it does terrrible things to my wallet. I have started raiding my DD's closet recently. So far she is okay with it.

Have a great day!
Dana
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Mar-06-04, 06:36
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 270/215/150 Female 5'4
BF:not sure
Progress: 46%

My 2.5 year old gets a kick out of watching me dositups - she counts and says "mommy, faster", then will jump on my stomach and say 'jiggly jiggly, like jello"...always cracks me up! And kids are sooo honest.
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Mar-06-04, 09:17

Plan: Carb Cycling
Stats: 188/173/150 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 39%

My 9 yr. old dd and 7 year old ds have called me "Jelly Belly" since their brother, now 4, was born. The other day they had a discussion about my not having such a jelly belly anymore. My 9 yr. old is so supportive it is really sweet. She checks with me every week, have you lost any mom?....Kids, gotta love em.
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Mar-06-04, 11:12

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I tried on a pair of dress pants (black with slits up the side to the knee, held together with little 2 little strips of satin with tiny silver buckles-cool!) that fit me perfectly when I bought them, then kinda snug...couldn't wear them without a longer top because they were too tight around tummy and thighs. ANYWAY, I tried them on Thursday afternoon and they not only fit, they were really loose around the waist! Woo-hoo! I had to show them to everybody in the house including my 14-year-old son and his friend who was over. Showing them the waist, pulling it out to the side They both were like "sweet!" and my 13-year-old son gave me a hug and said "that's really good, Mom!". They are very supportive. So, I was going out to dinner with some fellow forum-members (Jeanyyy, Karen, Sunpines, Crystal and her mom) and I HAD to wear these pants--even tho they're dressy and we were going to a neighbourhood pub-type restaurant

My kids like to wrap their arms around my waist and see how much further they can reach around. My 6-year-old son offers me some of his treats and when I say no, thanks, he smiles and says "oh yeah, I forgot that you don't want to eat sugar"

GREAT KIDS!!!
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Mar-06-04, 11:19

Plan: SB (formerly Atkins)
Stats: 196.5/167/140 Female 5' 4
BF:
Progress: 52%

Quote:
My kids like to wrap their arms around my waist and see how much further they can reach around.
Awwww ... I bet no amount of sugar in the world could be as sweet as that.

We don't have kids yet, but my husband's 15-year-old brother has mentioned several times that he can really tell I am losing. In fact, he was the first one to say anything!
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Mar-06-04, 11:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleoanth
Kayla is cracking me up. I loved her point of view on this.

Kayla, just wait around 10-15 years. You will see your parents do really interesting things.

Yea, Kayla talks smart on here about my "sick food", but she failed to mention that last nite when I made shrimp alfredo, I told her I could make her some pasta for it but she said NO, she would rather have the spaghetti squash! Not to many 14 year olds who would choose squash over noodles!
Also when she was giving me a hard time about my pants falling down, I said "well then give me YOUR pants!" She did, and I put them on, and they fit! Her mouth just dropped! Though I wouldnt wear them quite yet as my belly was hanging over to much!
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Mar-06-04, 12:48

Plan: non strict Atkins - don't
Stats: 160/129/132 Female 63
BF:no idea
Progress: 111%

When I took then 4 yo Jesse in the dressing room to try on Jeans early in my losing phase. I fit into an 8. I said, " Jesse, I'm so happy I could cry"

Fast forward to the time I actually bought some pants and Jesse said, "Mom, are you gonna cry?" lol