Hello from Atlanta!
- You had me in truly smily reading your post about your trip! Sitting in the white sand beach soaking up the sand, chugging down adult beverages not your JAM?!?!?!?!?!?- It's life I love! You really had me going! White sugar sand............. lucky girl.
Yeah yeah on the girl drama! It can really suck especially when lots of alcohol is involved. OMG I have a funny story about that and SO SO SO learned MY lesson.
So years ago ( when I was still in Ohio) and younger and less wise my boss said hey lets take the office over to the Mexican spot for happy hour. Well this place is KNOWN for their margarita's. They are called "Bad Ones". They are mostly tequila and a squeeze of lime juice and that is it on the rocks.
But holy crap they slide down. Can ya'll see where this story is going............ So the boss and all of us got well HAPPY..... Then my boss starts CRYING and tells everyone at the table that her boyfriend moved in with her and raped her one night and tossed her in the street from HER home!!!!!!!!!!!
Well Yours Truly told her she was an idiot for taking him back and she could do better. Told her she should have pressed charges and had him locked up and toss the key! Everyone else kept their mouth shut. But no not me.
So the next morning........ yup you guessed it- I was written up for so dam infraction for some petty issues....like being 5 minutes late or something. Yea,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
And I would do it again, only with more tack! My job there was short live. Not to self- Never a happy hour with the boss ever anywhere else!
Glad you are back home and had a great time. What is your next trip? Savannah?
It will be here before you know it! Was the beach crowded? Were people wearing masks?
- Glad you had a great time at graduation!!!!!! At least the kids got one this year. Remember last year- it was all drive by........ What a difference a year makes.
Girl......... sending up go juju for you and you're Hubby and Betty. It is SO SO hard with these kinds of life decisions. It is so hard to give up something you have worked your entire life for! I feel for both Betty and for you and hubby. Hopefully you can come to some happy terms. Keep up posted!
Get rolled in and got checked in. Confirmed my movers and truck for tomorrow which took a good long minute.
Going to meet my mom and her husband for dinner. Then back to room to put up my feel before the fun begins.
- I want to be just like your mom at her age! She sounds so feisty and just humming along doing her things and doesn't want a "FUSS". Yea- you just keep that eagle eye on her to keep her taking those "little pills".
Sounds like things are going awesome your direction. Getting the pool and all. Next thing you know you will be in the pool with your floating- face getting up some sun.
Cool on getting the scale moving again!!!!!!!
- How are things? You still thinking Savannah?
Just rolled into Atlanta- almost 5.30 drive due to holiday traffic. Got checked in and am confirming my movers and truck for tomorrow.
Getting checked in and going to walk across the parking lot to have dinner with my mon and her husband. I will then check back and wait for the fun to begin.
Just to keep everyone on my time line as it has been a WHIRLWIND month.
- start new job- training for 3 weeks
- I love my sweet sweet beloved best friend- still not over
- had to pack up my personal belongings and move to new apt where I have signed a lease. Left without Bella, and living in an empty apt. ever since with a blow- up bed, a set of towels, and my computers, a card table and my electric skillet I have been using to cook my food. Picked up a plate, cheap silverware and a TV. That is what I have been using for the last month. I also have my beach chair I use to sit on the patio and eat dinner.
Work had been hectic as I am not only working but having to put in overtime for get my work completed. I eat, work and sleep. That is about it. I have been able to explore some on the weekend- and spent some good time with my friend on St. Simon last weekend. I am LONGING for a weekend of NOTHING.
This weekend - I am emptying out my 2 storage containers of furniture and driving a 20 foot truck back to my new apt tomorrow.
I am picking up the truck first thing in the am and then meeting the moving at my storage locker where they will pack my truck. I will drive it back and park it and relax tomorrow evening.
Then Monday early afternoon I have movers coming to unload and haul everything up 3 flights of stairs- no elevator. They will be done about 4.
Then I drop off truck and Urber back and collapse until Tue when I begin another full week of work.
Then comes the unpacking after working for the next few weeks. I am thinking the follow weekend Is unpacking. I will at leach have my bed up.
So- There ya have it.......... No wonder nobody can keep up- so many moving parts and it is constantly changing. But work is constant and I am slowly but surely adjusting to a new place, space and solo.
- you are right- I have had many pets in my life, and the relationship I had with Bella is a once in a life time gift. We were inseparable. Never had a companion like her and she will never be replaced. We were always together. Always!
Anyway- time to get my but moving and this circus in motion. Check in after I get back to new digs with truck in tow!!!!!
I am thinking a glass of wine is SO in order!