Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#136   ^
Old Fri, Nov-02-07, 07:32

Plan: LC/Atkins-ish/My own-ish
Stats: 202/197/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 7%

HEy there, all!

I see no one has added to this thread in awhile. I'm new to this site. Anyone around, still?
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Sat, Nov-03-07, 11:03

Plan: LC
Stats: 157/155/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 9%

Hi Bailey,

I'm still around just not as much anymore. Still interested in food combining/LC/sorta paleo. My weight has been steady eating this way. Unfortunately the Somersizing and other food combining threads never gather much momentum.
Welcome to the boards!!
  #138   ^
Old Sat, Nov-03-07, 15:22

Plan: LC/Atkins-ish/My own-ish
Stats: 202/197/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Hey! Yay! There are still some food combiners lurking around...

I'm starting to get curious enough to read the Atkins, though--mainly because most people on this site are Atkins folks...but I'm so familiar with most of the Somersizing rules that they're easy for me.

Off the top of your head, do you know of any major differences between Atkins and Somersizing?

And kudos to you, Lizzy, for maintaining the weight loss! How much did you lose and how long ago did you lose it? I'd love to hear more if you care to share more...
  #139   ^
Old Sun, Dec-09-07, 22:19
empress of fashion

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hello - just read the Sommersize book this evening. I would say the major differences are the lack of rules for food combining, Bailey. There is also a two week period (induction) where your carbs at at a level of 30grams (yes there is some counting to this method). No alcohol during induction and no frankenfoods. Atkins also has one increase carbs very slowly until you find what level works best for you to either continue losing or maintain, whichever you are working on.

Might give this food combining a try. Whose with me?
  #140   ^
Old Tue, Apr-01-08, 14:54

Plan: Somersizing-Level 1
Stats: 223.6/220.4/145.0 Female 63inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Hi fellow Somersizers...I absolutely love this WOEing....if I can only stick with it and not fall back into eating the funky foods. When I was single it was easier for me but now that I live my girlfriend and my mother has just moved in with us, it's a bit interesting "training" them of what I can eat and what I can't eat. But SSing works so well for me and I've read all of the books and have made many of the recipes and changed them up to suit my tastes. I like taking recipes and changing them up to make the fit the program too.
  #141   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-08, 20:35

Plan: cad
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress:

Have any of you tried The Beverly Hills Diet. It is food combining and basically a fruit based diet to start your day. It allows for any foods you desire as long as you combine.
  #142   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-08, 14:11

Plan: suzanne sommers
Stats: 143/130.5/114 Female 61"
BF:36%/34%/25%
Progress: 43%

Hi! I'm new. I'm a somersizer. It's the only diet I've ever used and it works well for me. My downfall is my love of sugar, and I always seem to go back to it. THis time, I'm hoping to lose and then learn moderation
  #143   ^
Old Tue, Jul-28-09, 23:01

Plan: Somersize
Stats: 189.5/175.5/125 Female 60 inch
BF:
Progress: 22%

I just wanted to say hi to other lo-carbers and those who are Somersizing. It has been 5 weeks today and I have lost 10-11 pounds. I was actually h oping for more since I use to eat carbs all day and now I eat just what I am allowed plus a few. Can any one tell me what a reasonable amount of carbs is per day. Not counting your veggies and allowable foods. I want to know if I add a low carb dessert etc. what is a daily avg. I am sort of scared that I will lose control. I am a recovering carbo holic!!!!
  #144   ^
Old Tue, Jul-28-09, 23:03

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow972
...I absolutely love this WOEing.....

I may be dense but what is WOEing???
  #145   ^
Old Wed, Jul-29-09, 15:46

Plan: keto
Stats: 230/218/150 Female 5'5"
BF:have/no/idea
Progress: 15%

Quote:
Originally Posted by armynavyx3
I may be dense but what is WOEing???

I believe it means way of eating
  #146   ^
Old Thu, Jul-30-09, 13:02

Plan: Gluten free-Somersize
Stats: 154/130/120 Female 5 foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

Hi, all!
I've been Somersizing for seven months now. Have gone from a size 13 to a size 3 in about five months. Went a lil crazy on level 2 and gained some weight back (size 7) but I'm still better off than when I started so I'm not all that upset.
I did want to say that theres really no set amount of carbs you should eat each day, there have been some days when all I ate were carbo meals and it never set me back or caused a stall. I say if you want cereal for breakfast, pasta for lunch and a sandwhich for dinner go for it. When trying to get your body used to abstaining from sugars and funky foods I think it's best not to avoid the legal carbos if thats what your craving. Theres no need to feel deprived on this plan when there are soo many delicious legal meal choices out there. Good luck and best wishes!
The chocolate mousse is a quick and easy dessert, I make it with strawberry flavoring instead of cocoa to keep it level one. Ate that every night for a loooong time. Freezes relatively well for a faux ice cream.
  #147   ^
Old Thu, Jul-30-09, 20:36

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

Congrats on your weight loss!!

TJ
  #148   ^
Old Thu, Jul-30-09, 22:10

BF:

Has anyone tried Atkins and Somersizing? What are your thoughts on the two? I keep trying to decide what plan to follow. Right now I am doing Somers with an 11 pound weight loss in 5 weeks.

Debbie
  #149   ^
Old Thu, Jul-30-09, 22:14

BF:

Where have you all found the best recipes that work with SS besides from Suzanne's books? I have "Get Skinny" but, have not read any others. Are there any of her other books with good "normal people" recipes??

Determined to do this!
Debbie
  #150   ^
Old Fri, Jul-31-09, 07:49

Plan: LC
Stats: 157/155/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 9%

That's great some our having success with the program. Maybe I'll peruse the book again and join you. Keep me posted!