Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-14, 16:41

Plan: Primal Blueprint
Stats: 160/149/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 37%
Default 2 weeks and nothing...........

Hey there,

Some of you may recognise me, others won't. I've been on and off the LC wagon for most of my adult life. Last September, I went to Australia on a 3 week family vacay, and went crazy eating anything and everything. Then I didn't really get back to eating properly when I came home, as Christmas was coming.......

Suffice to say, I've really suffered.

This is week 2 of clean eating, and frankly nothing has happened. But what is weird is that I notice I bloat up through the day, and I'm not really eating very much at all.

Most is very clean eating - eggs, water, green tea, steaks, spinach, butter (for frying), bacon, bananas, very small amounts of coffee w' cream, almonds. What isn't clean but used in small doses is store bought mayo and splenda.

I really can't imagine that mayo and splenda puff me out like a puffa fish, or if I am too soon in to notice, or if I really need to start doing more exercise than I do right now (walking / skiing / sailing (racing yachts) ).

I was thinking of seeing a natropath or similar to see if I have reactions to things.

Not sure if I'm eating too little or too much, or at the wrong times. Sometimes I skip meals, or other times I eat really late at night.

This can't go on, I'm feeling depressed about my massive belly and can't imagine summer in this shape.

Happy to take any and all suggestions.

Thanks guys.
PG!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-14, 17:03

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

By bloat, do you mean water or gas?

Certain foods give me gas--but not reliably. By gas, I mean the distended belly kind. Pork rinds, peanuts, sometimes collagen from pork ribs. I made a big pot of soup after a pig roast one summer, ate nothing but it the next day--ended up like the blueberry boy from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I think it depends on the current state of my gut bacteria or something.

I also started getting run to the bathroom type digestive issues any time I ate any kind of meat broth. I noticed meat stewed in tomatoes didn't give the same issues, so I tried making soup with vinegar--and broth hasn't been a problem since.

Don't know if any of this applies to you, but if it's some sort of undefined food intolerance, vinegar seems to at least partly fix mine.