Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-03, 10:02

Plan: atkins( induction)
Stats: 252/124/115 Female 60in
BF:55%/19%/15%
Progress: 93%
Default help I have stalled and I can't get up

I have been at the same 163 pound for one and a half months. Please help me I am so sad. I am down 90 pounds in 17 months but I have 40 left to lose. I have not gone over 20 carbs in months and only eat the things that are on the inductions list. As well as only 4 oz of cheese per day. I am not cheating!!!!!!I drink 100 oz of water per day. And no more than my 2- 3 cup of veggies on the corret lists.
I tryed stacking for a week and not a pound gone so I have given up on that. HHEEEEEEPPPPP smuffy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-03, 10:12
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%
Default You've come so far

Wow, you have such a great loss. I wish I could say something to help you feel better right now but I'm not an Atkins expert. You have lost an awful lot though and they say that the body needs time to adjust - maybe that is what happening with you.

Hang in and you will start losing again.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-03, 10:18
SPOILED

Plan: Atkins Life Maintenance!
Stats: 184/152/154 Female 173 cm/5,8
BF:In right places...
Progress: 107%

Hi,

I agree with Koko about the adjustment period. Can you notice any other changes, like clothes getting bigger and are you measuring with tape? If you exercise the gain of muscles could be an explanation....
I'd really love to help......
Also, you notice no fluctuations, just the same weight all the time???
How many calories are you consuming/day...could be too little perhaps.
Alina

Last edited by Alina : Wed, Mar-26-03 at 10:19.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-03, 10:31
Stepford Malfunction

Default Did you check out this?

Hi Smuffy(cute name) did you check out the link below, there is all kinds of info there - maybe something will help you out.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdis...1000&forumid=14
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-03, 10:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/159/145 Female 63 inches
BF:40%/39%/low
Progress: 68%
Default START A JOURNAL

then maybe we can help out...
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-03, 19:56

Unhappy

thanks ladies I will read the links above. I have a journal and prefer to keep it to my self as I have not changed a thing when it comes to the foods I am eating and I am on strict insuction. So I am sure it is an adjustment period but I want to stop it. I will keep it up but it sure is hard. SMuffy
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-03, 20:22
Stepford Malfunction

ok - I respect your wish to keep your journal private - but ... if you ever want to share it can be a great support tool. Even with no journal so can posting here, so keep on reading and posting. We all have the same goals and the same problems - nothing to be shy about (says the one to shy to post her weight )
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-03, 20:44
Registered Member

Stats: 168/115/115 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Thumbs up Keep it up

Keep up the great work.

Don't think why not now....Just think the best by your not gaining. How do you feel?

Amazin77
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-03, 20:50
Registered Member

Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

Smuffy...

Starting a public journal on this forum can be very helpful in keeping in touch with friends and for getting new ideas, etc. You don't have to disclose anything you don't want...but it's a great way for people to pop in and keep in touch!

You're doing GREAT...and I'm thinking that possibly you've hit a pretty strong plateau...something may need to shake it up a bit!

How are you doing on exercise? Could you change something there...or maybe your portions?? Some of us forget that we've lost a lot of weight...and don't remember to decrease our intake as we lose...

But I do know that if you're staying the course and not gaining, then you'll be able to kick back into gear and get moving again. It just takes some detective work and some adjusting...

Good luck,

#10   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-03, 21:35

Plan: atkins
Stats: 354/233/200 Male 5 ft 11 in
BF:YES
Progress: 79%
Default fat fast..

I would try the fat faste for 2-3 days. It's not alot of fun but it really works to get ya going again. I did it for two days when i stopped losing for 2 wks and it started me losing again. Its pretty boring but it really works. look it up in the back of the atkins book.

Just a thought.

Jon
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-03, 21:14

Thanks to everyone

I will try to remember all the great advice and keep a stiff upper lip and I will decrease a bit and I might try the fat fast. I will keep you all informed. Thanks for the help and support. SMuffy
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-03, 22:25

Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

Hello, I just started this thread today, I realize your stall has been longer thant mine, but you have lost so much weight, that it makes sense for your body to have to adjust. Anyhow if you have'nt already read it have a look.
Cheers and Good luck, patience as well, Kathy
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Mar-28-03, 12:43

Plan: IF/Low carb
Stats: 219/201/172 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

With low-carbing, the less fat you have the harder it is to loose weight - based on the Leptin theories and experience.

Maybe try varying your carbs and calories. The best weight loss I have had since I started was after Christmas when I found it too hard to avoid all the carbs around me, especially my Mom's cookies. I gained 2 pounds over the week and then afterwards I lost 5 quite quickly. It seemed to shake things up. By having fewer carbs (and probably less food) you could be making it worse by sending you body into the starvation mode - remember low-fat dieting.

An idea would be maintence level carbs for a full week, 50 - 90g at day. Maybe eat some fruit every day, which still sounds pretty healthy. Don't worry if you gain a couple pounds, at least its a change and I can assure you it will disappear within a week. Don't a slave to your scale (like I am).
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Mar-30-03, 13:45
Registered Member

Stats: 171/104/103 Female 61"
BF:
Progress: 99%

I'd also suggest upping your carbs a bit, maybe to OWL levels? Sometimes too LITTLE carbs can be a problem. Good luck!
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 15:40

Well I am happy to say my plataue is finally broken so I hope I am down 2 more pound. I am hoping this is my break. I didn't change anything I just stuck to it. NO cheating.
THere was alot of good advise but I do think it was my bodys way of adjusting. I am so happy now but it sure was hard to stick to when I was stuck and gaining and losing the same 3 pounds.
Well thanks everone happy low carbing Smuffy