Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2236   ^
Old Mon, Aug-26-19, 05:46

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, your DH description of watching tv has me cracking up!!! omgosh if it isn't identical to my hubby. I sneak to get the remote to turn down the volume, one eye opens and he says, I can't hear it, leave it alone! Then I shush him and just turn it down anyway and his eye closes and at least I got the damn volume down

You are loving your Green Chef so far...cool! It really fits in well with your lifestyle and less time in the kitchen and some new exciting meal tastes is a great change!

yea kiddo off to high school this morning she is fine with it all but the getting up early is gonna weigh heavily on here in about 2 days , oh well, back to hitting bed earlier is the answer to that one! Her bus comes at 6:45. She is cool with it all tho so far...day 1...by day 4 I am gonna hear, mom can I take off Friday! uh, nope

Blue your night time fun in the old neighborhood sounds great...…just remember tho as you leave and go home to NO MAINTENANCE home the others are still mowing and dealing with tons of outside issues you got it made gal!! You go home to your no work swimming pool and no mow life OMG now I want to sell it all and hit the road full time in my rv and ditch all the work involved in home ownership!

yea I gotta say a few very small baby carrots cut up little give great crunch to a salad, I pretend they are croutons

I did look up a hiking club meet up around me a few years ago and never went further with it. Might look into it again, for me tho, I despise having any type of scheduled meet up where I need to be there. I hate any kind of schedule or time restraint in my life now so that is keeping me a bit distant on it all. huh, will think on things abuot that, thanks

Jaz very cool work options are opening up for you!! Good people always land on their feet well with employment if you just bide your time and see what comes down the pike for ya....absolutely don't knee jerk anything. take your time and see what opens up and think hard on it all.....you will come out fine thru all this

Nicco, yea her shoes are Nike Air.....name is Forces. But I am calling them Air Force 1s LOL she loves them tho took her a long time to get the darn things on this morning, I had to loosen both shoes on the laces for her to get her foot down the darn things.....told her to allow about 1/2 hr. per shoe to get on HAHA

WOW with the ILs. you guys got your hands full. thing is they agree one day and then when you get close to a 'real change' they will backout of whatever they are putting up with from you guys We worked so hard on Tony's mom getting her zoned, touring manufactured homes to weed them out and then taking her out and about, and doing a ton of work on it all to get her out of the 125 yr old death trap nasty home she is in and right before it all came down to a decision she was like, I want my home, I ain't doing any of it. we threw up our hands and said DONE deal on it all. AND my mom is good still at 91 but you know....ugh...Bro Gregg is there 2-3-4 days then leaves, she stays home alone a day or 2 depending on what SHE wants and then I go up and shop with her and then if needed she calls me for anything and then 'allows' Gregg on whatever day she wants for him to come again for a few days. Freaks me out...offered her a ton of options and one is moving in here and more......she ain't having none of it LOL BUT ONE thing we chatted was I said, mom if ya fall and die on the floor you ain't holding me to feeling guilty right? She said nope. I choose how I want to live and what goes down goes down as I want it too, so that cleared the air on alot for me at least. I can't control her, she won't let me

Your kids are doing so great Nicco....so happy everyone is coming into themselves and doing it all good for each of them!!

Noticed your huge food list is dwindling with the kids doing their own thing...must be nice truly to get more out of the kitchen then in it

Greg....glad you posted up and yea being a guy you aren't going to post total chatty like us gals....it is all cool.....love you being part of this group!!

The best thing about TRY is it means you are changing yourself and keeping it in the forefront.....worst thing about TRY is when things are not happening as you want, you do have to change things around a bit to get better results. You got this!!!!

So cool that your running time is improving and you are getting fab results.

Your scale won't move all the time BUT EVERY SINGLE ACTION you are taking on a daily basis from exercise, controlled food intake IS MAKING and KEEPING you a very healthy person! THAT IS A MASSIVE KEY for all of us as we get older. I know it is very important for me So even if the scale slights ya a bit, you are doing the absolute best for your health and life! Never let the scale take that away from you

You know when I type to you.....with your simple little GREAT posts about what you are doing.....I come out with good insights for myself Like you said TRY and my mind thinks, hey, WE ARE all so improved in our eating from the typical heart attack junk foods out there, we are moving our bodies to keep the joints oiled, we are gaining alot of benefits form this lifestyle seriously......so screw the scale a bit and remember WE ARE soaring way above where we used to be So thanks!! You keep me thinking and that is a great thing

Kid off to first day high school
looking chic in her new duds
took forever to put on her new 'white' sneaks...yea white first day and she begged for black as her go to ones....see....glad I got both LOL

I feel free immediately!

Got to call vet for normal bloodwork on dog for his seizure meds. Hopefully get him in fast and out as usual. Yea, every 3 months he needs bloodwork to be sure his seizure pills are good....$97 every 3 months then get new 3 mo pills prescribed. ugh, pain but I guess I gotta do it

run to little grocery near me.
need just a few items.

NOT doing real shop cause I told hubby we are eating down the crap we have, period!! But need milk, eggs, and few other things to round out...keeping costs super low in food dept.

today for me is shrimp again for dinner
brunch time, might skip or eat tuna

kcals on my mind, see how long I can go and just keep food super simple and NOT on my mind or cook big and stay the heck away from the kitchen

great day all
Sponsored Links
  #2237   ^
Old Mon, Aug-26-19, 06:10

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Monday morning all!!!!

Lori- You had me laughing out loud about the hubby falling asleep watching sports and then waking up saying "I am watching that"!!- Boy if that doesn't sum up almost all men!!! My ex used to do the SAME thing!

So did those meatballs came already as a meatball or did you make them? I would be interested in how they were made! I too have a hankering for a really good meatball. I don't use bread crumbs for me.
I don't eat before my OMAD. Then it is a "good" high quality meal. I think though I have been just a bit lax in the veggie dept. They add up too!!!!! Not a hog wilder- just to many veggies.
So glad you are still excited over Greenleaf.
They deliver out of the area near you- so your delivery is a bit fresher than mine was. I also ended up tossing some stuff that went bad before I could eat it. - The issue of too much being it is just me!

I would be more inclined to buy if it was single portions. But I can see that would not be profitable. I have also noticed that the grocery stores here are getting in on the "Take and make" dinners. They box them up the same way. Everything you need to make a dinner for TWO- is included. They are running about 16.00.Which is about what Green Leaf charges.

Agreed that you have done so well being proactive about your arm. You have been relentless in pursing a "cure/healing"- and got it!!!
Next year I expect to see you come out swinging! A golf club that is!!!!

Greg- I get the word "try". I toss it in the same bucket as "SHOULD". I seriously hate that word, SHOULD. I have taken it out of my verbiage.
Hey I am impressed you are in races!!!!!
What is chicken stew? You eat it everyday? Are you counting carbs? I don't remember if you have talked about your WOE.
Yup- write a bit more, we do like having ya around!

TRIG-
- The kiddo starts school this week right? Is she nervous?High school is a huge step! - Enjoy it!!!!!! ya blink and they are in their own life! But they do come back, just differently- in a grand way!!!! It is awesome to watch them bloom into adults!!

Oh the hubby? You think it is time for him to see a Chiropractor? Get an x-ray? It seems to have been going on a minute.
I am thrilled to hear you are wanting to get to hiking. What about your neighbor gal pal. Does she like to hike?
Right now though it is a sloppy mess of mud with the rain.

I can hear you are getting ZONED up!!!!- Steak anyone??????? Yes please!!

Blue-- loved your email. I tend to get lost in "You Tube!!!!- I am into to music big time so it was great.

I loved you are still connected and doing activities with the neighbors you had for so long. Did you look over at "your house"??
But think of the new memories that young family are having!!!
I know though that there is a part of you still missing your stomping grounds. Your new life will build new memories as well!!!

Being the gyspy that I am- I have always moved around growing up, and it continued into adulthood. The good thing- we kept the kids in the same school district. So for me moving around I really have never been super attached to a certain house. Even my "dream home"- I was only in for 4 years before we lost it in the divorce.
But I understand your attachment. So in a way my Grandmother's home of 50 years was the closest thing to a "home" growing up and as a young adult. I think when I had to clean it out and move them into the nursing home was one of the hardest things I ever had to do.
I remember thinking that night this will be the last night in "my home"- I grew up in it. I had already moved my grandparents into the nursing home and the next day I had movers coming to clean it out. So I has 24 hours of the empty house and memories. It was very hard! So I really do understand it can be a loss.
However the place my grandparents went to was a really nice nursing home.
I made sure they got the best care. And my grandfather told me- this is the place I need to be.

You are nowhere near that spot. But I think if everyone had the responsibility to move as life changes it makes things so much easier on our families in the future. I plan to do exactly what you and the hubby did. At some point be a free bird and not have to worry with a home up keep. It can be TOO much!

Speaking of- did your husbands family wrap up that issue with the home they had to clear out and sell?

NIC-
- hey there! I know you are feeling better that the DS 20 is fairing so much better and feeling his way around better. Getting a lay of the land so to speak!
What does your week look like?
Has school started there yet? It is in full swing here!

Whats on your menu?
---------------------------------------------------
I AM loving the cooler temps!!!!!-

I woke up with stress induced "tummy issues". I had such a fabulous weekend. I was hard to get up this morning, and not because I didn't get sleep.
So I am a sucker for impulse buying "First" magazine. It's that one you stare at when you are waiting in like at the grocery. Well of course in big bold word- KETO CYCLING, lose 20 pounds in 10 days. Well it ended up in my bag.

I came across however an article on adrenal fatigue due to continued stress that fits me to a TEE!!!!!-
So the "cure", organic foods, no night shades, no processed or sugar, exercise, and learning either yoga or meditation. Learning how to reduce stress rather than absorb it. Learning how to deflect it. I like it.

Add that to Blues suggestion of using my refrigerator (now it doesn't smell)- as my inspiration board might help my "stress tummy IBS", and tummy aches. Only happens M-F 8-5. Hummmmmmmmmm.
Yes I will be thrilled to move into something different. It is TIME. But doing it smartly.

Today- my OMAD: I am making a juicy Lucy. That is a juicy bunless burger with "stuff on top' I am thinking avocado, Hummmm tomato and onion out (night shades), I will figure it out! -
I have grass fed beef I need to use.

Ok- off to serve "The man".

Have a great day all!
  #2238   ^
Old Mon, Aug-26-19, 06:14

BF:

HEY TRIG- we cross posted and you answered my questions to you!!!! ENJOY your day!!!!!!!
  #2239   ^
Old Mon, Aug-26-19, 07:51

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz- I know you are sorry the weekend is over. I'm sorry about the continuing stress tummy troubles. Hopefully positive changes are coming soon.

I only know of a Juicy Lucy as a burger stuffed with cheddar cheese but since you don't eat cheese you could do a regular burger or stuff a bit of butter in the middle or butter and mushrooms?

I have actually never worn an underwire bra in my life. I've been a comfort girl always. Good thing my man and kids are all good with me being me 'cause I ain't changing! (Gosh, darn if that didn't sound just like Trig!)

What did you mean about a possible move in relation to the office job? Just bc the commute would be so long if you had to go in the office daily?

Hope your ribs were good and VERY glad you figured out the smell issue!

Lori- Glad the news is good about the BIL and it wasn't a huge emergency situation with life threatening issues.

That meatball dish sounds amazing. Your DH taking a picture made me laugh- that is some high praise right there! How did you modify it for yourself, if at all?

I'm a huge fan of quiet mornings. I make sure I get up a good hour and a half before my kids do in the summer so that I can get that time. In the school year I know I have it once they leave.

Greg- I find that the closer one gets to goal weight, the slower it all becomes. Your run times are improving and that is really good news!

I am a big believer in the word 'try' as it pertains to new goals, novelty and working toward things, but when 'try' becomes more of an Inaction word (as it does sometimes with me) then it becomes problematic and I have to use the word 'DO' instead of try. Does that make sense? Sometimes for me 'try' becomes too much of 'an out.'

Blue- Your evening sounds truly lovely. I would think that it would have brought on all the nostalgia and all the feels. I totally get that completely. So glad you had that time.

BTW I am totally with you- anytime I am doing anything in the evening I have to have decompression time. I cannot just come home and go to bed!

Trig- I hope DD has a wonderful first week at school! Luckily after week one she will get a break for Labor Day so that will be a short week. Not sure how your district handles Jewish holidays. Ours takes them off so rarely in September is there a full week of school at all for public school students.

••••••••••

Happy Monday to all (but not you, Jaz, we can pretend it is Sunday for you!)

Getting DS17 up soon bc he is doing dog sitting this weekend and he is doing a meet and greet this morning. Just as well he is getting up because today is the last full day he has to work on Summer Reading and college applications. The good news is that, once the essay is uploaded and a couple of more questions, he is FINISHED! We will be able to hit that submit button and all six will be complete on his end. We will still need to send his ACT test scores and the school will have things to do (send transcripts, rec letters, school profile etc) but his actual part will be complete. Pretty amazing! He has no idea about this but this is earlier than EITHER of his older sibs had to be finished by. I just expected way more pushback from DS17 than I actually got.

It is excellent though because now he won't have to mix college app stuff with homework or his job that he will doing. Much less pressure.

He leaves tomorrow afternoon for his High School Retreat- the whole high school goes and they will be back on Friday. They do water sports, play games, color wars etc. It's a big bonding thing they do every other year. There are also Christian speakers etc so I will remind him to be respectful and hold his tongue. One more year.

So it looks like big progress is made with the ILs. My SIL told me that MIL texted her that they will buy a house with them and live with them. There are so many layers to this that I won't go into on here, but I think it is a decent solution with many potential dangers and pitfalls. But at least a decision is made. More on that to come, no doubt, in the coming week and months.

I have to do work on my class a bit today- I never got around to the Friday lesson (lessons posted 2x/week) so I will set up in the LR and do that, and then I work today from 4-8. It's at the slow desk so I will take some doula studying to do. I'm making the chicken bacon ranch casserole today for lunch and then the guys can try some tonight if they want to. Yesterday they both ate a meal at like 3, so I saw no point in making it then. I just had leftover meatloaf.

On plan but not getting too much movement in lately, with absolutely no excuses for it. I did mow the lawn yesterday but still. I need to stop making excuses and move my body more.
  #2240   ^
Old Tue, Aug-27-19, 05:48

BF:

Tue- URghhhhhh-
I started working at 8:15 yesterday, drove 3 hours, saw 4 members that were all train wrecks and needing tons of stuff, drove home. Ate in from of my computer and didn't close my computer until 11:05 then went to bed and can't wait to do the same crap again. Fell asleep listening to a You tube talk on "Living Your Best life". I would have given my tablet the finger except I was too exhausted and fell asleep anyway!

This is unsustainable - I just keep looking at my $$$, and think one more pay check, then one more pay check, then- when is enough enough. I have a feeling it will not be a pretty ending. I am a firm believer in not burning bridges in business. They are really pushing me I think to quit- my division. But I will see what this other division has to offer. Sighhhhhhhhhhh..........

I was off rails yesterday- to tired and just didn't care. I ate in front of my computer and didn't have leftovers and didn't care what I stuck in the piehole as long as it wasn't still moving. I can feel it this morning. Today is going to be a longer day. They are sending me to the boarder Ga/TN to see somewhere.

I would guess about 4-5 hour driving to see my scheduled 4 members then charting after I get home. Another night of long charting is in store. I glanced at tomorrow's schedule- it is a repeat of today. Can anyone say batshit crazy. Sorry- I should listen to the You Tube video I fell asleep on!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAH

I have a eating plan in place though- I am going to pick up a rotisserie chicken and a bag of salad and call it a day (no cheese).
I never made my juicy Lucy- I am not sure the hamburger is still good. I have a really issue if something "smells" - it gets tossed.

Sorry- I started off that way. It's just hard to separate my life when one is knee deep in it. I know this is not not a forever situation- that is the saving grace. I just don't want to lose my health in this process. Good health is priceless.

I am too the point I am crossing my fingers that when they do the lay off's the end of Oct. I am in that group- serious fingers crossed. I would get a 3 month severance and tuition forgiveness and I would be SO OK with it. First thing I would do is sleep for a week!!!!- They are so cheap though, they want me to quit so they don't have to pony up. I am not going to make it easy for them.
Ok done whining - Thanks-

NIC-
That is so cool about the school stating off the school year with a school field trip! I have never heard of something like that. I think that is such a GREAT idea!!!! Smart mom to get DS17 all ready for school with all the collage stuff completed.

I am thrilled for you that you are having a great time in school yourself!!! I see you getting a bit more in it!!!! Do you have a goal when you are done? Like so many people you need to see? Will you be going into the hospitals? So will you be a lactation consultant?

Wowsa over the IL- Ya I can see how THAT could go sideways in a red hot second! But you know, let your hubby deal with it and take a step back. Smile sweetly and let it ROLL!!!!

TRIG- So tell me all about the kiddo fist day of school????? Did she love it? Did she talk about it? DETAILS!!!
Do you love your quiet time. What does your hubby do during the day?
I bet you are over all this mold/rain/ humid and heavy air!!! - the humidity and heat is back! URghhhhh

Lori- I will bet money you have posted by the time I hit submit! Are you still going to therapy?
How is the walking going? am going to find a way I can get some walking in. I sat for almost 14 hours yesterday- that is down right dangerous and I know it! I so need to move!!! You are the moving queen!!!! Any races on the horizon? Do you still converse with your running group? Whats on your menu tonight?

Blue/ Greg- HELLO! Hope you are well!!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------
Nothing more to add. I spewed it all upfront!

Time to face "the man" - one step in front of the other! I need to get it together..........so hard.......

Have a great day all.
  #2241   ^
Old Tue, Aug-27-19, 06:04

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco less pressure on anyone is good so glad your DS17 has his ducks in a row and is in fine shape!!

I am same as you that I need to move more. cooler weather means hiking for us hikers...so yea we will move more sooner than later now

Holidays at school....not sure, I just get that calendar that shows her days off, heck I have no clue what those days are for actually HA When I glance once a week at the calender I just note if she has a day off coming or not
I kinda don't care what those days ARE for kinda yea me sad I know.

WOW moving in with the elderly ones. WOW. I would have to have a monster freaking sized house. Big time!! More power to them if they can do it. Best of luck to all on that one!!

Jaz I feel for you on this job!!!! But Oct is not far away. I would just keep saying you need to take it day by day.....hey you got ANY vacay days or personal days or anything to take off.....you know take a day here and there in the mix to give yourself some chill time. You don't need to 'save vacay' days cause you ARE going to do something sooner than later on the job so use up some days to help yourself chill and break the crazy of it all.
So sorry it sucks so bad for ya!!!
Oct layoff.....boy that would be great for ya.
Oct will come sooner than ya think...heck just going into Sept now and it will fly so hold strong!!

HI ALL

dog to vet at 10
stop, get few school supplies, a few pocket folders and 1 in binder
home to do some cleaning chores...BOO but I gotta I despise cleaning anymore!!

then chilling thru the day taking life kinda easy. rain coming for today and leaving tomorrow sometime so I will call and make dog a groom appt on a dry day.....hate paying for groom and then he gets wet the next day and he stinks again HAHA

nothing much

today is broth, tuna/mayo and garlic butter shrimp with cocktail sauce
(not shrimped out just yet....so loving them right now and low kcal) but soon you will see me slupping down a giant ribeye steak cause I can't stand shrimp anymore

great day all
  #2242   ^
Old Tue, Aug-27-19, 07:33

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Oh Jaz, hon, I am really sorry that your work is so stressful and hard. I truly am. I know how much this is affecting you and my heart just goes out to you, it really does. I hope that either you get the October layoff OR you get a job in a different division that you like much more. Whichever would be better for you! Meanwhile, hold on as best as you can.

Trig- Girl!! You did not tell us how DD's first day of high school went! I want to hear about it!

Yeah Trig, you are right. They will definitely be getting a sizable house to share with the ILs. Ideally they will have them in a first floor master, the kids upstairs and then BIL/SIL will either be upstairs also or in a basement bedroom depending on the set up. They want to have a main floor FR and also a basement level FR so that there are different places for people to go, to get away and watch TV or have friends over or whatever. I still don't really know if I could do it- for a short term probably but not long term. I can be particular about stuff like leaving all the lights on all the time or whatever, and I know MIL can be the same way. SIL is not very territorial and I admit that I can be. My home has been my office of sorts for the last 24 years and I know how I like it to run smoothly.

Oh! And BIL/SIL have two Labradors and then of course the ILs have their Golden (Gunner) so there will be three big, shedding dogs in that house too. SIL has already told MIL that she wants to bring in a cleaning lady 1x/week. Seems like sort of a lot, usually 2x/week would suffice, but not my circus.

NOT MY CIRCUS!!

••••••

Nice Tuesday here, high of 77º and cloudy. Really loving this Fall air.

We got the submit button hit on 4/6 applications! The other one (for two colleges) is ready to go but we hit a confusion spot so I emailed the GC and we will put that on pause. He also completed all four of his required summer reading books! DS17 is now getting himself packed up and straightening his room(s) for the cleaning crew. I gotta tell you, he has been so nice lately and so obedient. I am enjoying it and am also sort of scared. What's coming??

Not a heck of a lot going on today on my end. Not working today. I got a little bit of reading done last night at the desk but not too much. I was told when I was starting that one of the security guards is a bit gruff and cranky so I'm putting some time in to building a positive relationship with him right now. That involved a good bit of listening to him and letting him show me things about his job last night. That's okay.. that time will pay off in dividends down the road. Nice guy, actually. He's 72 and still working, and his wife is 77 and still working part time for an attorney. I am very impressed by that!

I'll probably work some on my Doula Resources list today.

Jaz- I will not be a Lactation Consultant. That takes a ton of schooling. For now I am completing my certification to be a Postpartum Doula and in March 2020 I will train for and sit for an exam to be a Lactation Counselor. That is sort of the equivalent to being a PA versus an RN. Scope of practice differs.

I plan to have my own business but may join a doula group also. You can keep your own business and your own business clients and there is not a no-compete clause. You can choose your schedule with them and when/how much you would like to work. To me that is a win/win!

On plan, not weighing but just going along doing my thing.
  #2243   ^
Old Tue, Aug-27-19, 08:24

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

OMG....I am exhausted! Up at 4:30 to let the cat out and then back to bed. Didn't crawl out of bed until 6:45. Just enough time for coffee and then off to Yoga. As usual, the workout kicked my butt. Now I'm home and finally got to eat something. Yesterday was a diet day, so very low calorie. I was ready to eat today! We're going out for dinner tonight, so no planning for me. Looking forward to it big time.

I think today will be an off day for my walking. I did 3 days in a row plus yoga this morning and I'm a tired girl. Yesterday I actually incorporated some running into my workout. I could almost hear my legs saying "Oh geez, here she goes again!"

I have a massage to look forward to at 12:30 this afternoon. Ahh...... I don't see the Sport Chiro until Friday. We're cutting it down to once a week now.

Sorry...I'm too pooped for personals. Need to just rest and recover a bit. Be back later!
  #2244   ^
Old Tue, Aug-27-19, 18:25

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

I am super done in today. Styled all day for Big Client, HUGE room. Feel good about it but it is a lot of both physical and mental work...not to mention all the decisions that lead up to finally getting to style it all. But I DO love it. A lot.

Then came home and spend a couple more hours working on a promotion idea to get more styling work. It's pretty fun. Will 'splain more later. Putting my oars firmly in dream waters and turning my palms up to the universe, open to all ideas and things possible. My pal tells me I need more faith that things will appear and reveal new paths in good time, but yeah, you gotta give the universe a little help.

On plan and all is well for today. Back tomorrow w/more personals. So many thoughts flying around in my head in response to y'all and just too pooped to participate tonight.
  #2245   ^
Old Tue, Aug-27-19, 18:26

BF:
Progress:

haha Lori, hadn't read your post before I posted. We are two tired peas in a pod tonight!
  #2246   ^
Old Wed, Aug-28-19, 05:30

BF:

Good morning all- can you believe we are up to 150 pages already! didn't we start this new thread last Sept? It was in the fall! I sorta feel that was a good time to change it up- new starts.

OMG- I had to pause and go back and read page 1. We started it July 28th- a year ago....... back in the day :
Blue: was picking between a young and an older seasoned realtor
Lori was quoting her part time gig at Dicks, to play more golf
Trig- - was listening to her hubby whine about a boat he wanted until she went batty
NIC- was wedding planning
Jaz/ Me- was complaining about the heat!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH- plus Ava came off her oxygen..........

Somethings haven't changed- Me complains about the heat! That was fun though to think about where are all are in just a years time.

Couple that with Trigs last post about all of us being in great health (don't be haters) for our age!!!!!- But it is true. Do you all know how many people I see in their 40-50's and beyond with heart attacks and strokes already who are type 2 diabetic. MOST of that could have been prevented by lifestyle. Who cares what the scales say!!!! We are living a different life! Plus is just FEELS good!

BLUE/ NIC
- look forward to seeing you post a little something! No pressure or anything. LOLOLOL

Lori- Your day yesterday left me envious! I need to find a good masseuse. I had one in Greenville who was AMAZING!!!!!- Once you find someone who has those magic hands it is hard to give them up!
So about those meatballs from Greenleaf- did you make them? I am glad you are so enjoying your packages! Have you done Sautéed Chard again? You really liked that, it would beget with chops.

Have you tried your air fryer yet?

Trig- YES WE want details too on how the kiddo liked school!!!!!!-
Yup I agree, It is time for your hikes! What do you and the hubby do now during the day while the kiddo is in school? Any way you will go back to the gym?

Greg-
-------------------------------------
I found my amazon gift cards I was hunting. I got them about 6 months ago and forgot about it. Then I remember them because I am about to order more puppy vitamins. I get Bella's chewy vitamins she love off Amazon. They run about 30 bucks but a package last her 3 months. So I remembered the gift cards I got from work.

Anyway- I "went shopping"!!!! I bought a high end "cloud like" Comforter set for my king size bed. It is a BEAUTIFUL gray pinstriped. Soft gray and white. It is supposed to be a light weight which is perfect for me. I hate hot blankets. I also got 2 pillow shams, 2 more new pillows, and a mattress cover that is supposed to be a pillow top! It all comes tomorrow!!!!
Yup I had some $$$ to spend and I did. I went over budget by 12 dollars! I can't wait to redo my bedroom!

I already love my bed- but this will be awesome! I also need to hook up that new TV I got back in July.Remember PRIME days? I bought a 32 inch smart TV that is still sitting in a box. Yea I really needed that!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH- but it was on sale!!! So I will put that in the bedroom and I will never want to come out!!!!

Well........ I have put off the inevitable long enough....... Have a good one all!!!! -
Today is Tuna salad, and shrimp on the side. That just SOUNDS good to me. I will add a celery stock for crunch.

Goal- 5 carbs and under!
  #2247   ^
Old Wed, Aug-28-19, 05:39

BF:

Good Morning!

Feeling better after a good night's sleep! Hope you'll be able to say the same Blue. Do you have a busy day again today?

I had a great massage yesterday, as usual. I told the therapist that she's worth her weight in gold. She told me that she's moving to a different location next week and she'll be in an office that also has an RN working there who does facials and other beauty stuff, a physical therapist & several other massage therapists. I love a good facial and I'll no doubt be signing up for one of those!

Yesterday was a "normal" day as far as my diet goes and I was so excited to go out for dinner. I ordered a cup of chili and a club wrap with fries. Decidedly not low carb. Anyway, I bet I didn't eat half of it. Just got SO full. I did eat the meat and cheese out of the tortilla, but didn't eat more than a few bites of the wrap itself. I think this is part of the beauty of this plan. On "diet" days you only eat 500 calories so your stomach shrinks. Then on eating day you just physically can't eat that much. I'm sure I had over 1500 calories yesterday, so no problem there, but I thought I was hungry enough to eat much more.

So far my weight is trending slowly down, so I'm sticking with this plan at least until my vacation to Virginia Beach. I really see myself doing it as a way to maintain even after I get to my goal. They say after the first couple weeks, it gets even easier. We'll see.

Trig...you're making me hungry for shrimp! I need to look into getting some as they would be a perfect "diet" day dinner for me.

Nic...sounds like your DS17 is really doing great. Making the most of his senior year and getting ready for life!

I'm happy that you're liking your job. You are smart to make friends with the "grumpy" security guard. Never know when you'll need him for something.

Jaz....what a crazy week you're having. This just can't go on. I don't blame you for hoping you're on the list for layoffs, I would too! Still hoping the other job comes thru for you.....the one where you can work from home.

Ok.....another cup of coffee for me. Not sure what I'm making for DH for dinner. Green Chef comes today, so I'll probably make one of those dinners. When it's a "diet" day for me, I just eat a portion of the protein and a few veggies.....easy.

Later!
  #2248   ^
Old Wed, Aug-28-19, 11:42

BF:

I'm so lonely..... Hope all is well with everyone.

Just got back from my 45 minute walk/run and now it is pouring rain! I'd say I timed that just right.

Making BBQ meatloaf for dinner thanks to Green Chef. It also includes potato wedges for DH and sauteed broccoli for both of us. A small piece of meatloaf and some broccoli will be my food for the day. "Diet" day is going great!
  #2249   ^
Old Wed, Aug-28-19, 17:24

BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Ugh. That cold I thought was done with circled around and came back and bit me in the butt real hard. Chills, body aches, fever, and painful chest cold. I knew I was a weird kind of "bone tired" last night not usual for me even after a full styling day.

Honestly, it hurts my eyes and head to try to read or write. I might not be here for a couple of days and wanted to let y'all know why. Haven't had a cold like this---actually I think it's a virus---in a long time. But when I get one, like my mom always did, I really go down w/it.

Back when I feel better .
  #2250   ^
Old Wed, Aug-28-19, 17:57

BF:

Good morning all- can you believe we are up to 150 pages already! didn't we start this new thread last Sept? It was in the fall! I sorta feel that was a good time to change it up- new starts.

OMG- I had to pause and go back and read page 1. We started it July 28th- a year ago....... back in the day :
Blue: was picking between a young and an older seasoned realtor
Lori was quoting her part time gig at Dicks, to play more golf
Trig- - was listening to her hubby whine about a boat he wanted until she went batty
NIC- was wedding planning
Jaz/ Me- was complaining about the heat!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH- plus Ava came off her oxygen..........

Somethings haven't changed- Me complains about the heat! That was fun though to think about where are all are in just a years time.

Couple that with Trigs last post about all of us being in great health (don't be haters) for our age!!!!!- But it is true. Do you all know how many people I see in their 40-50's and beyond with heart attacks and strokes already who are type 2 diabetic. MOST of that could have been prevented by lifestyle. Who cares what the scales say!!!! We are living a different life! Plus is just FEELS good!

BLUE/ NIC
- look forward to seeing you post a little something! No pressure or anything. LOLOLOL

Lori- Your day yesterday left me envious! I need to find a good masseuse. I had one in Greenville who was AMAZING!!!!!- Once you find someone who has those magic hands it is hard to give them up!
So about those meatballs from Greenleaf- did you make them? I am glad you are so enjoying your packages! Have you done Sautéed Chard again? You really liked that, it would beget with chops.

Have you tried your air fryer yet?

Trig- YES WE want details too on how the kiddo liked school!!!!!!-
Yup I agree, It is time for your hikes! What do you and the hubby do now during the day while the kiddo is in school? Any way you will go back to the gym?

Greg-
-------------------------------------
I found my amazon gift cards I was hunting. I got them about 6 months ago and forgot about it. Then I remember them because I am about to order more puppy vitamins. I get Bella's chewy vitamins she love off Amazon. They run about 30 bucks but a package last her 3 months. So I remembered the gift cards I got from work.

Anyway- I "went shopping"!!!! I bought a high end "cloud like" Comforter set for my king size bed. It is a BEAUTIFUL gray pinstriped. Soft gray and white. It is supposed to be a light weight which is perfect for me. I hate hot blankets. I also got 2 pillow shams, 2 more new pillows, and a mattress cover that is supposed to be a pillow top! It all comes tomorrow!!!!
Yup I had some $$$ to spend and I did. I went over budget by 12 dollars! I can't wait to redo my bedroom!

I already love my bed- but this will be awesome! I also need to hook up that new TV I got back in July.Remember PRIME days? I bought a 32 inch smart TV that is still sitting in a box. Yea I really needed that!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH- but it was on sale!!! So I will put that in the bedroom and I will never want to come out!!!!

Well........ I have put off the inevitable long enough....... Have a good one all!!!! -
Today is Tuna salad, and shrimp on the side. That just SOUNDS good to me. I will add a celery stock for crunch.

Goal- 5 carbs and under!
Closed Thread