Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 22:42
Registered Member

Plan: Somersizing/ Body-for-Life
Stats: 260/237/160 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:48%/35%/13%
Progress: 23%
Angry Tygris' gym log

This being my first post I should cover the basics, I suppose. :smile:

First Official Challenge
Start date: June 30, 2003
End date: Sept 21, 2003

Progress measurements and pics available here
http://body-for-life-tracker.com/se...ile.cfm?id=2249

I've tried several things in the past and find that right now no sugar/ low carbs is working for me. Since May 21, 2003 (the day I came into the light and gave this way of life a real try) my clothes are already loose and my pants fall off- and that is without any regular excerise!

So far my workouts have been spuratic as I've been focused on getting myself to drink enough water, ect. So this week's goal is to workout at least 4x (while keeping up my good habits like drinking enough water everyday!).
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 11:39
Registered Member

Talking

I had selected that little frowny face because it looked so determined and quite honestly don't we all look a bit like that and all red when we are working really hard!?

I did it! I got up off my duff today!!!

Aerobics:
30 minutes Richard Simmon's Dance Your Pants Off.

My back hurts a little- more so from sleeping on it wrong then working out though. otherwise no problems. Had a little difficulty getting into it since I had a fight with my husband right before and this is a very silly workout tape. I sweat very well and now it's time for a shower and some ice water!

(should be going to the gym later too with my husband so this should be a very good workout day!)
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 12:55
Registered Member

Plan: CKD/TKD combo
Stats: 272/244/190 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 34%

Very nice. Have fun at the gym. I'm still in the process of convincing the wife to join me in weight training. She does like exercise videos, but I doubt I'd be able to stomach Richard Simmons for that long. You are to be commended for even being able to concentrate with his incessant screeching.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 20:14
Registered Member

Talking

I'm high on life today!

I had great upper body workout and I was on cloud nine all day. I even did a liitle cardio on the treadmill for 10 minutes too to warm up! I am so awesome.

Gotta love those after workout endorphins!
I think i'm hooked- i'm ready to go again!

I found something today that may seem silly but it is great for me to focus on to really enjoy the experience of working out. I just love the sound of clinking weights as you raise and lower them! I know it's silly- but psychologically speaking it's a great thing! I never realized before when I was working so hard to punish my body into shape that I really enjoy working out just for the experience of it.

Well it's off to the hot tub! Night all!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-03, 22:48
Registered Member

Red face

Today's activities were a sweaty 2 1/2 hours of heavy house work and another hour of home repair.

I am wiped out- but the house is looking great. Still has a long way to go before the kitchen remodel done and the exterior painted and the basement finished.....

time for sleep
sweet sweet sleep.....
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 22:00
Registered Member

Thumbs up

No trip to the gym today but i got my workout anyway. I finished painting the cook shack at the farm- took 3 hours and my shoulders are sore!

But it feels to nice to see it DONE!

Tomorrow I'm going to the gym come hell or high water!

Good sweating all!

Last edited by Tygris : Wed, Jul-23-03 at 22:04.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 10:43
Registered Member

More of the same today.
Cleared a 20x 30 area of thorny hedge trees to create a shaded clearing behind the cook shack so people to enjoy during the heat of the day. cut up the trunks for firewood and dragged the rest to a brush pile for burning this winter.
Moved the 50 lb park benches out there, hung screen on the main window.

Still have 2 side window's to screen and a door to build and hang but as is it's ready for the party saturday. I just need to pack up the condiments and things for the bbq, the liquor and hit the store for punch supplies.

I think if I can get all that done tomorrow- well today- I'll be quite happy.

I'm so tired.....
maybe I'll just take the day off so i can enjoy this silly party tomorrow in the right frame of mind.....
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 23:31
Registered Member

Made it to the gym tonight at 10:30
did 20 min on the treadmill at incline
and lower body workout

pooped now
time for sleep
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 23:02
Registered Member

<smacks forehead>
knew I forgot something!
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-03, 00:43
Registered Member

i know my posts here have been pretty spuratic
but then again so have my workouts.

I've been trying to live actively and also decided that I'd only record the structured gym type workouts since my goal is to get to the gym 5X a week. This may have been a mistake....
I'm better with exercise when i know I've already done some- then i want to do more (kinda like 'gee it wasn't that bad- i could even go another round!) and when i really get going can do yoga, cardio, and weightlifting and still be more active then usual afterwards. I just have to erase that old tape in my head playing over and over that exercise is bad cause when i exercise I will always be in pain later.
I really overtrained in my previous attempts at completeing a BFL challenge. I'd get lobster red and hold my breathe and really strain! now I concentrate on form (not the number of pounds) and on breathing and truly feeling that muscle move reawakening it to do what it was meant to do. it's become an almost spiritual experience now and the slight soreness that comes after is easily mended with a little cytovol (muscle recovery supplement from EAS). And with the scale's numbers dropping like a stone this is obviously working for me. (even if I get that tinge of guilt that I can't possibily be working hard enough if i'm not constantly pushing myself to do heavier than last time).

Not perfection- Progress is the key!
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-03, 13:06
Registered Member

WOOHOO!
in spite of the cramps and nausea I swam last night! Water jogging for 30 minutes.
way to go me!
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-03, 19:56
Registered Member

Helped nick move today.
That was plenty workout!!!! The dork couldn't live on the ground floor nor could he move to the ground floor- oh no!! I hate stairs....
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-03, 20:47
Registered Member

Talking 5am workouts!

Looks like this is going to work!!
Davis- my DH- has even begun joining me and considering what he's like at 7 much less 5 AM!!! This is quite a trial for him but he was finally convinced when i told him early morning workouts on an empty stomach can burn up 300% more fat! That and all the champs we admire so much for their dramatic results and super cut buffness all swear by the same thing- working out on an empty stomach.
So that's what we've been doing.
Worked great so far!

Today was upper body, 5 and 10 lbs. I think I'll be bringing my 3 lbs and 8 lbs so i can get some weights inbetween 5 lb intervals!
I've almost reached the point where I think I'll be making the switch back to a true BFL workout method (I've been using Joyce Vedral's). Joyce's workout is great too but it's served it's purpose for me- I've learned workouts are fun and have re-developed a healthy outlook on my preformance. Now it's time for a challenge!

I wish they would fix the hot tub though!- nothing like a nice soak after a hard workout at 6 am while the whole world is still asleep and you have already accomplished the most important part of your day! GOTTA LOVE IT!