Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-14-02, 14:25
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 158/139/120
BF:
Progress: 50%
Question CAD pancakes (need help)

Has anyone made these pancakes? They are from the CAD book ( just posted by someone else on another message board). I had a hard time making them. If anyone has made these successfully please help me out.

BREAKFAST PANCAKES serves 2

2 eggs
1/2 t cr of tarter
1 c reg cottage cheese
1 T soy flour
1/2 packet of sugar sub
1 t butter

Recipe

Seperate the egg whites and yolks. Beat the whites until frothy. Add cr of tarter and continue to beat until stiff dry peaks are forms.

In a med size bowl, combine egg yolks, cottage cheese, soy flour, and sweetner. Mix well. Gently fold yolk mixture into whites mixture.

Melt butter on griddle, but do not let butter burn. Pour enough batter to form 3 inch pancakes. Cook til brown on one side (approx 2 min) turn and brown on other side. Stack and serve hot.

I put was paper between mine and put them in an old bread wrapper in fridge. If I want a Breakfast Burrito I cook my eggs, bacon or sausage, and cheese and lay it in the middle. You can eat these at work.. or save pancakes for hamburgers or hotdogs at a cook out.

Ok I was supposed to post this some time back, but I also have my own club on Yahoo, so it has taken me sometime to get back with you. The breakfast pancakes are considered Craving Reducing in the CALP book. They are made with Soy Flour which you can purchase at ant health food store. Since you are unable to have syrup with them, I use them to make breakfast burritos or use them in place of bread if I want to have a hamburger at lunch. I do not make to many because I would not have them for every meal but occassionally it is good for those occassional cook outs where a hamburger isn't the samew/o a bun. LOL

SMB
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-18-02, 17:40

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Default pancakes

I have this recipe. I haven't yet tried it because I simply always have an excuse not to. LOL. I keep thinking I will...... but.......

Maybe I will try them tomorrow.
Libby