Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Breakfast Ideas
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 08:46

Plan: ??
Stats: 135/???/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%
Talking Amazing pancakes and only 1 carb!!!

I know a similar recipe has been posted for pancakes made w/protein powder, but since so many people are looking for egg alternatives I will post mine (actually got it from Viv)...it's a little different anyway. I made this for the first time this morning and it turned out AMAZING. This was my first attempt at ever making pancakes and they still turned out as some of the best I've ever eaten. And to top it off, the whole batch (5 mid size pancakes) has only .7 grams of carbs.

Mix 1 scoop Soy Pro protein powder (Universal Nutrition brand; I used chocolate) with 1 egg, 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp melted butter. Add water slowly until you get the right consistency. I didn't measure but I think maybe 1/2 cup. Spray pan w/pam, cook and enjoy! They were sweet enough on their own w/out any sweeteners, however I did try them w/Atkins syrup and it was very good.

The whole batch has 425 calories, 34 grams protein, 32 grams fat and 1 gram of carbs (from the egg). This breaks down to 67% fat, 1% carbs and 32% protein. The soy pro has 0 carbs and is very creamy, but I suppose you could use any brand of protein powder.

--Cindy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 12:19
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/165.5/135 Female 168 cm
BF:
Progress: 13%
Smile

Cindy, thanks for a great recipe. Can I just ask how much a 'scoop' of protein powder is? My pp didn't come with a scoop, so I'm not sure of the right measurement.

Thanks!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 15:45

Plan: ??
Stats: 135/???/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default 1 scoop

Hi Lupey,

1 scoop of mine equals 33 grams.