Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-21, 14:50

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Sorry to meddle in on your active thread, but I was reading Gin Stephens' annotated bibliography in one of her books, and noticed that she recommended CAD. Interesting, because I read CAD years ago, and do not remember the author doing OMAD at all. Just sharing Gin Stephens thoughts with you:

Quote:
The Carbohydrate Addict’s Diet, by Drs. Richard and Rachael Heller

Again, here is another plan that I don’t follow, but it is high on my list because it helped steer me towards the one meal a day lifestyle.~ It’s not even available in e-format, and you want the old version from 1991, which you’ll probably have to buy as a used paperback.~ The pure gold is in the introduction, where Rachael describes her weight loss struggles and eventual epiphany.~ She was finally able to lose weight when she started skipping breakfast and lunch and only eating dinner, all thanks to a rescheduled doctor’s appointment that required her to be in the fasted state.~ Rachael invented intermittent fasting and discovered appetite correction, but she didn’t even know it.~ She reached the nirvana of appetite correction by eating one meal a day for dinner, went on to lose all of her weight, and maintained effortlessly.~ Sound familiar?~ If not, reread my chapter on the one meal a day lifestyle.~ She was living it before it was a thing.~ The actual plan listed in the book is a combination of low carb meals with one daily reward meal, at which time you can eat whatever you want within a one-hour eating window.~ This book was truly before its time, as the principles make complete sense when you view her recommendations through the lens of The Obesity Code.~ I believe that intermittent fasting with one meal per day, which is what she actually DID, is more powerful than the low carb plan she recommends; however, if you are having trouble adjusting to an intermittent fasting lifestyle, I would 100% recommend that you start with her book’s plan and work your way up to the one meal plan.

Stephens, Gin. Delay, Don't Deny: Living an Intermittent Fasting Lifestyle (pp. 117-118). Gin Stephens. Kindle Edition.

Note: The Appetite Correction discovery is from Dr. Bert Herring, author of The Fast 5.

Last edited by JEY100 : Mon, Mar-22-21 at 16:45.
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-21, 09:17

Plan: CAD
Stats: 220/217/180 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 8%

Morning mojo.....

I’m in NY not the city....weather is still nice for a few more days, 70 on Thursday then back to the 50s.

Bummer about the weight....I might have to change things up like you did with the OMAD. I’m just not sure what way to go.

Later💕
  #108   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-21, 09:33

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Sorry to meddle in on your active thread, but I was reading Gin Stephens' annotated bibliography in one of her books, and noticed that she recommended CAD. Interesting, because I read CAD years ago, and do not remember the author doing OMAD at all. Just sharing Gin Stephens thoughts with you:

Note: The Appetite Correction discovery is from Dr. Bert Herring, author of The Fast 5.

Hi.....Just saw this....very interesting and thank you so much for sharing this information. I to had read how she lost weight with OMAD. I didn’t know if she stuck with it to lose all her weight or switched over to her CAD plan.

Mojo is doing the OMAD and I wish I could get into it because I feel I need to add something else to my plan. I’m just going up and down with my weight.

Thanks for popping in💕
  #109   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-21, 10:46

Plan: DDF, Fung
Stats: 247/209/199 Female 66.5"
BF:kickin it
Progress: 79%

Hey Jeep

Yes, nice of you to pop in Janet. I also came to the realization that the CAD plan works very well with OMAD and that the Hellers were on to something way before anyone else climbed on the IF program. Fasting works if you stick with it. My most successful plan is OMAD (mid-day) fasting for 23 hours between meals. Nothing to eat past 4pm. Honestly I struggle with this now, but the first time I tried it worked like a dream.

Jeep, your weather sounds very similar to mine. Enjoy the sun whenever you can. Are you retired? My days are spent with my grandson homeschooling when my DD is at work.

TTYL
  #110   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-21, 04:32

BF:

Morning mojo

I went totally off plan yesterday and don’t even ask me what I ate....bad bad Jeep

Ok so back at it today....RM Cauliflower soup, Tyson chicken
tenders

I am retired and at home during the day with my 2 sweet Yorkies, wonderful your spending time with your grandson. Your daughter is lucky you’re there for her with all the COVID 19 going around and prices for child care so high. There’s no love like grandma love

I’m going to see how long I can fast today would like to eat only my RM.

Talk soon
  #111   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-21, 09:15

Morning Jeep

Good for you! Like anything else, the fasting method requires practice.

Yep, I love spending time with the grandson. I wish it wasn't schooling though . Sometimes it really tests my patience....
I want to be the sweet Nana that feeds him cookies and gives hugs, but instead I have to be all - DID you get your MATH done YET!!!???

I'm having teriyaki pork tenderloin with sweet potatoes for RM today and possibly a chicken bacon swiss from arbys....
Have to do my recycling today as well. It really piles up.

TTYL
  #112   ^
Old Thu, Mar-25-21, 09:06

Hey there Jeep

My weight is back up today...I know I ate some bad stuff

Not sure why sometimes I lose my will power and just eat, eat, eat.

Anyways, today I will endeavor to not eat outside my RM and just drink water. Wish me luck!

TTYL
  #113   ^
Old Thu, Mar-25-21, 11:33

BF:

Hey mojo

I’m trying to stick to plan also today but I have a lot going on. Might have to start again tomorrow. Things happen to both of us but we can get right back to it.......Good Luck!!!

Enjoy the weather
  #114   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-21, 10:19

Hey Jeep

I'm back on plan and down two pounds at 229.

RM was at 3pm and we had breakfast dinner, bacon, eggs, toast, butter, fried potatoes, coffee, and a creampuff for dessert. I fasted for 23 hours. Nothing to eat outside of RM but water.

How is it going with you?

TTYL
  #115   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-21, 22:22

Hiya Jeep

RM was at 2:30pm and I had 2 beef enchiladas and a homemade creampuff. I did have a Mcdonalds SF vanilla iced coffee later in the day at around 6pm, so hopefully it won't throw me off my game. Nothing else to eat today. Just drinking water.

TTY soon
  #116   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-21, 04:30

BF:

Hey girl

Two pounds is awesome!! Damn your meals sound good! And your losing also, so proud of your fasting.....is it getting any easier?

I was soo off plan last weekend, just struggling with eating my carbs in the 1 hour window....but I’m back and had a good day yesterday.

I’m not even sure what my RM will be today but I know I’m having broccoli soup with it. Sometimes I plan a meal then it doesn’t sound good when it’s time to eat it.

Later
  #117   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-21, 13:07

Hey Jeep

Thanks girl! I'm maintaining my loss for now. I have to remain diligent for loss or maintenance, otherwise the weight piles right back on!

Do you have a cut-off time for eating? That has been very effective for me. Do you drink coffee? I don't count that as a meal and that helps keep the hunger at bay. Drink water - that also helps keep the hunger at bay. Hang in there!

TTYL
  #118   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-21, 05:23

BF:

Morning mojo

I do have a cut off time of 6pm and drink coffee in early morning only. I don’t consume any caffeine later than 10 or 11am.

Had broccoli soup and 4 fried eggs and 2 pieces of toast last night for my RM, it was sooo good!!

I’m down on my weight this week so I’m happy about that but I’m thinking with Easter coming on Sunday that will bring it back up lol
We usually over eat on holidays my son brings the dessert and it’s always so decadent

Having DH bring home a sub and chips for RM tonight yum, something about eating subs from a sub shop they just taste better.

Talk soon
  #119   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-21, 18:01

Hey Jeep

So happy you've had some loss this week! Keep it up girl!

I'm bad at keeping my caffeine limited in the afternoon, but I should, because I struggle to fall asleep most nights. I'm still fasting (except for coffee) most days for 23 hours.

I'm with you on the sub shops. They do taste better when someone else makes it!

Weight has stayed the same. RM today was Arbys Chicken Bacon Swiss Sandwich (1/2 bun) *hooked on these*
and beef enchilada with tangerine and sweet potato.

TTYL
  #120   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-21, 03:59

BF:

Hi mojo......

Up a pound today but I’m pretty sure it’s from eating way to many salt & vinegar chips last night. Man they are addictive, I think the salt is what made my weight go up. The sub was really good I added avocado to it yum

Going to try OMAD today...that’s right you heard it here...today...because our very own mojolissa has inspired me!!!
Now, it is 5:45 in the morning mind you and I’m having my black coffee so it sounds doable right now, we shall see

Having broccoli soup and a cheeseburger with chicken wings for my RM tonight.

Later