Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#136   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-21, 19:59

Plan: DDF, Fung
Stats: 247/209/199 Female 66.5"
BF:kickin it
Progress: 79%

Hey Jeep

The reason I eat at 2pm or 3pm was this from Dr Fung, which helps explain why eating earlier helps with weight loss. My BIL tried not eating anything past noon, and was extremely successful.

https://thefastingmethod.com/circad...hms-fasting-19/

I've tried eating at dinnertime, but it just isn't as effective. As you said, it was harder to wait all day to eat, and when I eat later, I'm hungrier for some reason. Give it a try and see if it works for you.

As far as calories go, it varies, but I'm noting that if I keep calories around 1200 to 1300, my weight loss is more consistent. I hope this helps. We are all our own unique snowflakes, right?

TTYL
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Sat, Apr-10-21, 06:03

Plan: CAD
Stats: 220/217/180 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 8%

Mojo

Thank you soooooo much I just got done reading the article and it was so interesting and true. We always laugh because around 7:30 I say I’m hungry....every night never fails. He makes comment that it’s the same time every night. By the time I go to bed I’m fine and forget about it.....unless I don’t eat enough calories then it follows me to bed.

Interesting about your BIL....that would be hard to do but I tell ya if it works than it’s worth it. I’m so tired of being overweight!!

I will try this again maybe eating earlier I will be able to stay with it...I think I’ll go with 3 pm and see if that works I hope that’s early enough. Dr. Fung says noon to 3 but I will be 3-4. If it doesn’t then I will switch to 2-3 what you think?

Not going to count calories at first, I want to get used to the OMAD then I will work on tracking....I have only tracked sporadically in my life and find it very difficult to get calorie counts on meat lol if I put in before cooking it’s always different than after it’s cooked....but it does give me a general idea.

OMG I wish I could just stick to something....I’m always bouncing around. I love CAD but I just don’t lose on it with the RM plus the CM...I do maintain well with the plan but I first have to lose the damn weight

Unique snowflake’s 🤔🤔 I LIKE IT!!!

Enjoy your weekend girl
  #138   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-21, 19:48

Hey Jeep

So, ummm, I've had a set back. Let me be a horrible warning! Like I said before, not to eat late at night. As soon as I did, I could not stop eating! Gained back 4 lbs and now back to 229.

Back to start it seems :
So pissed at myself, because I was doing so well

I hope you tried time restriction and eating earlier in the day. I hope you have lots of success!

TTYL
  #139   ^
Old Tue, Apr-13-21, 04:13

BF:

Hey you.....

Totally sucks that you gained 4 pounds but I’m sure that most of those will be gone today!! It’s just going to be water weight there’s no way you gained 4 pounds

As a wise person once told me set backs happen to everyone and you are very dedicated to your WOE

Yesterday I did the OMAD (RM) 3:30-4:30 I had a large salad w/ tomato, onion & avocado and broccoli soup, chuck roast, pasta salad w/ crab & Swiss cheese.

Talk soon
  #140   ^
Old Tue, Apr-13-21, 06:49

Thanks Jeep

I'm happy to report that I dropped 2 lbs, so I'm back to 227. Lesson learned. Removing ice-cream and peanut butter from the RM for now.

You're trying the earlier meal? Yay! How did your hubby do with that? How did you do? Did the scales drop at all? Give me all the deets...

Today I'm sticking with the meal I know will help drop the scales -( or it used to) 2 Arbys chicken bacon swiss sandwiches (1/2 bun). Gonna add weight lifting today as well.

Talk soon
  #141   ^
Old Tue, Apr-13-21, 07:33

BF:

Hi mojo

That’s great news!! Tomorrow you’ll drop another 2 with the Arbys chicken bacon Swiss..... which I have never had but they sound good. Do you put 1/2 bun in Cronometer not sure if it lets you do that, you know I’m not good at tracking.

I am trying the OMAD earlier meal and DH gets home at 3pm but never likes to eat that early because he eats lunch at noon and I do understand. However.....I thought of you and your hubby and I told him I’m hungry and I’m eating you can eat with me or I’ll fix your meal later and I’ll sit with you while you eat lol he decided to just eat with me so I’m not sure how this will work out daily but one day at a time.

It was easier to eat earlier than at 5, I’m probably going to eat at different times depending on my hunger and my husband

I’m weighing in on Friday’s and it’s not easy to not jump on the scale every morning but the ups and downs are just to much for me. I really need to see the scale go down and I think this will help me.

Good for the weight lifting Are you going to use the weight bench in the basement? I have free weights but not using them right now. I need to get into a routine.

Later
  #142   ^
Old Wed, Apr-14-21, 09:52

Hiya Jeep

YAY! Back down to 225, you were right! I do weigh everyday, even though it depresses me when it goes up, I know which meals help me lose and which ones don't. I guess I'm more of an instant gratification kinda gal.

That's funny about ur hubby , good on you for eating earlier.
He would rather eat with you and he can always have a snack later on. Does he have any weight to lose?

Yeah, my weight machine in the basement. My arm muscles are sore today though.

Can't wait to hear if you lost weight on Friday!
TTYL

Last edited by mojolissa : Wed, Apr-14-21 at 18:03.
  #143   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-21, 04:58

BF:

Morning mojo

Down 2 pounds for the week! I just hope it stays down now
I stayed OMAD for 4 days this week Monday-Thursday and it was really hard I was hungry all the time except after I ate. I had a hard time sleeping but that’s typical for me. I loved how good my food taste and that I didn’t have to count anything.

Probably going to eat 2 meals today I’m already hungry this morning

Talk soon
  #144   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-21, 07:36

Morning Jeep

Wow! Success! That is great news!
It should come easier though. Maybe there are foods that are triggering your hunger. I also had another set back. I have to take lasagna off my list for now. This list is getting longer of the foods that are either triggers or making me too hungry.

Maybe you should try the 2MAD, and see if it works for you. I had a harder time with it, because I like large meals, but you like the smaller meals. Have you been tracking at all?

Congrats on the 2 pounds down! That must feel good!

TTYL
  #145   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-21, 05:22

BF:

Morning mojo....

You will bounce right back to OMAD and any weight gain will be gone soon

I’m going to just roll with what I can do on a daily basis, not going to force myself. That just backfires for me, I do love fasting and might try EOD.

Got my 2nd Moderna vaccine on Saturday and mostly sat around on Sunday and watched my husband sleep all day long! I didn’t have any side effects except watching him sleep and I pretty much ate all day I was so bored.

I don’t track calories and I probably should, I have tracked sporadically on Cronometer....but it doesn’t last long. I have tracked carbs but that is so much easier than calories.

RM will be 2 cheeseburgers with avocado and some checkers fries maybe broccoli soup also.

Later
  #146   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-21, 10:42

Hiya Jeep

Yes, I try to log everything I eat on cronometer, so that I know what causes weight gain. Cronometer does all the break downs of protein, carbs, fat and calories. Makes it easier that they also have fast food items on there. I do love me some fast food

It is nice to OMAD, because I don't like to cook. Hubby gets his own breakfast and lunch. Usually boiled egg and apple for breakfast and sandwich of some kind with chips for lunch & cookie (if we have any). So that means I can do one meal for the both of us for dinner or (sometimes the kids eat with us).

You eat a lot of broccoli soup girl! Do you make it yourself?
When you say checkers fries- are they a fast food chain?

Glad you're fully vaccinated now. We didn't have any troubles either. Do you like to travel? We love to travel, but haven't in a few years, because we bought a fixer-upper cottage on a lake that took alot of time and money! But it is now almost done, so we can just go and enjoy it

TTY soon
  #147   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-21, 06:38

BF:

Morning girl

Haha yes I like me some broccoli soup! I do make it myself and it’s very simple but as the weather gets warmer I don’t eat it as much. Checkers is a restaurant and they sell there fries in the store and they are the best fries. They season them with pepper and other seasoning....if you see them in store try them.

A cottage on the lake wow that sounds fun just be careful of sipping all those fancy cocktails while sitting in your Adirondack chairs on the lake

I did OMAD yesterday and today I will do 2MAD probably around 1 I’m hoping this EOD schedule will work for me.

We are supposed to get snow tonight 3 or more inches I can’t believe it....crazy weather

Later
  #148   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-21, 10:00

Hey there Jeep

Well I'm at 226 today. Not too bad. I had beef stroganoff for my RM yesterday with a 1/2 cookie for dessert. Got very hungry last night, so I had 2 boiled eggs and it didn't seem to make a difference on the scale. So that could be my CM, if I get very hungry I'll be a 2MAD. I always have boiled eggs for hubby in the fridge. He has them every morning.

Oh I love to have cocktails at the lake. Unfortunately, it always bumps up the scales. We will be going this weekend to open it up, but it will be cold....snow is in the forecast this week for us too. I think by the weekend it will be back to the 50s though. We have a wood stove, so we will definitely be using that.

Today I will be doing the old stand by. My Arbys sandwiches. Haven't seen checkers fries in the store. I will look for them next time.

Making your own soups? I'm impressed and you said you don't cook.

Talk soon
  #149   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-21, 10:26

Hey Jeep

So I'm back to 225. Slow but steady. During the last 2 months I've lost 7 pounds.

I'm going to attempt a hot spinach dip today. I've been craving it and have all ingredients now.
It's been years since I've had it. Yummy!

I couldn't find any pumpernickel bread to serve it in, but I have some small dipping bread to use instead. The store said they don't carry it, except during the holidays.

Watching alot of mysteries lately. Vera, New Tricks, Poirot, Murdoch, etc.... I like watching British TV because the actors aren't all glamorous and perfect. They just look like regular folks.

I hope all is well with you and yours.
Talk soon
  #150   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-21, 04:59

BF:

Morning mojo

That’s great 7 pounds that’s not easy to do especially eating what we want.. ...hot spinach dip wow so your cooking to...have I inspired you with my broccoli soup hahaha

Tomorrow is weigh in day for me so we will see, I’m hoping for a least a pound a week!

Mysteries, interesting I’ve never heard of those and don’t know if I get British TV but I like regular folks....I watch those Peloton adds and everyone is so in shape and gorgeous.....I’m watching a lot of football shows because the draft is a week from today and I can’t wait to see who my Bills pick at 30

I only did OMAD one day this week but I have been eating in a window and feel pretty good with it

RM today will be a breakfast meal toast, eggs, bacon, hash browns....I love breakfast meals although I’ve found myself craving fast food for some strange reason

Talk soon