Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jun-16-06, 08:45
Registered Member

Plan: semi-lowcarb
Stats: 242/199/170 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 60%
Default From jackrabbit to turtle....

My weight loss started out really fast - I lost 55 lbs in about 3 1/2 months.
Then all of a sudden - screeching halt. I was stuck at 205 for 4 weeks, then got my TOM and was down 3 when it was over, now stuck at 202 for 3 weeks.

This is probably normal but I got really spoiled before when the weight was just falling off me, and not seeing much progress for weeks at a time now is discouraging.

I think I'm doing everything right - water, little or no sugar alcohols, exercise (10 times a week - 7 x aerobics, 3 x weights, plus as much extra stairs and small walks as I can cram in), etc.
One thing I'm eliminating is Splenda in my AM decaff. I may have to eliminate the decaff too (which will royally piss me off) as the weight loss slowed when I added that, but since I added the Splenda with it I'm not sure which it could be.

Inches are pretty static too - hard to tell with the TOM bloating involved, but I don't seem a lot of movement there either.

What's most aggravating is that I'm SO close to being under 200, for the first time in 10 years, and being stuck at just over it is maddening. Plus I get a new pair of motorcycle boots once I crack the 200 mark and I want those boots!!

LQ
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jun-16-06, 12:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156/146.8/139 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

It's normal to have short stalls along the way. I KNOW that's not what you want to hear.

Patience will pay off here.

You are doing all the right things. Your body just has to figure out that you are serious and then it will cooperate better.

All the best, Julie
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-07-06, 21:19

Plan: general leaning toward Sb
Stats: 336/196/150 Female 5'4"
BF:gettin/down/there
Progress: 75%

You may have reached a set point. That is where your body spent a lot of time on the way up and now it wants to stay there on the way down. May a few days of induction eating will help you bust through.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jul-09-06, 19:16

Plan: Food Addicts in Recovery
Stats: 234/185/160 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 66%

I'm having exactly the same experience. It's been now 4mos. since I've lost anything. I'm suspicious of Splenda, but would find it very hard to give up.
I've upped my exercise and will see what happens. Are you on any meds? My MD said it might be Paxis or Actos.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Oct-10-06, 11:46
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's+Fruit
Stats: 263/256/199 Male 73 inches
BF:
Progress: 11%

See below that you posted June 16. You were stuck at 202 at the time. Now it is 16 weeks later and your meter is showing that you last clocked in at 185 pounds! CONGRATULATIONS! That is 18 pounds in 16 weeks, VERY respectable and shows that you are sticking with it. WAY TO GO!!

"My weight loss started out really fast - I lost 55 lbs in about 3 1/2 months.
Then all of a sudden - screeching halt. I was stuck at 205 for 4 weeks, then got my TOM and was down 3 when it was over, now stuck at 202 for 3 weeks.

This is probably normal but I got really spoiled before when the weight was just falling off me, and not seeing much progress for weeks at a time now is discouraging."
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Oct-27-06, 10:03

Plan: atkins
Stats: 272/240/140 Female 5 foot 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%

I've been on induction for almost 8 days, and i am stuck at the same weight--THE EXACT SAME WEIGHT--it hasn't moved a milimeter on the scale. This is my second time doing atkins. The first time, I lost about 15 pounds in two weeks. I gained alot of the weight back, and now I'm having now sucess at all. What's going on?! I do know that I don't drink enough water. I've never been much of a drinker of anything. I might drink a glass a day. I know I need to drink lots more for my general health (and I've started today), but is it what's casuing me to be at this stand still? My ketone sticks are pourple, and have been for days...but nothing...
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Feb-13-07, 19:55
Registered Member

Plan: atkins/keckwick
Stats: 282/248/210 Male 73
BF:%/34%/25%
Progress: 47%

I alternate keckwick which is 1000 cals of 75% or greater fat a day in with atkins a couple days a week, it might keep your body guessing like it does mine. also, if you are lifting you could be adding muscle, which is a good thing. Stick with it you're doing great.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Feb-13-07, 19:55
Registered Member

Plan: atkins/keckwick
Stats: 282/248/210 Male 73
BF:%/34%/25%
Progress: 47%

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUNIKE
I've been on induction for almost 8 days, and i am stuck at the same weight--THE EXACT SAME WEIGHT--it hasn't moved a milimeter on the scale. This is my second time doing atkins. The first time, I lost about 15 pounds in two weeks. I gained alot of the weight back, and now I'm having now sucess at all. What's going on?! I do know that I don't drink enough water. I've never been much of a drinker of anything. I might drink a glass a day. I know I need to drink lots more for my general health (and I've started today), but is it what's casuing me to be at this stand still? My ketone sticks are pourple, and have been for days...but nothing...

Water is a must on this diet, get to drinking!!!!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Feb-14-07, 00:56
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

I was stuck at 220 (on my old scale) for the longest time! I tried all kinds of "tricks," with no results. Thinking about it recently, I remembered that my weight stayed between 200 and 220 for quite a few years while I was gaining weight.

I finally got down to 211 on my old scale, but my new scale put 6 of them right back on me!

I got tired of it all and began counting calories again. (Based on what I read in my Atkins book, I'm highly metabolically resistant.) Anyway, I've lost a couple of pounds since the first of this month, so at least something positive seems to be happening again. I don't know how long it will last, though. I can only hope.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Mar-09-07, 23:32
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%
Unhappy I have become utterly desperate!

So desperate, in fact, that I started on the Fat Fast yesterday. If this doesn't work, then lord knows what will. I'm hungry all the time, but I think I can tolerate it for 3 more days, today being almost over. I even bought some ketostix, and they show that I'm definitely in ketosis. But I wonder if they're just registering the dietary fat I'm eating.

I'm sure I'll lose some weight, eating only 1000 calories/day. The question is, will it stay off when I progress to the Modified Fat Fast.

I can only wait and see.