Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-13-06, 06:46
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach Phase 1
Stats: 165/145/140 Female 5 ft 10 in
BF:
Progress: 80%
Default Any tall people out there?

I am 5'10 and want to lose the little flubby weight around my hips. I do eat a small amount of cheese, and I have processed meat now and then. I have lost 7 lbs (I am at the end of the 4th week). I want to lose 10-15 more pounds to bring me down to around 145. What should I expect and how strict should I be with my diet?
I eat

4 egg whites + 1/4 yolk + 1 carb of cheese in the morning,
1 T heavy cream in my coffee
4 ounces chicken w/ 1 T mayo, or 1 can tuna w/ 1 T mayo or 4 ounces deli turkey meat (2 carbs) for lunch
snack on a couple of hard boiled eggs or pepperoni
dinner is as much meat as I want w/ a small salad with low carb dressing
usually another T of cream in coffee for a snack or a Diet 7up

I have 2-3 drinks on Fri and Sat night which are vodka + crystal light or diet seven up, and on the weekends I may eat more than above, but just more meat and cheese...

Do I need to be even more strict? I miss my veggies!

Thanks for your help!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-24-06, 08:33

Plan: atkins
Stats: 208/208/180 Female 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Yes I am tall too, 6' 1" so I thought I would respond. Although I am just getting started whereas you are probably getting done! Just thought I'd say Hi.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-29-06, 20:14
Registered Member

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 96%

I'm 5'7". Does that count? My goal is 142, though ideally I'd be 135.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jun-09-06, 09:15

Plan: Control Carb-own program
Stats: 188/163/125 Female 5ft  3.5 inches
BF:?
Progress: 40%

I'm not tall, just measure in at 5ft 3.5inches, most of my kids are tall though. Judy
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-13-06, 13:16

Plan: Kimkins Bootcamp
Stats: 185/145.2/140 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 88%

I am almost the same stats as you. I am 5'10" and currently weigh 165 and would love to get to 150. I workout alot and have a muscular build.

I find it very hard to lose weight, sometimes I think it will never go.

Good Luck,

SBC
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jun-13-06, 13:38
Registered Member

Plan: semi-lowcarb
Stats: 242/199/170 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 60%

I'm 5'10", currently still over 200 (but getting close to crossing that Rubicon).

Sorry, I can't help you lose the last few pounds as I'm still working on my first pile of them .

One thing I have heard is that calories count more the closer you get to your goal weight. Maybe add up the cals in what you're eating and see if it matches a slight deficit to what you're probably using per day?

I've never been under 170 as an adult. I think I was 160 back in high school and thought I was fat, ugh. If I knew then what I know now....

I'd like to be 150 but am aiming for 170 right now and then may readjust depending on what size I am and how squishy I still am.

LQ

Last edited by LizardQuee : Tue, Jun-13-06 at 13:44.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jun-14-06, 06:08

Plan: Kimkins Bootcamp
Stats: 185/145.2/140 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 88%

It can be so frustrating. I lost the bulk of my weight doing Weight Watchers all last year and I have kept it off. Then my weight starting going up and down, over and over again. So I decided to shock my body with a totally different way of eating.

I hope it works. I have lost 5 lbs. in 2 weeks and holding. So I know this last bit will be hard. Thanks for the tip on counting calories, maybe I need to be doing that more now.

Good Luck to you! It is nice being tall. We can spread the weight out and look much less of a weight then we really are. Most people think I weigh 130, I have a thin build. But I have alot of muscle and they are shocked when I tell them how much I weigh.

Try not to go by the scale too much, go by the inches lost. We are tall and it can be deceiving!

Take Care,

SBC
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jun-14-06, 06:27
Butter is Better!

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 234/220.4/160 Female 5"8.5"
BF:its back again!
Progress: 18%

I am 5'8" I am going to try for 150, but I will see how I look and feel on the way,my son is 6'8".
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jun-14-06, 16:36
Registered Member

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 96%
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtbichic
Good Luck to you! It is nice being tall. We can spread the weight out and look much less of a weight then we really are. Most people think I weigh 130, I have a thin build. But I have alot of muscle and they are shocked when I tell them how much I weigh.

I'm "only" 5'7" so not sure I should be here, but no one thought I looked 200 pounds when I was. I carried it well because of my height and that I gained all over instead of just my hips.

Low-carb is a great way of life! It put me in control of my sweets and starch cravings for the first time ever.