Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-02, 19:30

Plan: CAD + South Beach Diet
Stats: 230/177/160
BF:
Progress: 76%
Default 12.30.02-01.05.03

hey guys did we forget.

today was ok.......But you know, i could do better with balancing and staying away from desserts or anything made with flour.

It's so hard to say no to the corn muffins. I had great results having chocolates and cereal bars for dessert then weight loss stoped cause i started having pastries and cakes.

Well here goes : No cakes and pastries for the next 5 days.

anybody want to join?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-02, 22:04
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 189/184/160
BF:
Progress: 17%
Thumbs up

I'm going full force this time. I'll be on the plan for a few days and wham! a party or friends over or something. I ate good today and did not have any coffee this morning. I think the splenda was causing some cravings. I saved my coffee to have with my RM meal and it worked out fine. I actually didn't have too many sweets with RM either. I was inspired by nawchem and the only one brownie thing. Makes sense to me. I hope everyone is doing well and had a great Christmas. Good luck!!!

Amy
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Dec-31-02, 01:19
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

I feel like I have a split personality this week. I'm doing induction for two weeks, I tried last week but there were just a few too many treats going in my mouth.

I've made it 3 days and feel a lot stronger now. I 'm trying an experiment taking a cortisol blocker. Supposedly too much cortisol can be produced from exercise and will cause cravings and your body will hold onto its fat. I've been taking it since Saturday and staying on plan since then. I'm taking it 3x a day for a month and then 1x a day from then on- if I think it did any good.

I am so looking forward to my next RM.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Dec-31-02, 07:09

Plan: Atkins, CAD, Atkins
Stats: 160/136.5/125
BF:
Progress: 67%

Oh! I'm so glad you guys are continuing this!! I have been really hitting highs and lows since Christmas. I went all the way to 140.. that's completely unacceptable to me! So yesterday I decided to buckle down and get serious about monitoring the way I manage my RMs. I pretend I'm doing them right, but I'm actually going over time (slightly, but still over) and completely carbing out on most of them. Anyhow, last night I was so good with it that I'm feeling much better emotionally. The 1.5 reduction in weight, water or not, was even more encouragement this morning.

How is everyone going to handle this evening? I was thinking about skipping my lunch since I ate an LC but rather large breakfast.. double egg omlette with cheese and mushrooms. If I do that I can count my New Years dinner as my RM.. and then have a CM late, like at 11 with the late night cheese snacks and a flavored soda water. Do you think this will be okay? And the champagne.. oh geez.. that is NOT low carb and NOT allowed on CM. I hate to keep doing this "Just this time" thing because there are always "occasions" popping up, but this may actually just have to be one of those times. Please let me know how y'all are approaching this, even if you are skipping the plan for the night.

Joanie
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Dec-31-02, 07:16

BF:

Oh.. I forgot, lowco, to mention to you that occasionally, especially when I have chili or something at the RM, I use Atkins corn muffins. I know they have some hidden carbs, but they're still a heck of a lot lower than a regular corn muffin, and use less corn (which is very high on the glycemic index). You might give 'em a try if regular corn bread is something you tend to go overboard with. I find the Atkins box mixes (NOT THE BAKE MIX - YECH) to be pretty good.

Joanie
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Dec-31-02, 11:15

Plan: CALP
Stats: 149/142.5/100 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 13%

lowco, I stopped the grains completely and found that the arthritis like pains went away. It took about 10 days for the cravings to go away (if I remember right.)

My weight is down maybe another half pound today. I've cut my food intake down and am seeing some results, finally. I'm not hungry, either.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Dec-31-02, 13:57

Stats: 244/226.5/140
BF:

Joanie,

I'm not sure how I'm gonna handle tonight, but this is what I've gotten so far....

I've lost about 6.5 pounds just this week (gained 5 from Xmas and unplanned trip) so I kind of feel like I don't want to ruin the streak.

I was thinking maybe I'll just eat a big CM in a few hours (hunger's not a problem, it seems to have vanished altogether other than once or twice in the early mornings) than a light CM for dinner (we don't have dinners, we snack from 8pm-1am). And then pick an hour the snacking seems to be at high and have my RM then. That way people will see me eat and won't call me a party pooper

Good luck everyone!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Dec-31-02, 17:44

Plan: No more
Stats: 168/177/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: -39%

My New Year's Eve is easy! It's not a big deal in my household. My mother-in-law has to work tomorrow, so there are no get togethers to deal with and it's the last day of deer season here so hubby wants to get out early and hunt. So, we won't even be up to welcome in the New Year. I just had my usual RM at lunch and CM tonight. Tomorrow I'm fixing a turkey along with the traditional southern black eyed peas and greens, so that's no problem, either. If I feel like it, I'll have some wine, but I'm fortunate in that alcohol is something I can do without just fine.

I do feel bloated and have for the past 2 or 3 days so I wish it would just get over with already! Other than that, it's life as usual again.

I hope everyone has a great New Year. Good luck with the celebrations and just do your best.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Dec-31-02, 21:43

Plan: CAD + South Beach Diet
Stats: 230/177/160
BF:
Progress: 76%
Default challenge

hi,

today was good. I followed the rules...no balancing though. Isn't it amazing, i am slightly hungry 9 hours after rm!!!! 9 hours!!! I am very hungry before rm , cause i hardly eat breakfast or i eat a small breakfast. That might be the reason why i can't balance cause i am toooooo hungry to even think of balancing.

i am going to put off the no flour/sugar challenge till monday. I am making pizza and cake tomorrow, It's imposible not to eat some. Tom is due next week , the scale is up 3-4 pounds, i have not weighed in a while so i am not to sure about that. That is a big plus for me, not weighing, could it be that i am trusting cad? I hop on the scale 4 times a day.

I am planing on having my rm at 3-4 pm. I'll be home all day, cleaning and doing laundry. That's my excercise for tomorrow.

later
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-03, 10:52

Plan: CALP
Stats: 149/142.5/100 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default May I whine?

We got ourselves a treat for finishing the first 21 days of the Body Change. Its a set of Tanita Scales. On our old scales I weighed 127 this morning! A 2 pound loss from yesterday. On the new ones I weighed 131. I know it's just numbers, but I really want the lower one, not the new most likely more accurate one. So I start the new year heavier than I thought I was.

Last edited by BASpider : Wed, Jan-01-03 at 11:04.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-03, 12:31
Registered Member

Plan: lc
Stats: 130/128/110 Female 5'1"
BF:33%
Progress: 10%

Toasted the new year with the last of the chocolate ornaments.

January 1st! Fresh Start! Firm commitment to the CAD plan... because it works!
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-03, 18:37

Plan: No more
Stats: 168/177/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: -39%

My day has been quiet, but good. Meals have been easy and uncomplicated and I haven't had cravings or hunger.

It's warm here today(60's)so I did a lot of walking(3 miles total)and took down Christmas decorations and got the tree out of the house so now things can get back to "normal". We did a little shopping and got some Christmas decorations for 75% off and then bought the "XXX" DVD(we saw it in the theatre and loved it)and watched that this afternoon.

It's back to work tomorrow, but I've sure enjoyed the calmness of today!
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-03, 19:08
Registered Member

Stats: 189/184/160
BF:
Smile Off to a great start(again)

Hi there everyone. Hope everything is going good . I must say, this is my third day back on track and it has been a breeze. I think what had changed is the coffee thing in the morning.(really the splenda) My meals are balanced without trying and the sweets are so under control.(unlike the first time) My hunger seems to be gone, unlike the last time I was still having some cravings after 2 weeks. I did weigh myself today. I gained back all the weight I had lost(4-5 lbs.) I do think I probably was up a little higher since this is my third day. I feel lighter today and I can see my waist line again. . I feel sooo motivated!! Where's Richard Simmons??? He would be so proud. Have a great evening and let's just go for it.
Food for the day:
B: 2 eggs and slice of ham
L/snack: 2 slices of roast beef with baby swiss rolled in two small pickles.
D:RM; Pork roast, saurkraut, mashed pot, and blackeyed peas with cream and bacon. Coffee with cream and sugar, 5-6 hershey kisses.

Amy
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 07:48

BF:

I'm feeling totally discouraged. I was SO good yesterday.. had nothing carby all day and then ate a reasonable, and balanced dinner. I awakened 2.5 pounds heavier!!! I nearly cried. WHY do I keep flying up and down on this plan??? If I thought I could stick to it (or it would do some good, for that matter) I'd go back to Atkins. I've been CADding for two months now and have gained weight. Now I admit, I have not been balancing the RM portion much of the time, but I haven't gone over time very often and I haven't been binging wildly on high carb or high fat food. I eat what everyone else in my household eats for dinner, only less, and I eat low carb, light meals for CM while they eat huge carbby breakfasts and snack on corn chips and cookies all day. I gain, they stay skinny. WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE.. IT"S NOT FAIR!!! WHINE WHINE WHINE...

Okay, now I've done the whiney complainy thing. Time to pay more attention to salads at RM and more balanced portions. sigh... back to work and hopefully to more resolve.

Joanie
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 08:05

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Default good morning.......

Quote:
. On our old scales I weighed 127 this morning! A 2 pound loss from yesterday. On the new ones I weighed 131. I know it's just numbers, but I really want the lower one, not the new most likely more accurate one. So I start the new year heavier than I thought I was.

You silly girl you....... don'tcha realize that you weigh EXACTLY the same on both scales? You are not gaining two pounds just by stepping on the new scale. You still have lost 2 pounds from yesterday.

Anyway..... I think you are doing a marvelous job....and it's nice to see you again Spider!

Happy New Year
Libby