Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Best Of
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 12:56

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 20/08/00 Female 5'10"
BF:not/low/enough
Progress: 60%
Smile

Michelle... your words mean a lot. I think it really helps to have someone who's been there... and trust me, I have. I have never posted to this board, but I've posted to another in the past. I would get back the best ideas. Things that I hadn't thought of or hadn't remembered. The internet is so very wonderful in that way!!

I loved your idea of the jar. I think I will do that too!!!

Teri: I wanted to thank you. Your links are fabulous. You've taken me to places on the net that I hadn't found yet and the information is just awesome!!

I, too, am finding that I joke negatively about myself. Sometimes even when I don't believe it. Do you think we do that because we are seeking that positive affirming remark from those around us? I know I do with my husband and he gives me compliments all the time anyway. Regardless, I am glad to be catching myself. Maybe when I catch myself next, I can focus on giving someone else positive feedback instead at that moment. ???
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 14:14
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Shelley......... did you know we have the same birthday???
  #123   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 15:16
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/130/115
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default too negative

I actually own the book u recommended. A friend recommended me it. I'm just tooo negative to believe it. I just need to be reassured that it actually does work for real people...like you and me.

I'm going to go reread the book.

thanks bunches.

I want to get re-connected with God, can u help?
  #124   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 15:17
Registered Member

BF:

The last message I just wrote is for Terri

sorry!
  #125   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 15:23
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by TeriDoodle
The visualization GURU of our time is the author, Shakti Gawain and her book Creative Visualization was a national bestseller. I buy all my books on half.com because they're just too cheap to resist. Here's a link for this particular book: Creative Visualization

Here's another link, The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale. I've never read it myself, but it was a humongous bestseller also...probably a bit more "mainstream" than Gawain's book.

If you want to get really deep in the matter, there's an entire branch of metaphysics/spirituality that deals with the idea that we create our reality with our thoughts.... that we are co-creators of our universal experience....a gift, so to speak, given to us by God. Now, if you want references on that subject, LOL, I can give you a list as long as your arm! But the idea is that the Universe is made up of nothing but energy.....and the underlying physical principle is that negative attracts negative and positive attracts positive. So that, you see, having negative thought only attracts negative experiences....until you learn that it is only by thinking at a higher energy frequency (positve = Love) will positive experiences manifest themselves.

You create your reality.

You create it with the energy of your thoughts.

If your thoughts are negative, that is the level at which your reality will resonate....and vice versa.

Does that help?
  #126   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 15:23
Starting Over!

Piggy..........I'd love to try! I'll PM you with my email address, and we'll go from there, OK?

Ooops.... I just tried and you're not able to receive them yet. My email address is terridoodle~aol.com (note there are 2 R's).... why tell me a little about your spiritual life up to this point and we'll get a nice discussion going!
  #127   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 15:24
Registered Member

BF:

Teri, what do u mean by Micheal Vincent's Book being more mainstream?
  #128   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 15:26
Registered Member

BF:
Talking

I'm new what do u mean by "pm"?

and and how do I quote things...

Sorry!
  #129   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 15:32
Starting Over!

Well, I suppose I mean that it's written in a style such that the average joe can relate to it in a real way and use the principles regardless of the spiritual or metaphysical beliefs behind them... he probably supports his ideas with psychology rather than metaphysics. Keep in mind that I haven't read it, I'm just guessing. Gawain's book (as I recall) is written from a metaphysical perspective, which may require a deeper understanding of those principles to fully appreciate her message.

Does that make sense?
  #130   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 15:46
Registered Member

BF:
Default Thanks

Terri,
I just sent you an e-mail.

Thanks,
again
  #131   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 15:56
Starting Over!

Ok, I'll retreive it when I get home tonight! Have a great evening!
  #132   ^
Old Sat, Nov-16-02, 13:18

Smile

Wow, Terri, very cool on the birthday thing.
  #133   ^
Old Tue, Nov-19-02, 14:28

Smile

Where is everyone?? Out meditating?? This thread was being threatened of falling off the page.

I am drining my green tea and telling myself that I will not get this cold that is going around and threatening me now. I am healthy and cold resistant!!
  #134   ^
Old Tue, Nov-19-02, 14:40

Plan: atkins
Stats: 168/158/148 Female 5'4"
BF:no clue!
Progress: 50%
Default hi

guess everyone is busy out there.

this positive visualization thing is cool. saturday i had the opposite. my dh said a "negative" comment about my job situation, and all day long i fought that off. and i had an awful day. i did talk to him later about it, and of course i "over" interpreted what he said. oh well.......

today i am making healthy choices for my body! and i feel great!

hang in there!
  #135   ^
Old Tue, Nov-19-02, 14:43

Stats: 234/245/145 Female 5'7"
BF:99%I'm pretty sure
Progress: -12%

Cre8tivgrl- I think that I have been waiting for "something" to happen. I've been doing my affirmations, and I've really been trying to picture sculpting out myself in my mind as well. But it's so hard to remember, it's not in my nature to think so positively all the time.

PMS is upon me and I had that "black cloud" over my head. I felt like a nasty wicked person with some of the things I ended up thinking about a certain person. (That person being someone who represents a bathroom supply company that was going to replace our tub- ended up he's a weeny and kept passing it to other people and then just decided he doesnt want to help - just hinder!) So, that whole thing combined with PMS sent me into a tizzy. I felt MAD all morning. I had to get out of the house and take a drive to kind of work myself out of that feeling.

Realizing recently, that when things are so far out of my control and I'm struggling to get them into the realm of what I see as acceptable, it's just my weak point. (am I making sense?), and when I get hormonal like this, I feel so out of control. There is now another man that is suppose to help with this situation and I'm afraid to call him because I fear I will get so frustrated I will cry and look like a blubbering idiot. Anyone else have this problem ever?