Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-06-02, 22:11

Plan: low glycemic
Stats: // Female jkl
BF:
Progress: 69%
Default AM cardio challenge - Jump in!

Ok, anyone looking for that last bit of motivation to start exercising or start AM cardio??

I just had a challenge laid on me, and I know I'll do better if I can recruit some of you to join in.

Set your own goal, and let's be our own cheerleading squad.

Here's mine:

Start with 20 mins of AM cardio, Monday thru Friday, adding 10 mins each week until August 14.

Cheers!

Friday
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-07-02, 10:34
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

You're on!

I started BFL recently, so that's cardio every other day. So far I haven't missed a session. My rule: no computer until I've done my workout.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jul-07-02, 11:08

BF:

Woo Hoo! I'm gearing up for Monday. Need to lay out my stuff, decide if it's going to be video or walking, find my watch, etc.

I don't have any trouble getting my weight training in, but the cardio has always been hard.

See you Monday morning.

Cheers!

Friday
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jul-07-02, 11:32
Contributing Member

Plan: lowcarb .
Stats: 160/141/127 Female 5'6"
BF:it"s for SALE!
Progress: 58%

Would my tae-bow count? Maybe if I have to answer to the board I will feel more obligated.

I would love to join!

cin

I vow to do exercsie...hopefully Tae-bow every mornign mon-friday for either the length of the tape or 45 minutes!!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jul-07-02, 12:41

BF:

Cind, welcome aboard!

Tae bo looks fun! I've always thought that if I'm going to do that, I should just go back to my reg martial arts classes. Right now, belly dancing is occupying that bit of time. Maybe in a few months. LOL, yeah, maybe we'll hit the lotto and I can become a lady of leisure. Then I can do weights, bellydancing, salsa and aikido. I'm there! Now where's my ticket...?

Cheers,

Friday
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jul-07-02, 14:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/205/145 Female 5' 9-1/2"
BF:
Progress: 37%
Cool

I started doing AM cardio a couple of weeks ago and I love it! I do 30 minutes with tapes by (don't laugh) Richard Simmons Ok, go ahead and laugh, all I know is it's a really good workout to music and I actually do it, which is the most important part.

Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays I work out with weights on the gym later in the day, so that's all the cardio I do those days. On Thursdays and Fridays I also ride a stationary bike for 15 minutes, then do my stomach exercises (Callanetics and the best I've every tried).

I do have to finish my cardio before I can have breakfast, although I do have a cup of espresso before exercising. My goal is to ride the bike on M-W-F as well, and increase the time on T-Th to 30 minutes.

In other words, you're on fridayeyes! Since I started doing this, I feel terrific all day and my energy level, which was already pretty high, has increased and I can do so much more during a day than I would have believed!

Karla
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jul-07-02, 17:50

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%

Karla,

Consider yourself NOT ALONE with Richard Simmons. I do the Sweatin' to the Oldies tapes on the days when I don't feel like doing the walk run, or if it's raining outside. Man, those are pretty exhausting workouts!!!!. And have you noticed there is actually method to the madness of the routines..leg strengthening, arms, hear rate? It makes a lot of sense when you start to analyse what he is doing. Besides, they are FUN.

Fridayeyes...I'm doing BFL too and my cardio days are Sunday, Wednesday and Friday. They suggest you just stick with cardio 3 days a week for the BFL program. But, good for you for drumming up some exercise partners. Have fun!
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jul-07-02, 22:54

BF:

Hi, Angela,

Hey, are we counting you in? People don't have to do it every day. For me, I asked TrainerDan how to hit a certain goal and that's what he said. If the man says do it, I'm gonna do it.

I guess most of you BFL people are with me by default. When my CKD is up, I'm going to post pics. I didn't think about it when I started. I mean, when you're 200-plus, bikini pics are not the first thing that come to mind! But even though I still have a long row to hoe, I feel so good about how far I've come that I think I'll take some at the end.

Cheers!

Friday-who-is-going-to-bed-early-because-she's-doing-crazy-AM-cardio-tomorrow
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jul-08-02, 08:14

BF:

Ok, I did it.....

20 mins brisk (ow, my calves!) walk in the hills by my house. (while on a fat-burner)

Can I have my coffee yet? **whimpers** Actually, I had half a cup before I started, but coffee with no cream is barbaric!

Cheers,

Friday
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jul-08-02, 09:11
Contributing Member

I'M HERE....I"M HERE!!!

Yep..after I FELL out of bed on my FACE due to the muscles in my body that decided to go on strike becasue of the over intense tae-bo advanced workout my first day back yestersday....

I managed to CRAWL to the kitchen..kids were laughing at me in the livingroom..brats....I through in a CD and stretched..then danced,then grabbed small hand weights and danced some more. I didn't know a person could sweat so much BEFORE her morning coffee...hooly craap! I almost died..but I did it!!

cin

see you all tomorrow!!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jul-08-02, 15:02

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 229/185/154 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 59%

Hey there I will join you for certain
I got myself an Elliptical trainer (ET) just over a week ago. 20 mins is how long I go at a time now but will increase, so count me in
I started tracking mine in a exercise journal the day I bought it.
I have been tooo slack for words on the exercise front so spent all my money so that now I HAVE too
hello matey

so wheres this post with Dan's advice? I will go see if I can find it huh.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Jul-08-02, 15:16
Contributing Member

Friday....can a person buy belly dancing tapes???? I would love to check this out!!

cin
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Jul-08-02, 18:57

BF:

Re: bellydancing tapes

I have the Neena and Veena Bidasha fitness set. You will sweat, but it's a pretty gentle workout, at least for me. I got mine at amazon. com, but you can get a wider selection at www.naturaljourneys.com I love them, btw.

The advice Dan gave me is over in the CKD forum under the thread "4 weeks - How to use it?"

Cheers!

Friday
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-02, 06:43

BF:

25 min BDWO

I added 5 mins and went a lil gung ho to compensate for this being a gentler WO than the hill-walking.

I'm a little stiff and sore today, (hello, glutamine!) and it has to be from the walking as it's in different places than when I get sore from lifting.

Cheers,

Friday
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-02, 09:12
Contributing Member

Thanks for the info for the tapes...I am defintely checking into them.

Seems I may have over-done it on the execise...my arthritis has totally flared up in my hips. I will be toning it down today..LOL.

Stretches....exercise bike....pushups!

Good thing for this thread. Normally I would be gluing myself on the couch during my flare-ups..lol.

hugs...cin

Last edited by Cinderella : Tue, Jul-09-02 at 09:56.