Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-12-10, 05:47

Plan: Atkins (+m&e)
Stats: 320/310/190 Female 5ft  11"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default WW's Daily chat MAY 2010

Marching into May, here we come , even though I am a 10 days late starting our May thread
May it be a good month
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-12-10, 15:35

BF:

It is a lovely day here........I am going to make the most of it and get out
Going to town with the man .
Have a good OP day girls.
I have salmon and Salad veg planned for lunch again .
Hoping to get some fresh fish while out.
BBL to catchup
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-12-10, 18:38

Plan: Weight Watchers/S Beach
Stats: 201/195.8/135 Female 5'3"
BF:

Pamela, it's been raining and thunderstorming here since about Monday. I work in a daycare and the 2 year olds REALLY need to go outside, they're bored staying in. There is only so much inside activities we can do. We went about 5 weeks this winter without going out, one of our state of Ohio rules is we have to go out if it's over 32 degrees out, and we didn't get over 20 degrees for that entire 5 weeks. They really need to go out and burn evergy off!

Had baked chicken and a small baked potato for dinner, was bad that I didn't include a better veggie in with the dinner. I'm dying for a fresh green salad but I haven't been to the grocery this week. We are having a fresh green salad with spinach tomorrow at the daycare, they 2's won't have that, they'll get a soft veggie (chance of choking and we don't want to be responsible for that) but the teachers get a fresh green veggie. Have to run to the grocery quick tomorrow when I get off cuz the grandgirlies will be here so after for Kim to go to work. She's a medical massage therapist and just bought the business she just started working for, but she's phasing out the chiropractor she's working for too, it's a fine line right now between the two. She usually leaves about 1:30 p.m. when she has to be at the chiropractor and I get off at 12:15 so I gotta make it quick, but we're very low on food.

Speaking of food, gotta go feed and water my parakeets, cockatiels and my sun conure quick. This website likes to bleep out part of the 2nd bird's identity out, even though there's nothing wrong with that in the bird name, I think it's just one of the words that triggers it for "not so nice" words. Hope you all understand what kind of bird it is.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-12-10, 18:39

BF:

Well, it didn't do it, it use to bleep the first part of that word out. Good, so you all wont wonder what kind of birds I have. I have 3 keets, 5 cockatiels and my little sun conure named Chaos... and there IS a reason he's named Chaos!!! lol. He's a sweetie, LOUD but sweet.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-12-10, 21:29

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca A
I have 3 keets, 5 cockatiels and my little sun conure named Chaos... and there IS a reason he's named Chaos!!! lol. He's a sweetie, LOUD but sweet.

WOW.....I can only imagine the noise from all those birds! We had ONE cockateil, Floyd who talked and wow he could cook up a storm.Only one bird!
I kindof miss him but not all the mess he made tho... he is down at Donnee and daniel's place in Taupo. He gets so excited when he hears my voice on the phone....it is so funny.He launches off into wolf whistles, "pretty boy" and chatters away non-stop!!!

Just checked on my brother's place( he is away in thailand on hols) and they have a huge outdoor long run and about 6 lorakeets plus two cockateils in another big cage.They are so pretty eh
We have them out in the wild here where we live.....it is not uncommon to see 3 pairs flying around together. We also get lots of tuis(native to NZ).They love the flax bushes and bottle brush trees.The wood pigeons seem to like our two big phoenix palms-they are a much bigger bird but very tame for wild birds.

I can only imagine how you must have been stretching your imaginations to keep the kids occupied and happy each day with no going outside....hope spring turns on some fine weather for you soon!
Your grand kids are adorable too by the way
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-13-10, 17:49

BF:

Morning all .
Happy to report I am down .55 lb( 250 gms). Steady and slow eh
I Will get there. I have a trip to Perth planned for this time next year...even at this pace I will be atleast half way to goal. I am not wanting to get back to crossing my legs but if I can just sit in those airplane seats with ease....
Well it is friday here AGAIN.....love fridays
Hope everyone has a good day and good luck to you guys for your next weighins
  #7   ^
Old Thu, May-13-10, 22:35

BF:

Good going Pamela. That's a half pound, right? In one year that would be 26 pounds... very good.

Yeah, the birds are noisy but thank goodness we spend a lot of time in the bedroom... I have a laptop and sit on the bed to use it... John watches tv in bed (he got a HDTV about a year ago and it's in the bedroom... the living room has an older console tv... so it's not as good to use) and Guinie, our almost 12 year old kitty mosies in and sleeps on the bed. So the birds are one end of the house, we're on the other. LOL. BUT I go in the "birdroom" so see them and play with them thoughout the day and evening. I have one of Kim's cockatiels (actually I have 2 of hers cuz her hubby didn't like them keeping him up when he would try to sleep during the day) and Timmy is a sweetie. He's a normal gray cockatiel... he's adorable though. Sometimes if I don't want to get him out he sticks his beak through the cage bars and I kiss his beak. He keeps making kissing sounds and begging for more kisses. He's one of my fav's.

Man girl... I gotta get back with it. I want to be done 25 pounds by Christmas and I could do it if I would get back with it. So, that is my goal... 25 by Christmas... at least! That will be my gift to myself!

I hope that Rachel checks in soon. And our new friend that posted yesterday (or was it Tuesday... I've gotten so off schedule since my MIL passed... can't keep track of the days or the dates of the month!)

Talk to you soon, Pamela.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, May-13-10, 22:48

BF:

Thanks Rebecca! Yeah it's just over 1/2 lb ( 250 gms)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca A
Man girl... I gotta get back with it. I want to be done 25 pounds by Christmas and I could do it if I would get back with it. So, that is my goal... 25 by Christmas... at least! That will be my gift to myself!

Good for you! You CAN do it!! For me . I get xtra motivation coming here each day and checking in...journalling really does help to keep me accountable too seeing I am not going to the weekly weighins.
I will join you to lose the 25 too but hoping to better it if I possibly can!!
We WILL get there! I hope afew others might join us here to.We;; cya later
  #9   ^
Old Fri, May-14-10, 22:37

BF:

Well girls we are just about finished ANOTHER week at it
Hope you guys have had a good day.
I had a friend call in just as I was thinking about geyting us a late lunch at 1.30pm but I stayed OP .
She is going to come out monday a.m. to help us with the decluttering under the house which is nice of her.
So I will make up a big salad beore she comes and then we can just add things to it.
One thing I used to find hard was when I used to make our own home made bread. I don't do that now.....the smell was just about my undoing!
Hubby is happy to have his wholegrain one and seeing I am not eating it these days, it lasts longer
Hubby has requested sausages for tonight and as they are alittle high in points for me so I will have tinned fish for tonight.Will cook up a chicken for tomorrow ..we usually have hot dinner midday on a sunday, always have done.It's so nice to come home to dinner all cooked.
Today I have been busying myself with indoor cleaning and tidying up seeing it is wet ... it is a good feeling to have it all done once again.
Well, have a great OP weekend friends
  #10   ^
Old Sat, May-15-10, 21:02

BF:

Dash......just lost my post

I am just chilling out for abit It is a nice sunny Sunday afternoon here.
Had roast chicken and baked vegies and coleslaw.
Will just have a shake later tonight if I am hungry as we are going out later for abit.
I am eyeing a chicken and basil basmati Rice dish that looks quite easy. I might just add afew more greens to it to bulk it out! Hope to make it one dqy this week but need to get more chicken first.
I have quite afew ww's recipe books so hope to go through them as time allows for new ideas. Want to keep cooking as simple as possible but at the same time make the meals enjoyable and not the same old meat & veg!
Hubby makes me laugh sometimes.If I do a different dish he will ask........Is it a ww's recipe and if I say no he is happy ,but if he knows it is out of my ww's books........I usually have leftover's to put in the fridge
I enjoy afew mind games along the way
  #11   ^
Old Mon, May-17-10, 06:26

BF:

Busy day here but got alot of things shifted, including getting the boat off it 'jacks' and back on the boat trailor and then shifted out of the garage to make more room.
Hardly walked through the kitchen today except to check my lamb roast cooking afew times this afternoon
Had a nice lamb dinner with vegies. Fish is on th menu for tomorrow!
Nice work on the WL Rachel
Well I must say goodnite from my corner......have a good day
  #12   ^
Old Mon, May-17-10, 16:50

BF:

HAve a god day girls.......I am about to get stuck in to the decluttering downstairs again and it is such a gorgeous day out there too! Maybe we can have lunch outside today Cya later
  #13   ^
Old Wed, May-19-10, 10:21

Plan: LOOKING FOR A PLAN
Stats: 239/183/165 Female 5'9"
BF:Yes I have that
Progress: 76%

Rebecca I am so sorry about you Mother in Law, sorry I haven't been able to check in on this thread much.
I am doing well, I feel good and my eating has been ok.
Pamela did you do lunch outside?
  #14   ^
Old Wed, May-19-10, 16:21

BF:

morning
We did have lunch outside and 'muffin' our purry smooocher thought it was just great
Today it is raining quite hard after such a beautiful day out yesterday. Wierd weather but we do need more rain still so I have to make the most of it.

We are still working on the decluttering downstairs ...we have the BIG binn till tuesday next week so going to scout around the whole garden for any junk and go through all the rooms in the house between now and then.
Rebecca.thinking of you....looking forward to you being back with us here ,hugs.
Have a good day you two
  #15   ^
Old Thu, May-20-10, 04:11

BF:

On my way to work, I'll be back when I get off. Good to see u back Rachel!!! G'morning Pamela! See ya all later