Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Mar-14-06, 13:53

Plan: food combine/sommersize
Stats: 143.5/140.5/125 Female 63 in
BF:24/23.5/20
Progress: 16%

skinnyray:
damn you are right about feeding myself protein and the carb cravings go away. today i ate three serveings of fruit from 8till 11am, at 12, i'm drinking a soy protein shake.

last nite when i was stressed, tired, upset cuz of work, after work, i went to trader joes and i was so tempted to get c hips/cookies, healthy ones... but i i forced (it was sooo hardd)myself to get egg salad and nuts.

well nuts are not good cuz i have a tendency to over eat nuts

but atleast i ate protein and then my carb cravingwent away. and i felt full.

i definitely ate too many nuts though. i think i ate two cupz, thats like waaaay too mcuh fat and cals.

but i didn't have gass. which was good.

today i feel ready to realy cut the carbs out. i'm ging to cut cereal out too because when i first did food combining 1 year ago, i cut out carbs and it got easy to not want cereal.

yea the soy thing... how did you know your thyroid got slower...

do you eat chicken? i don't like meat.
i'm an ovo- pescatarian so i eat fish and veggie and eggs.
so i was thinking soyu /tofu woudl be good sources of protein for me.. but hmmm maybe i shouldn't eat too much of it...
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Mar-14-06, 17:56

i feel better today

i didn't work out this morning
but tonite
i have dance practice

i feel like i'mdetoxing

i'm getting away from sugar cravings and sweets so i have headacheds and feel kinda tired yestreday
but i'm on a role and i crave proteins!
the more i don't eat the sugar the less i want it

skinny ray you'reright about eating protein stifles carb /sugar cravings. i am getting on a roll like that
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Mar-14-06, 18:03
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

Concerning Somersizing...a dear friend of mine from these board has lost and kept off 200+ pounds and gained health/life via Somersize. To the best of my knowledge he is being featured in Suzannes new book. Dean will answer any questions you may have. Good guy with good heart.
Here is his journal.
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...10&page=1&pp=15
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Mar-15-06, 18:05

Plan: food comb/atkins influenc
Stats: 185/161/140 Female 175cm
BF:
Progress: 53%

Hello people

Thanks Mr E. I have visited Dean's journal. It is very inspiring! (not sure if i could eat just the same thing everyday tho)

way to go kashmiere. don't you love it when those close to you notice!

ptouch I do eat chicken but I only buy free range organic fed because not only is it much more tender and tastier (the difference is very obvious) but I don't like the idea of loading myself with all the steroids and antibiotics they feed chickens. Caged chickens seem so unhealthy to me.

Fish and eggs are great sources of protien. I'm not sure about tofu. (it's protien but it might be a carb/protien/fat combo) In somer's book she says if you don't eat meat then it's ok - will have to check on that. Do you have the book? For me soy is not good for thyroid so i avoid it now but i have read that tofu/soy sauce are fermented and so are ok but not straight soymilk.

Re the slow thyroid i don't know how it got slow but it has been the reason I put on weight for sure. It makes me tired and sluggish and this diet really helps energise me.

have a great day all
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Mar-16-06, 13:17

skinnyray -
i'll eat organic chicken if iget my hands on it, which isn't too often... but i think i might cut the soy out or atleast limit it, i read a couple articles how some vegetarians who eat only soy protein, all those texturized soy protein stuff, developed thyroid problems.... i think eating real protein is definitley want gives me energy

i ate well the last two days. and i feel good. i went to bed hungry both nites but drank water. i think i go hungry cuzi work out at nite and then i stay up late sometimes.
ideally i wanna work out in the morning
what do you do for working out

tell me what u think about how i ate yesterday:

morning till about 11
grape fruit
black berries
raspberries
tea
waited 1 hour
11am - soy milk and protein powder
12pm - 4 egg whites cooked
2pm - salad with lots of veggies and tuna fish salad
4pm 1/4 cup of mixed unsalted nuts
530pm - the leftovers of salad with veggies/tunafish
9on 1 cup of soymilk - i was so hungry after working out.
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Mar-16-06, 23:39

BF:

Hi ptouch

I know what you mean about being hungry. I did my yoga class last night and came home starving. I had 4 slice of cheese. The scale didn't move and I suspect it's coz i prob ate too many calories with all that cheese.

Your menu looks ok but if I may as far as somersizing goes you probably should avoid nuts because they are protien/fat/carb combo which is not allowed. You are allowed to eat them after you reach your goal but not during the w/loss period. I guess the same goes for soymilk if it has fats in it.

Regarding my workouts i am doing oxysise when i can and yoga too. I try to get out in the garden as well coz that's good for you and I'm just starting some strength training from a book called 'strong women stay young'. it's written by an aussie dr who ran some studies on strength training. It's real easy stuff you can do at home with a chair and some weights.

keep up the good work and stay with it!

cheers Rai
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Mar-17-06, 14:12

rai:

today was good, i wokeup feeling great cuz i had along dance practice last nite, and ate 1 slice of soy cheese and some nuts (bad) i worked out for 45 minutes on elliptical b4 work. it feels great!

so youre right abo ut the nuts, plus i have problems controlling myself on nuts. they are too good sometimes. the firsttiime i food combined i cut them out and just didnt' want them.

i like how food combingin basically encourages u to cut out a lot of things like those damn protein bars. really bad food combos and i usually have sugar lows on them or gas problems from them

today i weighed in at 138.5! which is good for me becuse ive been stuck at 141.5 -143 for a while now. i deally i want to be 125, i know that will be hard, i'll be hapy with 134 too.

but i've been doing pretty good this week stacking protein.

i need to keep it up cuz lastnite i almost binged

i need to throw out junk in my house. i have soy dream that i bought last week cuz i thought it was healthy
but too much sugar and no protein!

i def feel so much better not eating starchy things. i got in this bad habit of eating carbs, even if they were whole grain ones, like i'd binge on whole grain crackers, or fat free oatmeal cookies. too many calories.

and bad mix of rice substance or something

and i have these southb each diet cookies

i kno if i eat one, i'll want more, i t;s easier to justcut themout

i am trying to lose weight so i need to be strict!
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Mar-19-06, 17:06

BF:

Hi Ptouch

You sound like you are on track. Much like you I too think it's better to throw things out if you are still in the habit of eating bad foods just coz they are there.

I went to a g/friends wedding around xmas time and she had the most wonderful looking choc cake. I was only 2 days into food combining and i felt very tempted. The cake sat next to me all the way home begging me to taste it. When I got home I threw it straight into the bin outside. It was a very bitter sweet moment but you just have to do it.

I keep telling myself that if it really matters i can eat it when and only when i reach my goal. There will always be more of whatever you think you can't live without LOL

Keep up the good work
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Mar-19-06, 17:12

BF:

PS forgot to add....my biggest down fall is alcohol. After a stress full week raising a teenager on my own and resisting yummy foods I feel really strung out. The offer to go out with friends to unwind with a few drinks is hard to resist as it's about all i have to get the knots out.

I don't do it every week but i still feel guilty when i do.
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Mar-20-06, 13:33

wow
well the alchy thingy -
alchohol = EMPTY CALORIES!!!!
do u log your cals ? i log on nutridiary.com.
i like it

i am alergic, cuz i'm asian so i pass outfast

when you get stressed go for a walk or do some situps or put some music on and dance! that's my way of coping with stress... well last month i had bad habits of eating when stressed.

but i thought about u and things you write me encourage me to stick to it. well i did OKAY , i danced hard on saturday nite, but somehow that justified me binging at nite on sunday SHIT! i ate soy ice cream, like 2 cups of it which was like 500 cals .

i am really quitting nuts for good now, just until i get weight off. i also ate 200 cals worth of cookies on sunday. but at least it stopped at 200 cals and i din't eat the whole box like i coudl have before. and then i felt like shit cuz i was doing so good.

sincei dance hard saturday nite somehow i justified eating those cookies. argh.

i went shopping and i felt fat trying on stuff, didnt' buy much, which was good to savemoney but it did encourage me to reallly cut fat looking at myself inthe mirror . my sis ter is skinny, sheeats starches and is built different than me and it's really frustrating that i eat way healthier than her but i am like 4 sizes larger. she's a 4 at most and i'm like 7/8 soemtimes 9
i decided i will not buy clothes till i'm a 7/8 for sure again.

sunday i even ate chickin, cuz i neede dprotein. and i havenot eaten chickin in like 1 year. but it was good quality so i did it. and it was better than eating the candy bars that were around where i was.

but today i'm back on track. i worked outthis morning, started w/ grafefuit and an apple,

i think this week i'm going to cut soyout all together just to see what happens.

how did you do?

Last edited by ptouch : Mon, Mar-20-06 at 13:37. Reason: btw
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Mar-21-06, 08:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 241/223/135 Female 5'6"
BF:??/44/30
Progress: 17%

There is a guy named AZdean. You guys need to check out his journal. He lost 215 pounds using the plan. He is really an inspiration. Which Somer's book should I buy first? I am about to throw my hands up in the air with Atkins. (Havent lost a pound in a month.)
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Mar-21-06, 10:06

Plan: food combining
Stats: 150/150/135 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi ladies! well it sounds like everyone is on the right track. well another week gone by of this woe and i feel great. don't think i've lost too much this last week but i tracked all my calories on fitday and last week my avg calories were 1800 and the first week they were in the range of 1550. so this week i'm trying to stay in the 1500 range and i'm cutting my fruit mornings to 2-3 mornings a week. maybe next week i'll be brave and jump on the scale. i'm just so afraid of that #, plays with my head too much. i've been working out too about 4-5 days/week but it came to a halt this week, i'm getting a cold.

skinnyray - i love to go out and have my alcohol too but i've been strong since i started this plan and haven't touched it. oh, and there is no way i could've thrown that cake away!! i would've had it eaten by the time i got home

ptouch - i don't eat anything with soy, it bothers my stomach too much. keep up this woe and your workouts and you'll be able to fit into those skinny clothes before you know it.

talk to you later!!
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Mar-21-06, 13:11

do u guys eat beef at all? crazy i am a vegetarian, well pescatarian cuz i eat fish. but last nite i went shopping at whole foods to buy protein and veggies, salad, etc. i ende dup buying salmon a a little ground beef that was premade on the hot food bar. it was good but i'm not going to eat it often. i also got like three little balls of mozarella and feta cheese at thesalad bar, and normally i don't eat cheese either!

strangely enough, i ate the salad, the cheese, the beef and didn't get gassy. and felt full.
what do you guys eat for dinner at nite/?
do you work out in the mornings?

do you guys eat goat yogurt. i'm going to start eating it again for protein . i remember i didn't hur tmy stomach.

kash - keep up the work outs! 4-5 times is good. what do you do for work outs? cardio? weights? i weight myself every so often, sometimes every day, it does play w/ my head but it's encouraging too. somepeople say to doit once a week but i find it motivates me . it sucks cuz i definitely notice a dropin weighing when i work out last before i goto bed the night before

but if i eat, even if it's 3 hours before bedtime, the next morning my weight is up. frustrating. i'm going to watch ot portions today. i think i ate too much yesterday...

argh skinny ray - yesterday i binged a little on nuts again. cashews are tood good dammit. today i brought food with me, to work, so that i can fill myself w/ protein and not crave nuts.

my work has kraft services, sotons of bad sweets, starches, cookies, candy.. and nuts for free...
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Mar-21-06, 13:22

Default Food combining CHart

Also
what do you guys think of this chart?

http://www.lafn.org/~bc534/FdCmbngChart.htm

or do uknow of any good ones

this one says not to even yogurt w/ proteins

or soy withanything.
  #30   ^
Old Tue, Mar-21-06, 18:37

BF:

Hi to all

Great to see all of you being supportive of each other, kind of makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

I had a look at the chart and I thought it was interesting but I don't think it fits entirely into somersizing because im not sure if it is saying you can eat fats with the starches or not. Other than that it is prob a good guide. It is pretty much the program. I have never thought about fruit and dividing it into categories but there could be something in that.

As for beef yes i eat it. Beef, pork, chicken, fish and lamb are my main protien sources as well as eggs. I try to avoid cured meats coz i know they aren't too good for the liver. If the liver is not happy the weight loss is slow/non existent.

One thing we haven't talked about much is water. I think I loose more when I drink more. I drink at least 2 ltrs and sometimes 3. The more you drink the more you feel the need to drink. Water is essential along with oxygen to break down fat so considering those two go together it makes sense to drink and move. very important to get oxygen into your blood cells for vitality too.

To all of you (and i am only the thread starter not the guru LOL) I would urge you all to think about this as not a diet but as a new way of life and eating. Make sure you are well stocked up with snacks should you need them to avoid binging on anything.

I would also like to suggest that you try EFT or TFT. (emotional freedom technique or thought field therapy) They are very similar but i prefer EFT as I have had good experience with that. I used it to get over my cookie and sweet addiction and within 15 minutes i had it licked! I haven't touched either one since the treatment in December 05. It is something you can learn in one session and do yourself to treat anything from addiction to phobias.

more info on EFT here