Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View comments Article tools
4 month progress report
Posted by AngelaR
Posted Sun, Mar-03-02
Female 5 ft 6 in
Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%
Talking 4 month progress report

It was suggested I post this in the success stories. It's my journal entry from yesterday.

Today is day 120. The end of 4 months. Time for some reflection.

Weight loss summary:
November - 14
December - 5
January - 2
February - 4
25 lbs in total gone. 20 more to go.

January was the month where I really got into the nuts, and the overall loss seems to reflect that. Most of Feb was nut free. The numbers seem to reflect that too.

My weight goal is to fit into the suit I got married in by Nov 13 2002. That will be our 15th anniversary. It will be one year and 2 weeks of LCing. Although I'm not big on setting weight goals, this one I will dream about. The weight comes off when everything is tuned properly, and at it's own pace. 45 lbs in one year should be achievable, given the rate I'm losing, and barring a long stall.

Inches gone - 19.5 No loss in inches in the past 2 weeks.

The big new differences I noticed this month:

1. I spend a good piece of my grocery money in the health food store. In the past couple of weeks I've discovered a delicious, very low carb, rich and creamy 2 active culture yogurt there (Liberty Meditereanian). Also discovered an all peanuts no sugar or additive, very smooth, not gritty peanut butter.

2. Dinners are now completely low carb. My husband doesn't even ask for potatoes or pasta anymore. He isn't loosing, but then again he's not LCing. He just likes the interesting dinner variety, and loves the salads.

3. An 8 oz glass of water seems like a mere sip now. I switched back to a regular sized glass, filled from the water bottle that is glued to my hand. The water seems to go by so much faster in the regular sized glass. I can sleep the night thru now without needing a trip to the loo, no matter how late I drink water.

4. I feel "lighter". My feet don't hurt anymore at the end of the day.

5. I still don't have that big burst of energy everyone talks about. Mind you, I'm wide awake and up every moring around 5 a.m. By 8:30 pm I've usually fallen into a deep nap in my easy chair.

I love this way of live! It's part of me. Even though the month of Feb was incredibly hectic at work, with long hours and weekends, I was able to stick to it. The strategy was to go back to basics, using simple, safe meals, lots of grab and goes, and focusing on protein and fat over carbs to be on the safe side because there was no time or energy to keep a journal.

LC is me, I am LC. There is no other choice for me.

None of this would have been possible without the incredible support for the wonderful folks here. Thank you for all your help. You are an integral part of my success. You are a success too!

My next goal? One day I will be able to post "I have lost 2 feet of fat". When my overall inches lost equals 24, you will see that post.

I'm also posting my weight chart again (updated to today), hoping it will help those of you who fret over 1, 2 or 3 pound gains. I've had plenty of those, and didn't fret over any of them. It's part of the journey. Your body adjusts, sometimes up, sometimes down. The blip in the middle is Christmas.

Article tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Success Photos
Before
Not uploaded yet
In-Progress
Not uploaded yet
After
Not uploaded yet

by agonycat on Sun, Mar-03-02, 07:15

You are doing fantastic! Keep up the great work