Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 14:57

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 186/176/135 Female 66
BF:
Progress:
Question Induction - What's your typical eating day?

I've been on Atkins induction for 6 weeks now and am stalled. Just curious about what some peoples' eating day looks like. I'm baffled. Lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks but now have gained back 2. . .ugh!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 16:35

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 120/???/113 Female 5ft 3 inches
BF:18.8/18.8/15
Progress: 63%

I am on induction too. I can't seem to go for more than a couple of weeks w/o "cheating".

You can look at my Fitday.com food journal, but mostly I eat a lot of cream cheese, eggs and heavy cream in decaf a few times a day. Today for breakfast I had 2 eggs with some cream cheese and a table spoon of bacon bits, For lunch today I had one serving of pepperoni with one serving of cheese and then one oz of cream cheese with some zero carb vanilla syrup in it, yum.Dinner was 4 oz of talapia, some mushrooms sauteed in butter and a tsp of soy sauce and then an oz of cream cheese with the syrup again.

I am counting calories too, about 1300-1400 per day. 75%- 90% fat. I have a really hard time getting into ketosis, once I do, I'll slack off a little on the fat to protein ratio.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 16:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/158/145 Female 5' 5 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 68%

For me the routine is:

Breakfast - eggs, cream cheese, sausage (no carbs), bacon - not all of these but a variety of them. Omlets with cream cheese and a little salsa are weekend regulars.

Lunch - meats, with added butter or olive oil, tuna salad, chicken salad, a little cauliflower or broccoli or brussel spouts, but not much veggies.

Dinner - same as above.

Snacks - Every day I eat pork rinds (okay, I just love the stuff), slim jims, macadamia nuts (only a few). Or celery with sour cream/Ranch dips. Pork rinds I eat with cream cheese or the sour cream mix. (I could eat both every day and never tire of them) Sometimes a few olives. Sometimes a cup of salad with some kind of oil dressing.

I eat the same foods every day. I don't bore easily at all. And I keep the fat high.

Occasionally I a tiny snack of low carb ice cream.

I also keep fresh hamburger patties around and when needing a snack, just nuke one up and munch it.

I also take multivitam, E, and chromium daily.

That's my routine.

Shirley

Last edited by Sbear : Mon, Sep-08-03 at 16:41.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 17:58

Stats: 280/235/160 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 38%

I'm a boring creature of habit, generally.

B- 1 hardboiled egg, 2 slices bacon. - water (occasionally 2 scrambled instead w/butter)

L- 6oz tuna, 1-2 c lettuce, 3-4 T mayo - water (sometimes add in egg or green onions)

D- 4-6oz meat (chicken/pork/beef)- seasoned with adobo, sauteed green peppers, onions, mushrooms. - water

Not snacks often, but if I need one it's usually a stick of mozzerella string cheese.

In the beginning I had alot more cheese - cheddar, cream, etc, but found my loss was slow, so I took them out. I keep sourcream, heavy cream, olives, etc to sparse use. I've found I lose this way.... and honestly, I don't really wanna change things up much at this time, lol.

Last edited by lissame : Mon, Sep-08-03 at 17:59.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 18:09

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser1
I've been on Atkins induction for 6 weeks now and am stalled. Just curious about what some peoples' eating day looks like. I'm baffled. Lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks but now have gained back 2. . .ugh!

Hey there Loser!

What you are experiencing is most likely completely normal. Went through the same thing myself, which you can read about in the first few pages of my journal. Your body is just taking time to adjust to the new way of eating. Don't give up and don't fall off of the wagon.

I'm sure that you are getting some ideas from the other posts in this thread and maybe you'll let us know what is a typical day for you. Could be clues there to what's going on. Let us know!

Marlaine
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 18:22

Plan: atkins
Stats: 160/143/125 Female 5-6
BF:got/luv/handles
Progress: 49%

Every morning I have eggs and bacon
Maybe a little coffee and cream

Lunch I usually just have a hamburger pattie or something easy. Unfortuanlly I end up skipping lunch alot due to my schedual

Dinner I have steak or hot wings, and usually a veggie. Last night I had chicken curry, it was soooo good, I didnt miss the rice at all. Making it yourself is suprisingly low in carbs

Pretty boring, but I dont seem to get sick of things very easily

Last edited by skibunnie : Mon, Sep-08-03 at 18:24.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 19:31

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%

click my fitday link or anyones...

I generally have scrambled eggs and bacon, or hamburger patty with mozzerella cheese and mayo or mustard sometimes with tomato, OR 6 strips of bacon with a pile of lettuce, chopped tomatoes and lots of mayo--tastes BLT extreme!!!

Lunch...usually have burger or salad with leftover meat, chopped lunchmeat or tomatoes and bacon ranch dressing.

Dinner...steak and mushrooms, burgers and vegetable, salad if I didtn have one earlier.

snacks... pork rinds, hard boiled eggs...
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-03, 07:07

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 149/138/132 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 65%

Serena, your not eating any vegetables!
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-03, 10:24
Registered Member

Stats: 281/243.2/160 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 31%

I've been following Atkins since August 6th, here's an example menu.

B - scrambled eggs mixed with some heavycream, shredded cheddar and a pat a butter (getting the fat) and some sauage and or turkey bacon. Sometimes I just have the meat.

L - Varies from dinner leftovers. But I made some cole-slaw which complemented my burger patties, grilled chicken or turkey Italian sausage. (my husband and I grill a lot of stuff every Sunday to have things on hand). Sometimes salads making Tuna or Chicken salads to have in it...etc...

D - Is a prepared meat and side of steamed veggies or salad, some cheese is in there too. We do prepare dishes that are more flavorful, just counting the carbs as we go along. We both love seafood so we've had grilled tuna steaks, shrimp and crab legs, we also
buy filet mignots, NY Strips and other good cuts of meats, plus there's tofu too!...so it's been plenty.

Planning meals is key and though some intial pantry stocking is a bit pricey, we've found that now that we only shop the exterior of the stores, we do save, so spurging on quality proteins helps satisfy our appetites.

We get the EAS shake and whip heavy cream for a treat. These seem to be the best for us as I've had problems with sugar alcohols...

Stay focused, you will see results..
C
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-03, 10:50

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 120/???/113 Female 5ft 3 inches
BF:18.8/18.8/15
Progress: 63%

Auburn,

I know! I have a really hard time getting into ketosis, once I do I will add some. I had a bad couple of days over the weekend and a run in with some Krispy Kreme Donuts (among other things). I should be in ketosis by dinner and will have some salad then. Today I am having some carb withdrawl, big time. That alone should keep me from binging but somehow it doesn't.

I did have some mushrooms last night....I just am hungry all the time, even with this WOE, hungry. Because I have a hrd time getting in to ketosis and I am always hungry, I have to count calories too. In the begining, for 3 weeks I lost not one pound, I was eating too much...of everything, including salad. I was below 20 carbs, but never in ketosis and didn't lose.

Thanks for looking out for me, I'll have some salad tonight or tomorrow.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-03, 11:17

Plan: Cyclic Ketogenic Diet
Stats: 261/236.5/160 Female 5'7"
BF:--%/--%/--%
Progress: 24%

Breakfast: protein shake (water, ice, raw egg, heavy whipping cream, cream cheese, DaVinci syrup, Designer Whey Protein powder)

Snack: pork skins, cubed cheese or beef jerky

Lunch: chicken breast, wieners, breadless hamburgers, spinach, green beans or salad

Snack: pork skins, cubed cheese or beef jerky

Dinner: steak, chicken breast, pork chops, taco salad, spinach, green beans, asparagus, cauliflower, salads.

Vitamins: Centrum Silver, Calcium/Magnesium, Postassium, ECA stack.

Last edited by Dervish : Tue, Sep-09-03 at 11:25.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-03, 13:59
Registered Member

Plan: Suzanne Summers/Atkins
Stats: 240/250/145
BF:
Progress: -11%

I never get bored eating the same thing every day. I am a child of habit. During the week I eat:

Snack: One tiny Atkins brownie eaten 1/2 hour after I awake (5:30 am)

B 8:30: 1-2 egg omlet with turkey, ham, bacon, mushrooms and one slice of cheese.

L noon: Cobb salad 2+cups of spinach with ham, turkey, cucumbers, mushrooms, tomatoe, some shreaded cheese topped with Newman's light italian dressing mixed with Walden Farms zero carb dressing and a small dollop of sour cream dill homemade dressing. I use small amounts of dressing but like the flavor of the mix.

Snack If I have one: Suzane Somers low carb brownies made up into cookies, one SF Russell Stover mint pattie, small piece of Atkins chocolate endulge bar.

D6:30-7: Dinner size kosher hot dog(1 carb) with zero carb BBQ sauce and 2 slices of cheese, low carb tortilla with ground beef and 2 slices of cheese, or some meat/fish.

Snack if I have one 8:30 or 9pm: Atkins tiny brownie 1/2 inch by inch, clam dip with Atkins chips

Weekend: no eggs, more meat, less veggies (no salad)I eat more often but smaller quantities.

However, I have not been able to loose weight so do not go by what I eat.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-03, 18:07

Stats: 226.5/193.0/185 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 81%

Serena,

If you make it back into ketosis after that cheat weekend by tonight, I want to know your secret. I did not go to near that extreme, more over-eating than high carb and blew myself out. Still can not get back, checked tonight with the strips and am getting discouraged. I don't believe I have been able to return to a weight loss/ketosis state for almost four weeks now, although I did get back to my last posted weight (reducing three pounds)without testing positive for keytones. I am considering looking into something other than Atkins to enable me to eat more veggies and less meat.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-03, 18:36

Stats: 253/240/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 12%

b/fast 2 eggs fried or scrambled with butter with either 2 sausage or 2 bacon ( sometimes have half a tomato or some mushrooms)

lunch cooked meat or tuna with green salad and mayo sometimes have a bit of cheese with this as well

dinner steak/lamb/pork/chicken/fish with two veggies (cauliflower, brocolli, spinach, swede, mushrooms)

snacks I dont always have snacks but if I do I limit myself to two a day from the following cheese, hard boiled egg, pepperoni, nuts, pork rinds

I have 2/3 cups of coffee with cream and drink approx 100 floz of water a day I also take a multi vit without iron.
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-03, 18:42

Stats: 226.5/193.0/185 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 81%

Go Bumpy! Even though I seem to have hit a plateau, the smallest pair of pants that was collecting dust in my closet now fits. That is what will give you the attitude, those rewards that make you feel good.