Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-15-12, 23:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/238.5/120 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default Power 90/P90x and Induction

Hello, everyone! I am wrapping up my day 4 doing Power 90 and am on Day 6 STRICT,STRICT,STRICT induction. I am happy to say that I checked my Keto strips and tonight...PURPLE!!! After drinking copious amounts of fluids during the day and having it cone out purple made me do a little jig in my head...and on the dance floor that is my bathroom. I know a lot of people don't really care for them, but it helps me.
I have not been hungry much, so today was some bacon, coffee and cream...
NOW onto Power 90. Day 4...wow. I almost cried yesterday doing it (Curse you Tony Horton) and almost talked myself out of doing it again until I lost more weight...I was soooo sore. Then I decided...I have my heart and mind set on it. One day at a time and I am going to do it, no matter what! No excuses!!! I am happy to say that when I did my Sculpt workout, I did better with the wide and close push ups! I totally thought I was going to fall on my face and I did BETTER!!!! Yaaaaaay!!!! Tomorrow is Cardio and I know I will hurt in the morning, but it is the hurt of getting in shape, so it hurts sooo good. I really hate the Plank/push up/downward facing dog/push up/plank power yoga thing...that definitely almost made me cry, but I KNOW I will be a pro in no time. I am not giving up and I appreciate any support I can get and would love to support any of you as well!!!! Has anyone tried Power 90?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-16-12, 10:42

BF:
Question

Coffee and HWC so far today...I made 5 pieces of bacon, but have not eaten any, yet. My friend wants me to make my special egg breakfast since she is crashing here for a bit (tried to get her to go home since I kinda feel she is taking advantage of me) even more so now since she got a face to face skype break up from her Airman Fiance in Korea and I just do not feel like cooking! I think I may go ahead and cook anyway, though. I do not feel tired, but I am not jumping out of my boots...I am not depressed at all...I just feel neutral, I think? It is weird. I think it may be because it is day 7 of strict induction and my body is still adjusting to Power 90? It is Day 5 of Power 90 (I found that mid day working out or mid morning is best for me). I am not as sore as I was yesterday, though!! I would like some advice on supplements if anybody gets the chance to read this at any point. I see Atkins doesn't sell supplements anymore (the ones I had bought on ebay must have been extra stock) and I need supplements on while I do this strict of Atkins AND Power 90 to help my recovery time and protect my muscles. I hope everyone is well. I just need to remember that I can do Power 90! I set my mind to it and all I need to do is make that habit of doing it everyday. Even when I really do not feel like it! Has anyone done Power 90 at all? Any ideas where I can get weights for a decent price (I am only using one pounders right now) and what is it like to use the bands?
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-16-12, 11:04

Plan: <50g a day, gluten-free
Stats: 202.8/180.6/145 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 38%

I did P90X for 2 days and it wasn't for me so you have my complete and utter respect for going for it - those workouts are intense (pull-ups are my idea of hell)!

As for weights - if you're in the US/Canada check out Craigslist or Kijiji (or yard sales when they're in season again), as they often have sports equipment for mega-cheap. Re-sale sports stores are also a great place to check out, if you have any in your area.

Seems like you're off to an amazing start!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-17-12, 10:42

Plan: turtle style atkins
Stats: 202/166.4/145 Female 63 inches
BF:35.8%/29.5%/25.7%
Progress: 62%

These are intense workouts! But I have to say I haven't been doing them for several reasons -

#1 Timeframe - I am not a person has time EVERYDAY for 1 1/2 hours of video exercise. Give me 45 minutes MAX because my kids are done with me doing it in 20!

#2 They kill my foot (plantar faciitis) I was thinking the stretching and yoga esp would be helpful, but seriously aggravated it and I could hardly walk.

Kudos to you for putting in the time and effort and taking the pain!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-17-12, 14:13

Plan: Optimal Ketogenic Living
Stats: 193/179.4/145 Female 66in
BF:
Progress: 28%

I started P90X last summer and got through 70 days of the lean version. Took a break to take DS to college. Didn't have an hour+ every day any more. I picked up Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and I love it. It is a great 20 minute workout and there are 3 levels to progress through. I recently bought JM Ripped in 30 and will be trying that next.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jan-17-12, 16:13

BF:

I am only doing Power 90 right now...No way I can do p90x, yet! I am nowhere near being able to do that! I am planning on Doing Power 90 and pretty much stay with that until the 90 days are up and then move back to Winser Pilates. Thank you for your replies!
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jan-22-12, 15:59

BF:

Well, I have still been exercising...and had to skip the plank and push up part of the video last night, though. I got struck with the flu...pretty badly last night and am STILL struggling with it. It went intestinal on me...I have not cried from being this sick in about 13 years, easily...I did not even cry like this when I was giving birth...I am such a whiney sick person, but believe me, you would too. My poor dogs have not been out for a walk today and have not been walked since last night at 4-ish. I feel so bad. I have had to take so much Pepto, I was worried about the diet being f-ed up because of it, but seriously, I am dumping water out of every orifice except my ears. I tried to have a cup of a nice, fatty beef broth that I defrosted last night, but that came right through me as well. I really want to do the Power 90 today, but last night while I was doing it, I almost passed out. I also got so dizzy I fell while standing outside with my dog so he could pee both last night around 3 AM and this morning. What the heck.
What I ate today and last night? Sleepytime Tea, Peppermint Tea, Fresh ginger and loose mint tea, Pepto Bismol, Advil, Tylenol, Propel Zero, Fatty, Salty Beef Broth, Copious amounts of water, a tiny bit of HWC in my Sleepytime tea...I have the feeling it will be the same for another day or two.
What am I going to do with the exercising? I am totally freaking out! I am only on day 11 or 12 of Power 90...If I stop now...even for a few days...what will that do? I practically almost pooped myself standing outside with my freaking dog last night and tonight...well, I guess water is not exactly poo...(sorry, TMI, but6 it is true)...ANY suggestions, my friends? God...even my SKIN hurts...so sensitive and painful. I have not been this ill for quite a long time.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Feb-02-12, 19:09
Registered Member

Plan: Akins
Stats: 210/177/135 Female 5ft 2 1/2 in
BF:
Progress: 44%

I am starting p90x on Monday. I am scared but so excited! I am a lot bigger than anyone I see advertised doing this workout, but I am no whimp. Often I am outdoing all the skinny girls in my group exercise classes. Anyway, I figure I will do my best, right? If I work as hard as anyone else my body will not know that the next person is doing X amount of whatever more than me, it will just know I am kicking butt as much as I can...
My weight loss has come to a stop and I am super frustrated, to the point of near tears sometimes cuz I am doing everything right, but nothing! I have done this for many years, unfortunately I have gained the weight back a few times. I think my body is used to this(I am older now) and resist weight loss...
I am hoping p90x shocks my body into compliance. One last time. I am determined to keep it off this time.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Feb-03-12, 07:47

Stats: 301/275/180 Female 5'6"
BF:

Kudos to you! I'm having a difficult time doing beginners yoga and other such introductory exercises. I don't forsee myself doing the p90 in the immediate future. Gutsy!
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Feb-16-12, 23:54
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJkate83
Kudos to you! I'm having a difficult time doing beginners yoga and other such introductory exercises. I don't forsee myself doing the p90 in the immediate future. Gutsy!

Thanks for the encouragement Kate. I am in week two day 4. The yogaX is my least favorite. Aargh! But I disliked it less today as for the rest, I am happy to say that it is doable. Not easy, but mostly doable. A few moves r laughable, I literally laughed trying to do one move today. Oh well, I just do something that looks a little like whatever it is that is impossible.

First week I was so sore, beyond sore. I think I did too much. But this week I am "just" sore. Looking forward to results that I can c n the mirror.

Tell us about it when/if u start p90x. Would love to compare notes with someone who is also working on weight loss also.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Feb-19-12, 22:22
Registered Member

BF:
Talking Starting week 3

Two weeks down and feeling good. I'm afraid to say it out loud but -whisper- I am sure I've lost weight and or inches already n the 2 wks of p90x. Yes!

The crazy pain is over, though my lower back left side hurts. For now I am working through it hoping it will get better soon as I build up my core muscles One more week then the program changes and I am sore again...Looking forward to it! I don't mind soreness as long as I am not damaging myself.

I actually had to start taking in more calories and carbs to break my weight lose Plateau. I am struggling with this cuz I've gotten really good at not eating and for the first time it wasn't helping me to lose weight. But old habits r hard to break. When not eating stopped working I started exercising like crazy and not eating much. Weeks of this and nothing! So I started p90x and shakeology. The shake has almost more carbs than I was trying to eat in a day. When I add the whey protein in it it is more than than I was eating in a day, about 17 carbs. So far it is working. After only 2 wks I have dropped a few inches and maybe pounds. Not weighing or measuring yet but I can c it and feel it. I needed more nutrition to reassure my body that it could let go of some fat. Hope it keeps letting go.

I have core workout tmrw morning. Looking forward to it. Gonna go Zumba afterwards. No work tmrw. Sweet

Last edited by flowers4me : Sun, Feb-19-12 at 22:28.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Feb-19-12, 22:48

Plan: Optimal Ketogenic Living
Stats: 193/179.4/145 Female 66in
BF:
Progress: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowers4me
Thanks for the encouragement Kate. I am in week two day 4. The yogaX is my least favorite. Aargh! But I disliked it less today as for the rest, I am happy to say that it is doable. Not easy, but mostly doable. A few moves r laughable, I literally laughed trying to do one move today. Oh well, I just do something that looks a little like whatever it is that is impossible.

First week I was so sore, beyond sore. I think I did too much. But this week I am "just" sore. Looking forward to results that I can c n the mirror.

Tell us about it when/if u start p90x. Would love to compare notes with someone who is also working on weight loss also.

A friend who has finished p90x 3 times, told me that lots of people get "one on one yoga with tony horton" to replace the yogaX workout in p90x. I did get it and it is only 45 minutes. I'm still not a fan of yoga, but it is much more doable than the yogax version.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Feb-20-12, 14:30
Registered Member

BF:
Thumbs up Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zogo
A friend who has finished p90x 3 times, told me that lots of people get "one on one yoga with tony horton" to replace the yogaX workout in p90x. I did get it and it is only 45 minutes. I'm still not a fan of yoga, but it is much more doable than the yogax version.

I was just seeing that yesterday while I cruised online. That sounds great. Gonna check into that. I hear p90x2's yoga program is only 1 hr or less even. They must have listened to all of us complaining...

Until I get that maybe I will just DO 45-60 minutes of the yoga...? The first 40 minutes is the killer anyway. Thanks, good to know I am not the only one hating on 90 minutes of yoga. BTW, I am sure it does help with a lot, I sure am tired afterward. IT'S JUST TOO LONG!
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Feb-22-12, 23:08
Registered Member

BF:
Default No substitutes...

Decided not to swap yoga workouts on the p90x program. I was tempted, but when I say I completed a round of p90x I don't want to say but... Nope gonna push through. Out of the seven days of workouts (including xstretch) that is the only day I dislike. Gonna stop telling self I dislike it. I respect it... It kicks my butt but I'm gonna kick right back. It's gonna build my core beautifully (if it doesn't destroy my back). Already halfway through my third week. Only ten more weeks to go. I CAN DO THIS!

My second time around...well that will be a different story all together. It will be tony Horton yoga one on one. 45 minutes, not 90 minutes!
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Mar-14-12, 16:32
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins\Paleo\IF
Stats: 266/206/190 Male 67
BF:Going fast...
Progress: 79%

My efforts at the yoga were laughable Can't wait for next Tuesday till yoga day comes around again.