Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-12, 04:45

Plan: CAD
Stats: 173/171/125 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 4%
Default I'm joining CAD

Hi,
Today I've decided to start CAD. I have a minimum of 40 lob to lose. 50 would be even better. I've been exercising for the last three weeks. I need to really get my eating under control.

A couple of questions...
Do any of you skip the daily weigh ins? I'm thinking of just weighing once per month.

Do any of you limit your fat intake? or Do you just not think about it?

Does keeping a journal really help?

Thanks

Last edited by LimeGirl : Tue, Mar-27-12 at 08:50.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-12, 15:28
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi and welcome!
I don't eat high fat but I don't limit my fat intake-

the weigh ins are really a matter of preference. I like to weigh daily as a way to keep me on tract. I'd also recommend doing some basic measurements- sometimes the scale doesn't move but inches change!

The research shows that keeping a journal, especially writing down (or even photos) of your daily food does help. I would invite you to look at some of the people here who have journals and ask them.

come over and post in the Hour Power threads!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-12, 15:55

BF:

Thanks for the welcome Enomarb!
Maybe I'll consider weighing once a week instead of once a month. And I have taken my waist and hip measurements. I am exercising so I do anticipate some inch loss.

I will head on over to the Hour Power thread and join you guys.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-12, 16:32

Plan: CA/CAHHP hybrid
Stats: 157/150/140 Female 57 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

Welcome LimeGirl! I'm newish here too, but have done CA for 2+ years. To answer your questions, I used to weigh daily but now do it weekly (always at the same time on Friday mornings to minimize variations). Try different schedules and see what works for you.

I don't really limit fat intake, but I do try to strive for "good fats" (olive/peanut/canola oils, eggs in moderation, small amounts of cheese; avocados & nuts for RM) more than saturated fats (bacon, fatty cuts of steak, heavy cream, chicken skin, etc)...though I do have those things occasionally if I really want them. The CA Healthy Heart Program book explains good vs bad fats.

I can't speak to keeping a journal -- haven't tried it yet, but it seems lots of people here do.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-12, 17:48

Plan: Carbohydrate addicts
Stats: 240/186/176 Female 172
BF:
Progress: 84%

Hi Limegirl
I don't limit fats in any way, in fact I add butter/cream/sour cream to as much of my food as possible. And I eat a lot of eggs. I've been doing CAD for a year, and Ive lost 25kgs. The fat keeps you full for much longer, which makes you eat less. (And I've just had my cholesterol checked and its perfect). Its really important to change your mind set and unlearn all you know about food and the food pyramid (ie fat should be at the bottom and carbs should be at the top). The healthy heart program might just have the fat thing wrong!!
Good luck. Theres lots of info on these forums, keep reading
Cheers
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-28-12, 17:42

BF:

Thanks Lori and Rosy for the input.

I'm going to try not to over complicate this. I'll just use fat as needed but I won't go wild with it .... I LOVE butter, but I'll be sensible. I'll just stick incorporate all kinds except hydrogenated oil. My husband and I officially cut off hydrogenated oil yesterday. We will no longer purchase foods that contain it. I primarily cook with olive oil, canola oil, butter, and bacon grease. I use coconut oil or palm oil in baking (which I don't do a lot of)