Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-22-07, 16:34
Paper beats rock?!?

Plan: Atkins! (Maintenance)
Stats: 178/147.6/145 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 92%
Default Did your weight redistribute in maintenance?

Hello heroes!

I'm not nearly in maintenance yet (meaning, with the rate I usually lose at, it'll be months more... although let me say, this week has been rather amazing!), but I wanted to ask those who would know: is there any chance my weight might resettle once I start maintaining rather than losing?

I ask, because it occurs to me that if my current pattern of loss continues, I'm going to end up looking very much like a guitar.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-22-07, 23:09

Plan: Weight Loss Study
Stats: 203/134.2/130 Female 63 in
BF:
Progress: 94%

Nope, no redistribution here. I'm still proportioned the same as I was when I was heavy, except I have less in the chest. I blame that bit on nursing though.

It's a little frustrating to me because I think it makes it harder for me to appreciate how much weight I have really lost. I still have a little upper belly and a lower belly and flab under my arms. I look like the old me, only smaller.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-23-07, 10:27
Paper beats rock?!?

Plan: Atkins! (Maintenance)
Stats: 178/147.6/145 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 92%

Okay, TFJ, thanks for replying, even if you've broken my heart. *Sigh.*

Nah, just kiddin'. I've got a slight bit of flab beneath my arms (weight training is helping, though)... but the cause of my worry was my amazingly resilient hip measurement! I guess I'll just have to prepare to be fit Winslet-style instead of... erm... fit Pfeiffer-style.

It's good to know, helps me prepare myself mentally so I don't formulate unrealistic expectations. I'm sure that's about the worst thing that can happen to one's maintenance plan -- to end up at goal and be disappointed. I definitely don't want that, because it'd just be an insult to all my body's hard work!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-23-07, 14:09
Registered Member

Plan: PP/Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/137/137 Female 5'6"
BF:28%
Progress: 100%

I have definitely noticed that my mid-section is not as defined as it was when I was a little heavier, so now that you mention it, I think it *has* redistributed a little! For sure, now when I gain a couple pounds from a "deviation," it goes straight to my belly and is D*AMN hard to lose!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Aug-26-07, 07:29
Registered Member

Plan: PP
Stats: 144/115/115 Female 5ft 2in
BF:35%/22%/22%
Progress: 100%

My basic shape didn't really change - I'm not that much different from before I gained the weight (20 years ago). The one weird thing is that in my twenties I wore an A cup bra, which went up to D+ as I gained weight, and stayed at D when I lost the weight in my forties. Not that I'm complaining , but it isn't what I expected.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Sep-24-07, 21:54

Plan: Atkins/IF
Stats: 12/06/04 Female 5' 1.5
BF:
Progress: 75%

I'm much the same shape, only smaller. Exercise really helps define our shapes. I have some muscle definition where I didn't use to have any, but some of my muscle is still under the fluff. Oh, well.

Rachel