Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-11-07, 19:37
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/258/140 Female 70 in.
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Looking for a teen on atkins

Hey!
I'm from PA and looking for another teen who's doing atkins. Lemme know!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-15-07, 03:09
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 284.4/274/150 Female 5 "4
BF:
Progress: 8%

well.... Im not a teen but im only just 21... will I do?
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-15-07, 17:18
Registered Member

Stats: 194/188/120 Female 5'3"
BF:

Hi... I am not a teen either I am 20 lol !
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-16-07, 18:24
Registered Member

BF:

Hey to both of you!

Yeah, 20 and 21 are fine! I'm mature for my age, anyway! So.... How's the Atkins going? Its going good for me. I've lost like 10 lbs in a week and a half, but I can't update my profile! I don't really care though.... I'll figure it out later. But Atkins is definitely the plan for me.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Feb-16-07, 18:29
Registered Member

BF:

I havent really been doing it 100%. I wanted to wait to go full force until i went to the grocery store and got all the foods i wanted and needed. but I haven't been cutting out the breads, pastas, etc.. I plan to go to the store this weekend. So I can start 100% on monday. That is great you lost 10lbs in just a week and a half! I hope I have results like that...I find it so motivating when I see results fast or like that.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Feb-17-07, 00:52
Registered Member

Stats: 205/194/165 Male 6 feet
BF:
Progress: 28%

What's up everyone? Can a guy join? I am 19 yr. old sophomore college student. I have been doing Atkins almost 3 months and have lost 30 lbs. I guess I am no longer a rookie in this, so I can give “advice” if any of you have questions. It’s a good idea to keep in touch with people our age who are doing Atkins since we are likely to have similar experiences. Hope to have good chats here.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Feb-17-07, 16:34
Registered Member

BF:

Hey SoCal! Sure you can join! I'm just so glad people are actually posting! congrats on the 30 lbs! You probably do have some good advice for us 'rookies'

Rachel04: I know how hard Atkins can be sometimes. Don't worry, I've cheated too! But I know you can commit and do it 100%! I know I'm not going to cheat again. This could be the hypochondriac in me speaking, but I think I'm either sugar intolerant or have Celiac, which is an intolerance to a protein in grain called gluten. I'm pretty sure of this, because, the two times I have cheated I actually felt sick. I cheated yesterday- I had a day off and it is so hard for me to diet on the weekends- and I felt sick and tired the entire day. I felt gross. I was in a horrible mood and had a headache. I slept for most of the day and I'm still feeling the effects today. So, I hope I can motivate you by telling you that you will literally feel 1000x better on Atkins. Obviously, this will motivate me not to cheat, but I'm kind of worried because now I am literally afraid to eat sugar and carbs! Not because I'll gain weight, but because I get sick! Anyway, on to more happy things. I know I'll also stay on Atkins because I'm going to Costa Rica in June and I have a crush on this guy! And I really want to go to prom with him! I feel so stupid saying that- but its true!
So, good luck on Atkins! And I must say, the food really is the best. I was almost going to cheat today, but I didn't want to feel sick again. So, right now I'm going to go make a low-carb cheesecake! The food on Atkins is definitely the best. Some advice: now, whenever I want to cheat, I come here! It has really helped me. Also, look around the recipes. I've found some incredible ones, and, if you don't already know this, each recipe category has a special section that lists all the recipes suitable for induction! Good luck with everything!
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Feb-17-07, 17:33
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks for the advice smodel. Congrats on the 30 lbs loss. That is awesome. the first time I did this I lost 15 lbs in one month but i ended up not sticking to it.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Feb-17-07, 19:36
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks for the welcome. Although it doesn't really make sense, Atkins was tough to start and now it's easy. Your body gets used to the change, but playing ball (or any exercise) and eating correctly is the key. I’ve been forced to cook, which sucks, but when I eat that steak or chicken it’s so much better than the processed frozen food I would have otherwise eaten. Anyways, I am still going strong…
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Feb-17-07, 20:09
Registered Member

BF:

I don't like to cook when I'm on a diet, either. But I've found a lot of recipes here that are fast, easy, and taste good. And, I got some plain gelatin today and made a low carb cheesecake! It was so fast. There was a no-bake recipe on the back of the box and all I had to do was switch in splenda for the sugar. Just out of curiosity, what are some of your favorite recipes/
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Feb-18-07, 01:09
Registered Member

BF:

I don't have any special recipes, but the following is what I eat: In the mornings I will usually make scrambled eggs with ham or have an omelet with cheese. I keep pre-cooked bacon and sausage in the fridge too, it's so convenient. For lunch I usually grill some chicken and either make myself a "lettuce burger" with cheese, tomato, jalapenos, and mayo or just eat the chicken in a salad. Sirloin steak with grilled unions is awesome for dinner. I also keep frozen chicken wings in the freezer and low carb popsicles.

That's most of what I cook. If I want some coffee, I usually get an Iced Americano from Starbucks and add a little half and half and 2 packets of splenda. It's the best. If I want fast food, I usually get a double-double protein style from In-N-Out. Peanuts are also a good snack. What do all of you eat?
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Feb-18-07, 15:55

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 168/128/115 Female 5 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Hey everyone. I'm 18 and in my second semester of college. I just started Atkins for the second time, and it's going well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smodel
I've lost like 10 lbs in a week and a half, but I can't update my profile!

In the second green tool bar from the top of the page, click "User CP". On the left, under "Settings & Options" click "Edit Profile". Change your current weight, then scroll down and hit "Save Changes".
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Feb-18-07, 16:39
Registered Member

BF:

Hey- Thanks TimesTwo! According to my French teacher, I'm "computer retarded!" BTW- Glad the Atkins is going well.
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Feb-18-07, 21:19

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 168/128/115 Female 5 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal
I don't have any special recipes, but the following is what I eat: In the mornings I will usually make scrambled eggs with ham or have an omelet with cheese. I keep pre-cooked bacon and sausage in the fridge too, it's so convenient. For lunch I usually grill some chicken and either make myself a "lettuce burger" with cheese, tomato, jalapenos, and mayo or just eat the chicken in a salad. Sirloin steak with grilled unions is awesome for dinner. I also keep frozen chicken wings in the freezer and low carb popsicles.

That's most of what I cook. If I want some coffee, I usually get an Iced Americano from Starbucks and add a little half and half and 2 packets of splenda. It's the best. If I want fast food, I usually get a double-double protein style from In-N-Out. Peanuts are also a good snack. What do all of you eat?

Last time I started Atkins, in November, I wasn't really serious about it. I just restarted induction a few days ago, and I'm having a big salad and a large omelet everyday. I put hard-boiled eggs, 2 tablespoons of ranch dressing, and some kind of meat on it (pepperoni, chicken, steak, bacon). For my omelets I use three eggs, 1 tablespoon of butter, 1 ounce of cheese, and mushrooms or meat as a filler. I snack on hard-boiled eggs, cheese, and bacon in between meals. For my third meal, I usually have some kind of meat, like steak. Yum. I do miss my sweets, though. That craving should go away soon, though...I hope.

Last edited by TimesTwo : Sun, Feb-18-07 at 21:27.
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Feb-19-07, 01:21
Registered Member

BF:

Hey. Yeah, the cravings tend to diminish as your body gets used to the diet, but they don't go away. Now I am addicted to diet coke and splenda, but that is what keeps me from eating sugar loaded candy. It's hard to stop eating sweets, but it'll be sweet when you reach your goal. That's the way I look at it!