Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Ireland
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-03, 06:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 136/131/119 Female 5ft 6.5"
BF:2Terrified to know
Progress:
Unhappy I is new and I need help!

Hi all,

As you can tell, im a new recruit to the Atkins diet. I havent got any books on it and am just learning all the facts thru the internet. I’ve a few questions that are burning me . . .. Im on day 2 of induction and I need to know if drinking alcohol during this period is totally forbidden? Im heading out this weekend and I’d hate to think I cant get drunk! But if it really messes up induction, please let me know! Also, can we eat chewing gum? I notice the information on most sugar free gum says there is 68g of carbs per 100g. Will chewing gum put me over the limit? Also, I pigged out last nite on chicken wings (I mean really pigged out) but they’re listed at og of carbs so does that mean I’m still on track? I’m eating eggs and bacon for breakfast and I’m having tuna mayo, lettuce, peppers and egg mayo for lunch and then same again for dinner. Is this ok? I need to know if i’m on the right track guys, so if there’s anyone out there that can steer me right, I’d be very appreciative!

Caroline xxx
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jun-20-03, 07:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/220/110
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default Now theres loads of questions

OK, i shall TRY and answer as much as i can.........

Im on day 2 of induction and I need to know if drinking alcohol during this period is totally forbidden?

---Yes. Although *some* booze, like wine etc are low in carbs the body will use this as fuel (the alcohol) rather than burning fat. Sorry, you will ruin Induction....

Im heading out this weekend and I’d hate to think I cant get drunk!

---Depends on how much you have to lose? If its a small bit, a few weeks with a diet drink wont hurt ya

But if it really messes up induction, please let me know! Also, can we eat chewing gum? I notice the information on most sugar free gum says there is 68g of carbs per 100g. Will chewing gum put me over the limit?

----OH GOD YES IT WILL. Be Careful

Also, I pigged out last nite on chicken wings (I mean really pigged out) but they’re listed at og of carbs so does that mean I’m still on track?

---Yes, thats fine, indeed if there was NO SAUCE on them

I’m eating eggs and bacon for breakfast and I’m having tuna mayo, lettuce, peppers and egg mayo for lunch and then same again for dinner. Is this ok?

---Seems OK, watch the carbs though, they can be really sneaky.
Possibly add in hamburgers, and other foods so yu dont get bored.
A nice Dessert is Sugar Free Jelly and Whipped Cream!!! Yum!

This Irish Thread hardly gets anyone visiting it, so i would recommend you post in the main section......if you want more answers (but do trust me on the above)

Regards

Suff.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-03, 16:41

Plan: Schwarzbein II, BA, IS
Stats: 125.4/119.2/115 Female 5'1" small frame
BF:33% /??? / 20%?
Progress: 60%

Just another note re: the tons of chicken wings. At your weight, you CAN eat too many calories. Rule of thumb is that your calories stay between 10 - 12 time your current weight (decreasing as your weight decreases).

Current calories should be between 1260-1512.

Cheers!
Jinx

PS You will get totally wasted (drunk!) off FAR less than you think, so watch out! Plus, high carb foods look extra delicious when you're hammered. that's what I HEAR anyways...