Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-26-19, 08:34

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%
Default I dreamed I ate Cheetos last night

I dreamed I ate Cheetos last night. It was a big family size bag, and I ate half or it. I actually tasted the Cheetos in my dream. And they were good! Thankfully I got on the scale this morning like I usually do and I didn't gain an ounce. (whew!) Dream Cheetos aren't fattening.

It's weird, I haven't had a single Cheeto in over 30 years. I've never really craved them, and even when I ate junk food, they weren't one of my favorites.

I've been low carb (Atkins Induction - keto) since the first Atkins book and low-carb movement. It's been so long I really don't remember when I started. And I never-ever consciously craved Cheetos.

I wonder why I dreamed that. Is my brain trying to tell me something? There is no way I'm going out to buy some Cheetos. I don't buy that junk and I don't keep it in the house. But perhaps, a nice mature cheddar cheese? Mmmmmmmm!

Bob
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-26-19, 10:02

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

I had a similar experience a couple weeks ago dreaming I ate dark, sweetened chocolate. It was good. The first thought that I had was that I needed to get back into ketosis and begin burning fat again. That thought was part of my dream. When I awoke, I was thankful that I vicariously experienced the eating of chocolate in my dream state with no residual cravings in my awake state. I'm not a recent convert to LC either. No harm, no foul.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Dec-26-19, 10:07

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Time of year, perhaps?

I haven't had a "forbidden food dream" since the last time I was on starvation diet rations (decades, now,) and dreamed I was laying waste to the contents of a fast food joint.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Dec-26-19, 10:45

Plan: Atkins, Dr. Westman
Stats: 267/167/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 82%

Maybe you wanted something salty. I used to love cheetos too. Salty cheesy snack that was great with a diet coke Sometimes I crave a salty snack and just eat some salted peanuts or other nuts.

Anyway, at least it was a dream!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Dec-26-19, 11:02

BF:

I want salt I eat salt. 😂
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Dec-27-19, 08:32

BF:

I mix roasted salted nuts with roasted unsalted nuts, so I get slightly salted food. I find if I eat too much salt I hold water weight.

So it wasn't salt.

Perhaps it's the holiday season, seeing all the admittedly delicious desserts and the parties I'm playing at, but not tasting them even though we are invited to take some.

If so, why Cheetos? It's weird. When I was a bag of snack junk person it was Fritos, or potato chips chased with Welch's grape juice.

Plus I seldom remember my dreams, fewer than one per month.

No, I'm not going crazy trying to figure it out. But if I'm going to taste forbidden fruit in my dreams again, I'd like it to be my sister-in-law's pecan pie (she makes the best pecan pie in the world) or my deceased mother's lasagna (she made the best lasagna in the world).

So for dinner yesterday I had some Swiss Swiss, Australian Cheddar, Scottish Cheddar, and Italian Parmesan followed by some semi-salted mixed nuts. Quick, easy, filling, and I usually lose weight when I make that my main meal. Lost half a pound. So I can have bacon today, which due to the salt makes me hold water, and gain the half pound back

Bob-a-rama
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Dec-27-19, 09:01

BF:

Dream language is very personal, Bob. What you need to ask yourself is, What do Cheerios mean to ME?

My own first thought was "childhood" since it was common to park a small child in a high chair and throw some Cheerios on the tray for them to amuse themselves with while a mother dealt with other things. These "finger foods" were touted as a child's first way of feeding themselves with less mess.

Are you a singer? Are you word oriented? If so, "cheer" might be the operative message, and using such a symbol would be your dream-mind's way of conveying the concept.

Quote:
I actually tasted the Cheetos in my dream. And they were good!

It might not be about food at all, since they didn't taste "this good" in real life. Perhaps it is a way of getting you thinking about something that you've placed "off the table" but whatever it is, it wants back on?

I had a dream last night: I've got the holidays off work, but in my dream I went back and found my office, normally shared by four people, expanded to mall size, filled with merchandise, and covered with cameras.

High anxiety!

I think it was sparked by my deep sympathy for retail workers this time of year: crowds, pressured people crankier than usual, long hours, and that horrible Christmas music... I decided I would feel less stress about going back to work. Because the dream is right.

My situation could be worse.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Dec-28-19, 08:19

BF:

I am a singer and multi-instrumentalist, and that's what I do to make a living.

But I'm not all that word oriented. When I was younger, before I started singing (just playing sax, guitar, drums, bass, etc.) the words to a song were simply articulations without meaning. Later when I decided to learn to sing I learned the lyrics to get the meaning of the song so I could express it properly, but when singing the words were just articulation again.

What do Cheetos mean to me? I can't figure that one out. I've never had strong feelings for or against them. They were an OK snack food to eat but if I went into a store to buy a bag of junk food, I wouldn't have chose them.

The fact that I was happy in the dream is probably a good sign. I was enjoying them, but after about a half big bag I decided that eating the entire bag in one sitting was probably not good for my weight, so I folded the top down for later.

Bob
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Dec-28-19, 10:23

BF:

Probably the best outcome!
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Dec-28-19, 14:05

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Bob, for what its worth, long ago in a vivid dream I enjoyed a cigarette. It felt real. It was delightful. When I awoke.. it scared the he...ll out of me. Not long after, while at a bar with a friend, she offered me a smoke. I took it, looked at, remembered the enjoyment.....and gave it back to her.

Im terrified one smoke will lead to another.

But it sure was a delight in that dream.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-19, 04:22

BF:

And look at my comments: I kept reading "Cheetos" as "Cheerios." That's my unconscious, somewhere
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-19, 06:16
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

In my last carb binge dream, I was eating pie. Apple and cherry. Both. I don't even like pie!!

Maybe it was a McDonalds-as-a-child thing, but why didn't I dream about the things I actually like, ie the fries and burger?
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-19, 10:35

BF:

I don't know what I would choose for a carb binge. I've been LC for so long I don't know if I were to pick one food, what would satisfy that the most.

It certainly wouldn't be Cheetos (or Cheerios either).

In any case until you mentioned it, I never even think of doing that, and I won't start now.

There are plenty of other things to enjoy in life that are good for me.

Bob
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-19, 15:16

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Honestly, a real carb binge will not be as tastey as the dream version. Low carbing changes something.

For example. At Family Christmas party two favirite deserts on the table. These aee homemade , tried and true family favorites for decades. I sampked a few, then binged. Just didnt taste as good as I remember, either one.

Next year wont be a problem. Reality felt waaaay short of the memory.
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-19, 07:08

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
Honestly, a real carb binge will not be as tastey as the dream version. Low carbing changes something.

For example. At Family Christmas party two favirite deserts on the table. These aee homemade , tried and true family favorites for decades. I sampked a few, then binged. Just didnt taste as good as I remember, either one.

Next year wont be a problem. Reality felt waaaay short of the memory.

SO happily true.

On Thanksgiving and Christmas Day we went to a buffet, and I had seafood, cheese, and meat. A tiny portion of pureed sweet potato, and some homemade cranberry sauce. Each time I had half a portion of dessert.

It tasted good, but I stopped when it became "eh." And I had no desire to seek it out again.

I think that's what being well-nourished does for me. I have become a person who can "take or leave" a treat, and I usually leave it, since the risk of being glutened is totally not worth it.