Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Thu, May-21-15, 15:04

Plan: Very Low Carb
Stats: 312/235/185 Male 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 61%
Default 6 months since low carb -- blood tests

Hi. Dennis here. Just running some numbers by more experienced members. I have been doing a very low carb program for just at 6 months now. I've lost 85 pounds to date.

In comparing my blood tests today with Nov. 14th blood tests I saw some differences. My LDL has risen from 111 back in Nov. to 127 now. I think I have read here on the forums that high fat / low carb eating will lead to higher numbers in the short run but for most people they tend to lower over time -- is that correct? I also have read that rapid weight loss can lead to incresed LDL numbers. How long should I expect these high numbers or is this abnormal? My non LDL Chol went from 141 to 146. Vldl went from 30 to 19. Whatever CA is it went up a bit (from a 8.3 to a 8.8) NA went from 138 to 141.

My AST / SGOT was low -- 8 back in Nov. but has risen to 10 now. The way I read this is low numbers can indicate magnesium deficiency. Is that correct? My trigylicerides dropped from 149 to 95 in that time. My vldl dropped from 30 to 19 -- Is this the good collestrerol? My chol / Hdl ration went from 4.44 to 4.24 which is still high I guess but better.

My fasting glocose was flagged as low at 73 but I started back Intermittent fasting so I'm not worried. (Better than my Nov. 14th reading of 171) My A1C went up a bit -- In march it was a 4.9 and today it was a 5.1 but I did have surgury in the middle of April.

As I said any advice or observations would be appreciated. This can be rather confusing.

Thanks

Dennis

Last edited by Whited : Thu, May-21-15 at 16:37.
Sponsored Links