Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#121   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-05, 13:32

Plan: LC..own
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5 feet 11inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

bb6339.....Thanks for all your info in recent posts.....i needed to read that too!
I stayed te same this morning but don't feel hungry at allso thats great.
4cats1hous you are doing wonderfull! Congrats on reaching your next goal! That's great setting mini goals like that.Iam going to chart my progress so can see how I go.Keep up the good work all
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-05, 16:08

Plan: atkins diet
Stats: 346/218/150 Female 5'4''
BF:
Progress: 65%
Default Hi there

Hi there. Today is day two for me. I think I only lose 1 pound. My concern is being into ketosis. I feel that once you are in ketosis that the weight will melt off. I will continue to post.
  #123   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-05, 17:09

BF:

2fat: Hi ,yeah i know what u mean.I haven't really been showing as in ketosis last few days but I do know that I am not at all hungrty and drinking heaps of water so it has got to work..i just need to be patient and persevere!We always want the weight to disappear too quick!!But i often think, well it weight doesn't just creep on you overnight so guess it takes alittle while to 'fall' off too I am being everso good,well I think so!Only protein .Dunno how loig will stay on the meat eggs;will just go day by day and see what seems best. Keep at it and I'll try too!
  #124   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-05, 17:25

BF:
Default Can't seem to workout how to change weight chart

Hello again....cam someone please help me?
I can't work out how to plot my progress on weight chart.I want to be able to plot my progress from 301 to 299 on my weight chart so I can see where I am going! Thanks
  #125   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-05, 17:29

Plan: atkins
Stats: 225/162/149 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:
Progress: 83%

I had bacon and eggs for breakfast, and 2 meatpatties with cheese for lunch. I was not TRYING to start the meat/egg fast, just didnt get my veggies at lunch today. However, now I am wondering if I could not just have some chicken or something for supper and count today as Day 1? I am at 800 calories and 3g carbs for the day. I would be willing to give this 3-4 day to see how it works.
  #126   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-05, 18:18

Plan: Atkins & Weight Watchers
Stats: 321/226/180 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 67%

Hi liana!
The only thing you need to cut out would be the cheese for the egg/meat fast...everything else sounded great!
  #127   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-05, 21:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/235/130 Female 5'6
BF:42%/37%/20%
Progress: 0%

Okay, I know I am probably becoming annoying now if I haven't alredy been to some of you. Today I had 4 eggs total and 4 pieces of pork loin cooked on foreman w/ adobo seasoning. 0 carbs there but, I have questions I used hot sauce. It was too dry and I also had about 15 pieces of pizza sliced pepperoni. ( I was at my mothers all day and that was the only thing I saw to eat. I hope that it was okay. Please let me know. I have been on for three days and have lost one pound and it's funny I don't know if this has anything to do with this but, TOM is late by 6 days and I have my tubes tide anyone else have this problem? When I first started excersizing I noticed light bleeding in the begininng about a week after but, only lasted one day. I am getting a little concerned. Thanks for the support.TIA
  #128   ^
Old Wed, Mar-02-05, 01:16

Stats: 314.5/295.5/200 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 17%

Hi All
I am going to start this fast tomorrow and go through to Friday. I will let youall know how I do. i am just desperate to get out of the 300 lb mark. i know it is psychological but that number just freaks me out and I want to be as far away from it as quickly as possible. I have been on Atkins the past week and a half and will resume normal eating on Saturday because thsfast just seems to extreme.

314.5/300/250
  #129   ^
Old Wed, Mar-02-05, 04:15

BF:
Smile Hi there!

hi. I was 308 and have just slipped down to 299 and have along way to go. But I am feeling really good and not at all hungry. Drinking heaps of water tho. So we are gonna do this together aren't we!? We ARE going to succeed!! Goodluck with your weightloss!
See you again soon.
  #130   ^
Old Wed, Mar-02-05, 05:10
Registered Member

Plan: My Version of M/E
Stats: 284/000/140 Female 65 inches
BF:54%/49.5%/25%
Progress: 197%

Ok, I'm back from Hong Kong ( a vacation with hubby and we ate whatever we wanted) and starting the meat/egg fast tomorrow. I think it may take me a while since I've been eating hideously for the last month. That is over now and I'm getting back on track. I'll report in and let you all know how it goes. Thanks for the inspiration!
  #131   ^
Old Wed, Mar-02-05, 08:13

Stats: 256/246.8/170 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default It was worth the wait

Hi guys,

Well, I weighed in this morning and lost another pound, making it a total of 4 pounds since starting the fast (in 4 days). I can live with this. I won't do more than a week because I think it's extreme. I'm doing this until Saturday morning, at which time I will weigh in and see what I've done in a week.
I must say that I did not find this too difficult. By limitting myself to only eggs and meat, my cravings have disappeared. I think I can go back to induction and it will be better than before.
The only indulgence I've had in the past 4 days, was my diet cream soda crush (sweetened with splenda, of course) and some 0 carb breath mints (very necessary).
I'm drinking at least 96oz of water everyday. I'm not testing my Ketones, I don't think I have to. I can tell that my body is expelling Keytones.
I feel good and am happy that my weight is moving again, in the right direction. This was just what I needed and I am thankful to have found this thread.
I will report on Saturday on my weekly and final result of the fast.
Good luck to all,
Scully
  #132   ^
Old Wed, Mar-02-05, 08:15

Plan: Low-Carb
Stats: 212/193/175 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 51%
Default Morning!

Well, I'm down 1-1/2 lbs today.

I have made it into the 210's (16.5 lbs gone). I have not been there for at least a year.

My stomach is still sore from the other night of cramps from the Milk Thistle. I will NEVER take that stuff again.

Will try to write later.

Have a good day.

Marcia
  #133   ^
Old Wed, Mar-02-05, 08:49

Stats: 280/196.5/160 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 70%

You all have encouraged me to give this a whirl. I will keep you informed of the weight loss...keeping fingers crossed for that. Just had breakfast with two eggs and some more meat and eggs for lunch. Do you all do the five small meals a day or three meals?

Thanks,
K
  #134   ^
Old Wed, Mar-02-05, 11:21

Stats: 299/270/175 Female 5ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Everyone is doing so good!!!

A big Welcome to glmglb, can't wait to see how you do!

4scully- awesome job you are doing great !!!

4cats1hous- teh constipation will go away make sure you drink lots of water, my mothers DR. (actually a DR who is doing Atkins her self, smart lady) told her that constipation is caused by CARBS, and I personally have noticed that if I don' eat carbs and limit the amount of the "net carbs" items I don't get Constptd

5cats- When I first did the meat egg fast last week I was starving constantly and ate 5 huge meals for like three days and now I eat like maybe 3 small meats
  #135   ^
Old Wed, Mar-02-05, 11:44

Stats: 280/196.5/160 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 70%

Thanks for the info. How much have you lost and how long have you been doing the meat and egg fast? I thought I'd try for the three days and go from there. I think I am in ketosis now, but I had read that you may have to go five days if you were higher in carbs.

Thanks,
Kristine
Closed Thread