Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#46   ^
Old Tue, Feb-22-05, 21:49

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 198/175/158 Female 5'10"
BF:I am 5'10" tall
Progress: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQueen
Is there anyone else doing this at all?

I started it 2 days ago and when I weighed myself this morning I had lost 5 lbs so far. I will test myself with the test strips to see if I am back in ketosis. Even if I am I plan on staying with this fast for a few more days at the very least.

GQ

I want to do that, I just got so weak............ Gina
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, Feb-22-05, 22:20
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 195/158/145 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 74%

If you are doing a meat/egg fast, do you continue to take multivitamins?
  #48   ^
Old Tue, Feb-22-05, 22:40

Plan: WOW Rx
Stats: 435/390/265 Male 70"
BF:
Progress: 26%

I'd imagine you'd have to.

It's a good idea to take supplements no matter what. You're body needs the nutrients, even if they're not coming from food.
  #49   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-05, 05:13

Plan: My own
Stats: 248/232/138 Female 171cm
BF:
Progress:

I am going to try this. I have stalled and I only started two weeks ago. I lost 4 pounds overnight on low carb, and have gone up and down ever since. I still weigh the same.
  #50   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-05, 11:01

Stats: 275/235/160 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 35%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipid
I use a version of this that I call extreme induction....it works well for me and I stay on it up to 2 weeks at a time.

I eat no more than 5 'net' carbs a day and I do drink coffee, Diet Rite and Fruit 2 0....I use the little 9/32 single serving size containers of Land O' Lakes half & half that I get in a big box at Sam's Club and they are 0.4 carbs each....the only veggie I really use is chopped raw spinach for salads...my fav spinach salad is loaded with roasted turkey (fresh homemade turkey is best...nothing is added to it) and then crumbled bacon and Kraft Carb Well French dressing (2 T.) and Kraft Carb Well Italian dressing (1 T.)...this salad is truly delicious!

One more thing....I don't go over 1200 calories when I am on this (and rarely any other time as well)....some days my calories are lower than this even because I lose my appetite quite a bit....eating 2-3 ounces of raw spinach a day helps keep things 'moving'...and also makes it much more 'doable' for me.

I count all carbs and now use the MY PLAN feature of this website.... for me the carbs in eggs count too....I am glad coffee has been found to be truly zero carb as this really helps me stick with this as well....the coffee doesn't spike my blood sugar or cause cravings for me, so I really enjoy it!

so the spinach salads are for dinner, what does breakfast and lunch look like for you, including your snacks and drinks. i could tolerate this for a few days and get my exercise in without a fainting spell. thanks!
  #51   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-05, 13:19

Plan: Low carb/Keto
Stats: 335/334/200 Male 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 1%

I just got thru the 24 hrs of meat and eggs fast...I happened to weight myself and did lose 3 lbs...( I passed my sticking point ).....
I will do this for 2 days and see how it goes..

Joe
  #52   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-05, 13:37
Round 2

Plan: RNY & LowCarb
Stats: 270/180/160 Female 5'10
BF:sz 24/sz16/sz8
Progress: 82%

Day 2 for me.. same weight, same energy level, a little less of an appetite though. I'm planning on sticking with it until Saturday, that'll give me 5 days in.
  #53   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-05, 14:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/270/175 Female 5ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 23%

Ok I have no appetite suppression going on, am I doing something wrong? or is this good? I am eating in the morning and eating at lunch and then want a snack in the afternoon and then dinner. It could be the difference that I would force myself to eat meals and now I want/ need to eat I feel starved, but only if it has been awhile since I ate, like hours, yesterday I felt like I ate and then ate somemore right away b/c I was growling. but there was about 2 hours in between and i had been to the gym, so same as today! but I am not complaining I just want to make sure I am doing ok since the scale hasn't changed! I have been using MY PLAN to logg everything!
  #54   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-05, 21:05

Plan: Low carb / high Protein
Stats: 290/238/215 Male 6ft 2inc
BF:18.92
Progress: 69%

This sounds great never herd of it. So all you do is eat Eggs and Meat can you eat only eggs and Bacon I guess that is meat but it is hard to find Bacon with out some carbs in it ? how about the turkey bacon ? I want to try this but do not want to mess it up what do most of you eat ? I now eggs but what is the best meat that works for all of you ?
  #55   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-05, 21:06

Stats: 198/175/158 Female 5'10"
BF:I am 5'10" tall
Progress: 57%
Unhappy

Well the meat and egg fast lasted a few hours for me. take care, Gina
  #56   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-05, 21:14

Plan: low carb
Stats: 200/000/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I am in day 2 of a 3 day meat/egg fast experiment. I haven't been able to lose anything significant for months and am hoping this shakes things up. No scale change this morning but will stick it out for at least another day and hope for some good results. I will check back in here and let you know!
  #57   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-05, 21:25
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I thought if you ate more protein than your body actually needs, it can convert the excess to glucose via glucogenesis? WOuldn't that kind of defeat the purpose of cutting the carbs so severely?

<going back to minding my own business>
  #58   ^
Old Thu, Feb-24-05, 04:02

Plan: LC..own
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5 feet 11inches
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Wow I really am losing!!!

Hi there everyone.
I am new to all this posting and not really very confident about posting replies and havent had the courage to make a journal yet! Not quite sure eventhough I have read about it. I am very interested to read and share in what you all are doing. I Started last sun and doing the meat and eggs fast.
Monday I lost 1 lbs and then tuesday lost 3 lbs, wednesday I lost 5 lbs and today up to 9 lbs!! Even though you cant really notice it I can feel it so it kindof is abit of a kick start which I really did need!! I have sooooooooo much to lose!!But when I read of all the other success stories out there it is very encouraging.I just want to thank those who have already taken time to help me out and get me started. I did end up buying the Atkins book so hope to begin with that tomorrow. I have had enough meat and eggs!good luck everyone!
  #59   ^
Old Thu, Feb-24-05, 06:13
Round 2

Plan: RNY & LowCarb
Stats: 270/180/160 Female 5'10
BF:sz 24/sz16/sz8
Progress: 82%

morning of day 3.. no change yesterday menu: scrambled eggs and bacon, tuna, and a hamburger patty for dinner.. 1 hardboiled egg

*shrugs*
  #60   ^
Old Thu, Feb-24-05, 08:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/270/175 Female 5ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 23%

WOW I got on the scale this morning and 4 I think I can't remember what it was before , it is either three or four, thats awesome for me.

Snookie- welcome and don't be afraid to post, the best way to get a quick answer is to post a question, good luck to you, this woe LC is the BEST!!!
Closed Thread