Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#76   ^
Old Fri, Feb-25-05, 01:21

Plan: HCG
Stats: 28/22/16 Female 72 inches
BF:yes
Progress: 50%

Yeah. After reading this thread, I tried the meat fast today. I had way too much protein, I think. And I came closer to an unplanned cheat than I ever have. I actually had the chocolate covered cheesecake in my hands and was removing it from the refrigerator when I suddenly came to my senses and slammed the refrigerator door.

I also caught myself lovingly gazing at my extensive cheese collection. Sigh.

I'll stick with it one more day, mainly because it has been such an eye opener. I think I've been eating too much dairy, and the processed foods have been a little too prevalent as of late.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Fri, Feb-25-05, 05:41
Round 2

Plan: RNY & LowCarb
Stats: 270/180/160 Female 5'10
BF:sz 24/sz16/sz8
Progress: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadge
I actually had the chocolate covered cheesecake in my hands and was removing it from the refrigerator when I suddenly came to my senses and slammed the refrigerator door.

Now THAT'S willpower! Good for you.
  #78   ^
Old Fri, Feb-25-05, 09:35

Plan: Low carb / high Protein
Stats: 290/238/215 Male 6ft 2inc
BF:18.92
Progress: 69%

Yes I must agree with Jiggerz , Gadge that is great will power keep it up !!!!!!
  #79   ^
Old Fri, Feb-25-05, 10:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/270/175 Female 5ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 23%

I doon't know if I could have passed on the Cheesecake, good job!!
  #80   ^
Old Fri, Feb-25-05, 10:09

Plan: low carb
Stats: 200/000/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%

3 days on the meat/egg fast and I am down 4 pounds! They were the very same pounds I gained with TOM so don't know if I am even or ahead. I will repeat the experiment next week to find out - stay tuned.
  #81   ^
Old Fri, Feb-25-05, 10:41

Plan: Low carb/Keto
Stats: 335/334/200 Male 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 1%

Just completed 3 days - total lost 4 lbs--did not loose anything the last 24 hrs.......
  #82   ^
Old Fri, Feb-25-05, 13:39

Thanks guys! Yeah, that was a rough day. It's a little easier today, and I feel like I'm savoring everything I put in my mouth just a little more--my eggs, the butter they're cooked in, my watery flavorless steak, my fabulous one cup o' joe. Even my bottled water.

Fascinating. I'll have to do this meat/egg fast regularly.
  #83   ^
Old Fri, Feb-25-05, 17:30

Plan: Atkins & Weight Watchers
Stats: 321/226/180 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 67%

Isn't that funny...when I do the egg/meat fast....I don't crave the bad stuff..I crave the cheese..the salsa..the mayo...mushrooms...it's almost like I'm cheating when I get to have my cheese again! hee hee..hhmm..well, I thought it was humorous!
  #84   ^
Old Fri, Feb-25-05, 18:36

Plan: Low GI/cal
Stats: 254.1/232.5/132 Female 164 cm
BF:
Progress: 18%

Hi everyone,

I've read all the posts and have decided I want in on this meat and egg fast. Have to be tomorrow though as it is already 10:35 am here and I have had some carbs.....Will post in around 3 days and let you all know how I go!
  #85   ^
Old Sat, Feb-26-05, 01:06

Default day two--ending report--sorry for the babblingb

MUCH easier today! I had very little food throughout the am/pm. Hooked up with the fam, and went shopping. Bought my niece some frozen yogurt at a place that does "mix ins". Big crowd; we were there for 20+ minutes, the whole time they were pushing creamy little samples. I had no desire.

Friends called and we all went for dinner at an Italian restaurant--bane of low carbers everywhere! It was easy! Everyone had giant bowls of pasta in front of them and I was happy with a big plank of salmon with a little garlic aioli. Even the crusty bread and olive oil did not beckon.

Since I was technically at 23 hours from when I started the meat fast, I decided to take advantage of the chef and eat the spinach and half of the simple (yummy) salad that came with. I stayed well under induction.

I am one day in front of my TOM--when I usually end up eating anything low carb that crosses my PATH--so I am astonished, and I am a believer. And I feel GREAT! Which is odd, w/o much excersize. I hope to work this into my diet on a regular basis. I probably won't do more that 2 or 3 days at a time.

Cheesecake update: In my mind, it turned back into a harmless lump on the 3rd shelf again. Grabbed my water and closed the door tonight.

-gadge
  #86   ^
Old Sat, Feb-26-05, 02:34

Plan: LC..own
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5 feet 11inches
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Meat and eggs.....coffee

Hi all........no loss for me today cos i been naughty!
Am REALLY seriously serious now tho. Can someone please enlighten me....while doing the meat and eggs fast, does it slow or stop ketosis to have cream in your coffee??????Thanks.
  #87   ^
Old Sat, Feb-26-05, 03:05

Plan: LC..own
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5 feet 11inches
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Whoops forgot to ask also....

Hi folks ,forgot to say in my last post.........
What about the yummy skin on roast chicken, is that permissable in meat and eggs fast
  #88   ^
Old Sat, Feb-26-05, 08:52
Registered Member

Plan: LOW CARB
Stats: 207/204.0/140 Female 5ft 6in
BF:
Progress: 4%

I want to thank everyone for this thread!!!!
Ive been doing the fast for 3 days now and Im 8 pounds down. My weight had gone up to 225 and rising... and then I saw this Thread ...this morning I weighed in at 216.5!!!! so I am very very happy its a great tool.
Ive been sticking to just meat and eggs a little mayo about 1 tbsp and just water to drink though today I think I will have plain tea.
So again THANK YOU!!!
  #89   ^
Old Sat, Feb-26-05, 10:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 275/187/165 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 80%
Default It worked for me!

I was planning on doing the meat/egg fast last week and came down with bronchitis. I was living on cough drops and antibiotics so I put it off.
So...I did it this week! Started Monday with a plan to follow through for 5 full days. Easy while at work! Well, I managed to make it through Thursday. I had the absolute "Week from Hell" this week. Without going into particulars, I had to be three people, Den Mother, problem solver, etc. with a reduced staff. Normally 10 people, I was down to 6-in the bank-right after one of the busiest Holiday weekends in Tahoe. I'm OK now...that nervous tic should go away on its own (LOL).
Anyway, I digress. I did stick to the fast for the 4 days and I lost a total of 5-6 pounds. My scale is a little flaky so I am not positive of the amount but I am pleased at any loss. I hope this will jump-start the continued loss. As mentioned before, I am planning a visit to my son and his family in Mexico City in April and I hope to be down another 10-15 pounds by then.
Just thought I would share my success. And wish continued success to all here on the forum.
You are all my helpers and my guiding lights on this journey to better health. What a fantastic bunch you are!!

Karen in Tahoe

#90   ^
Old Sat, Feb-26-05, 11:23

Plan: PSMF 1/1/5
Stats: 268/228/155 Male 66"
BF:48/39/12
Progress: 35%

You are all doing great and I don't want to deter you from continuing but will add my experience with an ultra-low carb, low protein WOE.

Each and every time I begin my WOE, I drop a lot of "weight", the first week. This time I lost 8 pounds of weight the first week but only 4 pounds the second week. The total average for 56 days is 3.5 pounds per week.

It is highly likely that the majority of the initial loss is water, sorry

If you continue the meat and egg fast for a month or two, then it is more like Atkin's induction, correct? And the loss should be bodyfat

Last edited by RDW : Sat, Feb-26-05 at 11:51.
Closed Thread