Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Ireland
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-23-03, 05:54
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 143/131/126 Female 64inches
BF:22.7
Progress: 71%
Thumbs up Just saying hello

Hi

I have only joined yesterday, I didn't realise there was an irish section. I have read all your journals and you seem to be doing really well.

I started low car in March it is very slow going I have only lost five pounds and have stuck to the atkins rules but I do like a few glassed of white wine (about 4 glasses a week).

Siobhan
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-23-03, 15:24

Plan: M&E no cheese no cream
Stats: 286/277.8/175 Female 170 cms
BF:130/126.1/80 KILO
Progress: 7%

Hi Siobhan!
Welcome here, it's great that you joined, you will find a lot of support and tips here!
The best way to go is indeed to visit some journals, and start one yourself. people can then come and visit and give you tips if you need them
Which Atkins rules do you follow? Did you go through induction without the wine? If not, I'd try that for a week or two and then gradually try and introduce the wine again. I don't drink myself, so I don't rememer what he writes about it exactly, but I think you should try and postpone alcohol a bit longer, because your body will react to it very strongly and it may indeed stop you from losing weight!

Have fun
Willeke
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-26-03, 03:29
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 143/131/126 Female 64inches
BF:22.7
Progress: 71%

Hi Willeke,

Thanks for your reply, I have tried to cut out the wine I did cut it out for induction and lost 4 pounds. I have started entering my daily food into fitday and am no at 137lbs it's very slow but every time I get tempted I weigh myself and that puts me off eating choclate.

Siobhan
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-26-03, 05:47

Plan: M&E no cheese no cream
Stats: 286/277.8/175 Female 170 cms
BF:130/126.1/80 KILO
Progress: 7%

Hi Siobhan,
Fortunatekly you don't need to lose a lot of weight, that makes a difference!
When I really really really need a chocolate-fix, I take 100 ml of cream and whip that with some sweetener and a teaspoon of cocoa - works wonders! and is low in carbs!

Willeke