Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 10:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207/174/145 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 53%
Default Coffee causing Plateau

Ive been sitting here scatching my head trying to figure out why Ive been plateauted so long .I no what it is but now its time to admit it!! Flavored Butterscotch Coffee 3 cups a day along with 12 Pks splenda & heavy cream every day since November Ive also been tired since then & have cravings real bad for carbs.Ive been sticking to my Diet with the ocasional LC cheat so it has to be Coffee.Anyone else want to Kick there addiction to Coffee with me ??Come on theres gotta be others out there stalled or plateaued that have a hard time admiting its there Coffee they love so much!!!Its time to say Im a Coffee Aholic!!! & Break this Plateau!!!!Anyone with me??I cut back to a cup today tomorrow Im going Cold turkey.I gotta break this plateau I still got 19 pnds to loose plus the 5 pnds of water weight Ive had since two weeks ago.

??? for the Experts Does Caffiene free Coffee effect Insulin too?I dont think I wanna go there it would just still yet keep me craving coffee.

Im obviuosly one of those that react to Caffiene.Welp heres to a New start Caffiene free!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 11:42

Plan: atkins
Stats: 275/255/180 Female 5 foot 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 21%
Thumbs up

hey mel, ive been waiting for my coffee can to empty...had bought the 1 kg bag just before i started introduction,i love coffee usally drink 8 to 10 cups aday...with cream..was going to buy decaf today to change...now what brand is best tasting? dont think i could go cold turkey....but ill start with coffee only in the morning...and herb tea at night...dont take cream in tea...that should drop my coffee to half. ill be watching for your posts...heard you get with drawls going cold turkey!!! no screaming......he he
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 12:21

BF:

Ive quit Cold turkey before Actually when I first started Atkins over a year ago I did.Its only bad two days & I only get a headache that nothing takes away.I take MetaboDS once a day which has a stimulant in it buts its no Caffiene & it never has stalled me think If I need it I'll take those to get me through withdrawls there easier to not take then coffee.I also thought about tea.I started a 48 hr meat fast today to really get things in gear..Goodluck Kicken the Coffee!!!!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 16:17

BF:

mel ,i just viewed your web site...what a good job you have done~! I grew up on vancouver island....the pictures of the red cedars reminded me of home...been a while since ive been back...question for you...were you drinking decafe?i have only been on dr atkins for 19 days now and have lost 12..any advise you can give me would be great....im a chef...so im around food most of my day ..considered giving up my trade...because of my weight...but reading karens story..and a few others i decided what would it hurt to try a new diet,????well its the best 1 ive been on....and with spring here...well..i feel very incuraged...mel you are so close to your goal!!!!stay focused....be a pal and we `ll both do well!!!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 16:46

BF:

I changed my stats My goal weight was 135 but everyones convincing me Id be toooo skinny so Im going to heed there advice Im pretty tall 5"8 so I can look thinner at a higher weight. 12 pounds in 19 days is real Great it sounds like your right on track!Since your a chef this will be a fun venture for yourself I love to cook & make up new recipies.I was drinking real Coffee but Im not going to drink Decaf because it would just make me want the real macoy. Have you started your journal yet?? If not do so ASAP it really helps keep you on the right track..Everyone on this board is great!!I still have a hard time believing its been over a year...One Big Advice I will give you I no it will come the Big Day you just have to cheat I waited tell I had been on the plan 4 months & Had a few cheats on the weekend diciplining myself that come monday back to induction.Any time I cheat I wait tell the weekend.& I never cheat on My old offenders!!!!Havnt had pasta in over a year.Visit my journal sometime & you can read My journey..I got to go for now but I'll be back....
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-03, 14:02

BF:

hi mel, read thur most of your journal...man have you suck with it!!theres lots of tips to gather there ..im planning on starting my journal tonight ...have lots of running around to do hair appointments ,kids to the pool....pick up husband.....and so on i start this program because of my older sis is doing it ..shes short and has a lot less to loose but...she keeps falling off....and its like owell ...i get flustrated for her!!! but finding this site has helped so much because there is people out here that are really focused.....i see you went through that with hubby.....talk to later sammi
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-03, 14:03

BF:

i ment (stuck with it)!!!!!!
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-03, 19:44

BF:

Its been very Ruff at times but its been well worth it!! I had the worst Headache today & Im moody but No Coffeee & I was down two of those pnds I had gained 3 more to go tell Im back at 153 I have a feelin those will be off by Monday Then maybe I'll drop some extra I hope so Id love to get to 150 !!! Yes I went through a time with DH he really had a hard time trusting me once I lost weight but Now I think Ive proved to him My Love & devotion no matter what I look like. DH has lost 31 pnds in the last two months just from taking 10,000mlg Vitamin C a day.I take 4,000 mlg a day but hasnt done nothing for me yet.. Im really excited to see if breaking the coffee habit will break this stall.You'll see its very encouraging to keep a journal you can look back & see where something helped you before or see what food might be causing a stall. Well gotta go wer e going to barbq...
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-03, 18:16

Stats: 214/193/? Male 6'
BF:15/10/...
Progress: 106%

hi...interested to hear about your coffee tales...im considering weaning off coffee also. i drink 2 - 12 oz mugs per day, each with a splenda sweetner and cream. totals up to about 9 carbs.

thought id cut my coffee 50-50 with decaff and go from there. i lost 14 lbs or so in the 1st two weeks, but things have been slow since...maybe the coffee is slowing the weight loss. im usually under 20 carbs per day...so im searching for answers.

thks!
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-03, 23:35

BF:

Another Day With no Coffee no weightloss to report yet.Had a headache today again & moody Im sure I'll feel better in a day or two & it will be worth it.I switched to Herbal Chamomile tea.I need something hot to drink to take my Vitamins..I'll keep ya all posted!!!!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Feb-24-03, 10:02

BF:

morning mel, ive switched to 50% decafe and only have cream in the first 1...ive increased my water to 4 lts aday...and find now that my coffee has gone from 8 mugs aday to about 3....2 in the morning an 1 at night...its like my body is saying WOE...COFFEE OR WATER IM NOT TAKING MUCH MORE....HEE HEE.... sammi
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Feb-24-03, 17:13

BF:

Your doing Great Sammi!!!Keep it up & you'll be loosing weight so fast you'll disapear lolol!!!Another day no Coffee still got that headache thow its not as bad.Im drinking herbal tea now its caffiene free & just about carb free to.Hoping to see that scale budge soon.Im so sick of this plateau!!!!Everyone thinks My bodies happy at 153 & it wont go no lower but I no that thow it may be happy here I was 140 5.5 yrs ago so I no I can get there again!!!!!!I need to start walking again when the weather gets better...Welp gotta go...
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 08:32

Stats: 214/193/? Male 6'
BF:15/10/...
Progress: 106%

ive started drinking decaff coffee 50% with regular...after two days no real side effects...BUT maybe a coincidence, down about 2 lbs on the scale...i guess i'll stick with it and see what happens at weeks end...

good luck
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 08:50

BF:

HI MEL AND THE FOTH....i have been feeling a little more tired now that i have cut my coffee 50% to decafe. but the good news im down a pound now ..but increasing my water intake to 4 lts may have done the trick...its going to be hard to pass timmis....thats a place like your star bucks...going on a road trip today after work...must remember to pack my goodies...going for a 2 hour hike...whis me luck ......hope your head- ache is gone to day mel....day (4)? sammi
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 11:49
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Smile Hi all

I've been caffeine free for a while now but I wanted to share somethings with you.
I had caffeine withdrawals for 2 weeks. Much longer than carb withdrawals. Drink lots of water, this helps alot also try and regulate your sleep. (get your 8 hours in)

After you are off caffeine, you have to be careful, you become sensitive to caffeine. I drank a cup of expresso after a month of no caffeine and I made my heart beat too fast and I fainted!
I can feel my heart race alittle even with Chocolate, Excedrin and even decaf coffee (but not all).

On the good side: You will be sleeping much better, anxiety goes down, you aren't as dehydrated, and morning you wake more well.. awake

I will tell you this you don't want to go back to caffeine for its not fun coming off of it again.
Best of wishes to you all. and yes, this does help prevent stalls.