Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Thu, Dec-17-15, 20:46

Plan: Banting
Stats: 150/132/132 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Good to see you again, and glad to hear the LC lifestyle is working for you!
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Thu, Dec-17-15, 21:37

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

I've been missing your photos, uberfat. In North America lamb is often used in petfoods for animals that have allergies or inflammatory reactions to other meats/poultry. Lambs also tend to graze and are not fed hormones and antibiotics. I wonder if that is why lamb works so well for you. I found I would hold on to an extra 10-15 pounds of water when I ate foods that caused me inflammation and was only able to get to my ideal weight easily when I gave them up (mainly grains, dairy & legumes for me).

Last edited by deirdra : Thu, Dec-17-15 at 21:49.
  #93   ^
Old Fri, Dec-18-15, 07:31

Plan: mine
Stats: 222/185/143 Male 175
BF:
Progress:

yes yes you are right.
lamb fat-meat is medicine free ,what i eat is grass fed young lambs.
Still my daily diet consists of %80 lamb , lately i am eating tons of labneh(home made ) and eggs cooked with butter (organic)
I am lucky lamb ribs are half the price of organic chicken meat

Some people around me eat tons of carbs everyday like i am eating fat and they never gain weight. Their body is opposite of mine. Everyone is diffrent we are the unlucky ones

no pizza, burgers, lahmacun,chocolate,cakes,rice,fresh cooked breads,doner(which is meat but lots of bread while marinating), french fries.
Do i miss them? No, thats the trick.
I am living in the heaven of carb country still can hold not a single cheat day ever i had.

pictures here it is:P

#94   ^
Old Fri, Dec-18-15, 10:10

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberfat
Some people around me eat tons of carbs everyday like i am eating fat and they never gain weight. Their body is opposite of mine. Everyone is diffrent we are the unlucky ones

Interesting, as I used to be this way until I hit my late 40s. Then, my dietary habits, despite the fact that I was eating what was perceived to be healthy, caught up with me. Yes, some are very different early in their lives, but for me, bad eating habits took a toll over time and caused insulin resistance and related symptoms of health issues that so often accompany IR. There are also some who don't put on weight, but still develop health issues due to dietary habits. This is like the Trojan Horse because they look healthy, and by the time they are diagnosed with heart disease, dementia, or other ailments, it's a long road back, or sometimes, it's too late.

I need to stock up on lamb meat!
  #95   ^
Old Sat, Apr-16-16, 02:58

BF:
Progress:

1 year MARK!
Can we call this success?
still all i eat is lamb fat-meat %90 of my life.

dont mind my weird face just took photo when i wake up don't i look like some other person?I mean long tim no see people arıund me don't recognize me my face shrinked 3x after losing 40kg

#96   ^
Old Sat, Apr-16-16, 03:06

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Excellent uberfat! I also like your new "Avatar" photo. Looks bad ass Thanks for sharing your story of success. When I started here on this website I saw some of your pictures and was very inspired. I have been looking for lamb fat. I have found some mutton/lamb parts that have lots of fat as well as goat meat parts but no lamb tail fat in the USA markets.

Cheers for your great success!
  #97   ^
Old Sat, Apr-16-16, 03:27

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thud123
Excellent uberfat! I also like your new "Avatar" photo. Looks bad ass Thanks for sharing your story of success. When I started here on this website I saw some of your pictures and was very inspired. I have been looking for lamb fat. I have found some mutton/lamb parts that have lots of fat as well as goat meat parts but no lamb tail fat in the USA markets.

Cheers for your great success!

thanks , it may sound tough job to lose half of your body weight but once you dedicate yourself eating fat, it really isn't.
you are on right track, just don't let doctors fool you on eating diet foods cut carbs out of your life and find some other fat source if you can't find lamb all the time like fish,butter,eggs etc.

IMO lamb fat is magic.
  #98   ^
Old Sat, Apr-16-16, 03:53

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

If you ever come upon fat lamb tails here's a recipe for you:

Qawrama is the name of a preserved lamb fat--known as a kind of duhniyāt--a fat or grease used for cooking in Lebanese and Syrian dishes, and the name of a dish of mutton or beef cut into small pieces and braised with lots of onions and tomatoes. The preserved lamb is made by cooking fatty mutton or lamb's tail (usually), but also shoulder meat, with abundant salt and then pouring the browned meat and its fat into preserving jars. The sheep favored by Arab cooks are the fat- tailed species (Ovis aries L. platura), with tails that are very wide and up to two feet long, mostly all fat, that were introduced to the Levant by the Turks. Another domesticated species from Arabia (Ovis aries L. dolichura) was described by the ancient Greek historian Herodotus as having their long, fat, heavy tails carried by little carts. After the preparation is made, a layer of fat solidifies on top. The cook scoops out spoonfuls of it to use in various dishes, including vegetable cookery. Should you feel like giving it a try, grind together equal amounts of lamb fat and boneless lamb shoulder and neck meat. Place this in a stew pot or saucepan and simmer over medium-low heat, adding abundant salt (1 1/2 teaspoons per pound of meat mixture) and a mixture of black pepper and bahārāt, about 1 tablespoon spice mix per pound of mixed meat. Simmer for 6 hours, and then pour off the fat into a container with some of the meat. Freeze for up to 6 months and use for the cooking fat in meat recipes.

Jean
  #99   ^
Old Sat, Apr-16-16, 05:13
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

Quote:
IMO lamb fat is magic.
I completely concur with you!
eat fat, get lean!
drop carbs. << nonsense food group.
  #100   ^
Old Sat, Apr-16-16, 13:02

BF:
Progress:

my precious tail fat

#101   ^
Old Sat, Apr-16-16, 16:46

BF:

Quote:
my precious tail fat

You tempt me Uberfat! I need tail fat!

Have a great day!
  #102   ^
Old Sat, Apr-16-16, 17:49

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thud123
You tempt me Uberfat! I need tail fat!

Have a great day!

fatty lamb meat should do enough.

some tips
-drink lots of green tea .
-lots of water
-if coke zero doesn't make you hungry you can have tons it had no effect on me
-lettuce and spinach with meals.
-chicken thighs and wings are great alternatives eat their skin. you can dump white meat to trash or better to cats.
-now this sounds gross, when you cook lamb there will be leftover liquid fat. keep it in freezer and mix with coffee in morning or better don't for your sanity but thats what i did and still do ..it keeps me full for 10+ hours
-real heavy cream is a great milk alternative.
-you don't need to do cardio lifting is much better push up pull ups with your body weight. actually i never did any cardio very minimal lifting.
-don't ever cheat
-don't get alchool(i did once and it turned out very ugly)
-don't let people around you discourage your eating habbits.don't believe doctors who say your body needs carbs to survive .

some of my friends think i looked better when i was obese.
which me does look better?the one in avatar or obese one?
some friends are devil, don't let them fool you.
  #103   ^
Old Sat, Apr-16-16, 18:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

It's good to see you back. I read your journal just after you'd taken a vacation from here.

We probably DON'T have fat tail sheep in this country.

But, for Thud's benefit, we do have pretty amazing and fatty lamb roasts and chops at Costco. They come in a big pack, so spendy, but the pack will make, at a minimum, four or five meals.
  #104   ^
Old Sat, Apr-16-16, 18:46

BF:

Quote:
fsome of my friends think i looked better when i was obese.
which me does look better?the one in avatar or obese one?
some friends are devil, don't let them fool you.

Ha! I understand. Both pictures look like fine gentlemen but the one that is thinner looks like he's ready to take on the world and spread good cheer.

Thank you for your tips!
  #105   ^
Old Mon, Apr-18-16, 11:04

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

Quote:
1 year MARK!
don't i look like some other person?I mean long tim no see people around me don't recognize me my face shrinked 3x after losing 40kg
Wow, it is good to see you back, uberfat. You look 15-20 years younger in the right-hand photo. If I didn't know both photos were of you, I'd assume the person on the left was your father or uncle.