Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Advanced/High Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-02, 14:19

Plan: protein power, Atkins
Stats: 275/254/175 Female 70 inches
BF:53/41/21
Progress: 21%
Default weight training at home with NO equipment

Hey all! Love this forum have found lots of great advice! I am currently doing Leslie Sansone's "walk away the pounds" 2 mile walk with weighted balls 5 days a week. I Love it and have seen great changes in my body!

However, I need help. I want to get into a little more resistance training/weights. The walking tapes use 21/2 pound balls to tone the upper body but I need more!

However, $$$ is not an option. I need something I can do at home. Any good tapes out there or any routines that would work for me?? What's this online trainer I keep hearing about? Anyone have a good website to check out?

I have very little equipment. Have 5 lb and 10 lb dumbells, a step, and those weighted balls that's all. Can I do this without adding more??

PLease help! Any suggestions ould be greatly appreciated!

Messy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-02, 17:21

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: //2002
BF:and feeling great
Progress: 99%

Here's something interesting: It's an on line fitness planner that is interactive and will design a workout plan for you based on your needs and level.

I've found that resistance bands are fairly inexpensive and are handy in place of weights.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-02, 18:54

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: 282/248/147 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Hey jkrohn,

I use my step bench as a wt bench...stack up the legs and remove one end for a recline...I put my mat on top though so I don't feel the anti-skid base...

There are quite a few exercises that do a great job and require no added wt ... squats, lunges, push ups, sit ups, pull-ups, crunches....the wall slide, slide down a wall with your legs shoulder width apart and about 24-30" away or more dep on heighth....and hold the position when your knees are level with the floor and you'll get what I mean...reverse lunges helped me to correct alot of "form" problems too..things like that might be a great start.

I have heard of people filling up bleach containers and such with different things so I'm sure it could be done...with a little imagination...

I think you would def need more wt of some kind quickly as I never lifted before and am up to 20-25 lbs in my 4th week of BFL.

What about checking for used equipment at garage sales, play it again sports, used merch stores for one pc or so at a time...alot of people are looking to get rid of equipment this time of year that clothes and such have been hanging on since last year!

Bsayne
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-02, 08:05

Default Bysane & lc Sponge

Thanks for your input!! I'm heading to check out those 2nd time stores tonight maybe I will find something cheap!!

THanks for your suggestions. Will check out that online fitness center and see how it goes.

This gives me a great place to start!

Thanks Again,

Messy
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 22:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 241/238/185
BF:
Progress: 5%

There's a tape someone gave me a while ago put out by Chris Caracci, a formal navy seal. It's actually several tapes with varying degrees of workouts. The one I used to do was a 45 minute one, which was the least intensive one he had, and required no equipment at all (he did the exercises in the desert to demonstrate that you didn't need a gym). The most intensive tape he had was called the Deathwish which was 2 1/2 hours straight, I can't even watch it without getting dizzy. The one I used is called the Industrial Strength PT. I have to admit there's a lot of macho navy seal stuff he goes on about, but the exercises are very good and definitely intense. You should be able to track it down through a google search (this is my first post here I don't know the rules for or against posting website links).

If you can get past the "fluff", you can get a lot out of this workout.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-02, 08:20

Default Welcome Aboard Tufflaw

Thanks for the info. I will see if I can find it on the net somewhere.

YOu can post anywhere you like. There is really no rules except they like us to stay with the theme of the thread. Meaning this thread is about weight training at home so if you were to jump in and start talking about belly dancing that would be a little off the mark. But, go ahead ask questions read lots and reply whenever you have something to add or ask. We are all here to support each other. You'll find there is a lot of motivation and really good info in these links just take your time and look thorugh the site.

Thanks again for the info on Industrail Strength PT I will definately check it out!

Messy
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-02, 17:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 241/238/185
BF:
Progress: 5%

Hi there, thanks for the welcome!

Actually I meant I wasn't sure whether it would be inappropriate to post a link to the site where the tape is being sold. It shouldn't be too hard to track down though.