Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Salads Veggies & Side Dishes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-01-04, 11:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/188/175 Male 75
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Faux Potato Pancakes

Hello,

Thanks to Don (devillio) for the original recipe that inspired my faux potato pancakes. I tried the original faux twice-baked potato recipe last night and it was awesome!

This morning my girlfriend had an idea on how to use this recipe for breakfast. All she did was add whole eggs to a portion of the faux potato casserole and mix until it was the consistency of pancake batter. On medium heat drop 2"-3" diameter portions of the batter and cook just as you would a pancake. We used a totally non-stick pan without any oil or butter and they browned just great without sticking. Be careful if you use butter not to burn it!

Speaking for myself it is just incredible. Give it try and let me know what you think. Below is the original faux twice-baked potato recipe. It is awsome by itself also!

Sparky55

Faux Twice Baked Potato

1-head of Cauliflower (Approx 2lb)
½ c. sour cream
4-oz - cream cheese
¼ c. minced green onions
½ stick of soft butter
2 fresh mushrooms diced
salt and pepper to taste
¼ cup of Romano cheese
6-slices of cooked and crumbled bacon 2-Tbs. of bacon grease

Topping
Shredded Cheddar
2-slices of cooked and crumbled bacon on top

Boil cauliflower approx. 20 to 30 minutes until tender, drain well. Fry bacon until crisp and then crumble it. Save the grease. In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, cream cheese, ½ of the butter, salt, pepper, romano cheese, ½ c. sour cream, ¼ c. minced green onions, 2 fresh mushrooms diced, bacon grease and the bacon bits. Mash it all together. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

I mash it in my Kitchen Aid Mixer.

Put it in a buttered 8 X 8 casserole dish. Cover with the cheddar cheese. Top it off with the bacon pieces. And cut up small pieces of remaining butter and scatter it on top lightly.

Place in a preheated 350° oven and bake until all the cheese has melted. Approximately 20 minutes. Garnish with chives if desired.

Servings 9

Calories/serving 258
Fat 23.1 Grams
Carbs 5.1 Grams
Fiber 2.1 Grams
Net Carbs 3.0 Grams
Protein 9.0 Grams

People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care.

Come visit my web site at:

http://www.dvelliott.com/
Last edited by dvellio on Feb-17-03 at 18:56.
Sponsored Links