Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#301   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 08:08

Plan: atkins
Stats: 163/146/140 Female 5ft 5inches
BF:
Progress: 74%

Thanks Linda

Will post measurments into my journal and plug away with the body building and aerobics and see what happens.. nothing to lose but inches and nothing to gain other than feeling good!
Sponsored Links
  #302   ^
Old Wed, Jul-28-04, 14:58

Plan: adkins
Stats: 140/138/120 Female 62 "
BF:
Progress:
Talking

[QUOTE=molmerlin][COLOR=blue]yee haw, glad to see this thread. I am there too I am 45, I thought that was too young. but holy cow, iapparently not. tom can be 7 or 8 weeks late, niagra falls the whole deal. and these hot flashes. what the heck is up with that? glad to see I am in the same boat with others. I have mood swings that must surely baffle my coworkers
Just fond out today that iI am "officially" starting menepause
I am 46 and missed 3 periods, having night sweats, and SPREADING ON THE WAISTLINE Went for a check-up and blood tests confirmed what I suspected...I'm OLD! Weight is not coming off like it use to(I dont think)
I'm not sure cause I also have short term memory loss from MENAPAUSE!
AND I am a bitch --I never use to use that language! Can anyone relate?
  #303   ^
Old Wed, Jul-28-04, 19:49

Plan: Dr. Atkins & M & E fast
Stats: 160/153/140 Female 5ft7inces and 3/4"
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default Not quite there...but

Hi!

Im almost 48, but haven't missed any periods yet....I do have a goofy thyroid though....It was slow, and now fast...But Im 1 of 10% of the population that still gains weight even when Im hyperthyroid....
I'm not giving up!!!!!! Its real slow going at times.....
I know the fat fast can help at times for a boost...
I workout like mad....I take suppliments, cause I dont wanna do estrogen...
I have gained on my tummy and waist, and they say its a hormone thing...
I start to feel bloated and crummy right after my period!!! Weird huh? Then its gets worse, and I get forgetful and cant think(thyroid does that too). It carries on til 3 days before my period, then I feel great and all through my period I feel great!!! ITS A WEIRD TIME!!!!!
  #304   ^
Old Thu, Jul-29-04, 08:46

Plan: adkins
Stats: 140/138/120 Female 62 "
BF:
Progress:
Default fine wine

My estorgen level was 96...does anyone know what that means? My nurse that called didn't!!!!! Thyroid problems run in my family too....rough stuff!
Hopefully we can age like a fine wine! Know what I mean hope
  #305   ^
Old Thu, Jul-29-04, 11:16

Plan: Dr. Atkins & M & E fast
Stats: 160/153/140 Female 5ft7inces and 3/4"
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default Estrogen

Im not sure what that means...but I heard if you take natural vitamin E, it can lower it in those that are prone to have high readings....and put it normal in people that have low readings in Estrogen...I guess its a normalizer. You can read this in Paavo Airola's.."Womans Only" book...or similar name.
When I cant concentrate lately..I have been trying a suppliment called "Ginko Biloba"...pharmacies have it cheaper.....Hope this helps...and get your thyroid checked if it runs in your family!!!! Seems it comes to haunt in your 40's!!!!! looks like me exercising