Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1591   ^
Old Tue, Nov-09-21, 06:28

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Great night's sleep and now the sun is shining It's going to be a fab day!

Heading to the golf course about 10:30. Hope I find my swing today! Even if I don't, I'm SO lucky to be able to be out there.

Today's Pahla B. workout is a recovery day after yesterday's "push" day with weights. Today is easy stretching.....ahhh....it's going to feel amazing. My muscles are definitely feeling yesterday's workout, plus golf.

Nic....How are the feet doing? Hope the tendinitis is getting better.

Jaz....You are progressing well with your packing. You are a pro at it! Can't wait to hear about your island adventures this winter.

Trig....What's up?

---------

I have a couple hours before I have to start getting ready for the day. I love my slow, easy mornings. Gabby has started wanting lap time on my fuzzy blanket now that it's chilly in the morning. She's curled up and purring away here on my lap living her best life.

Wishing you all a day!
Sponsored Links
  #1592   ^
Old Tue, Nov-09-21, 07:12

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Me blah
Me whatever
Me who cares

Me doing me right now HAHA

All good tho, no bad issues but I am still off.....I AM SO needing this beach trip in a few weeks that it is just super crazy on how bad I require it!

OK, chat up later when the brain wants to chat LOL

be good all!
  #1593   ^
Old Tue, Nov-09-21, 07:48

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Lori- I am right there with you on slow and easy mornings- coffee in hand, pet at side ,and sun is out! The world is right! Have fun on the course today

BTW- Let us know how that WW goes. I am interested in their process and what is new from a curious standpoint. I know that Opera tried to bring that company back from the dead and it is failing miserably. Although with half the world having have the Pandemic 15 pounds or more business should be booming. The struggle there is real!

Enjoy golfing today! I hope you get a few more days in!
What did you say you were doing for TG?

TRIG- Is mom still there? Should be sunny and cool in your area. I decided I don't like Cold either! urghhhhhh
My body just wants to curl up and shut down too. I can't believe I lived so long in OHIO!!!!!!! Winter there NOW and lasts through March. My son said it is 30's now at night and scraping car windows in the morning. Can you imagine that?????

What you got going on this week?

Nic- You settled in DE now? YAY you!!!!!!! Waiting for your check in. Did you all explore a new crab shack last night?
-------------------------------------------------------
Well laters- going on a road trip today. Going over to Charleston for an afternoon. Need a change of pace. Taking pooch and will be back later this afternoon.

ROAD TRIP!!!!!!! Sunshine .........I can finish packing tomorrow
  #1594   ^
Old Tue, Nov-09-21, 14:43

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all-

We lost internet for a while today throughout the community, but it is restored now.

Lori- I am glad you are checking out WW and can give us the low down. It's always good to be open to learning! Hope golf was good!

Trig- Hugs chick.

Jaz- Hope you had fun in Charleston!

The weather here today is really nice, just shy of 70 and sunny, so I spent a couple of hours at the beach today. DH and I are stopping over at the neighbor's for a wine visit (trying to walk the line between friendly and not wanting to be too friendly, ya know? She's pretty darn friendly. lol) and then going out to dinner. He heads out tomorrow but I'll be here until Sunday so I have a lot of DE time left to enjoy!

Bella's got some drainage from one of her eyes- not sure what is going on with it or what is irritating it. Keeping an eye on it for now (no pun intended.)

More tomorrow!
  #1595   ^
Old Tue, Nov-09-21, 18:43

BF:

Fun and beautiful day!!!!!!!!! - Dot post tomorrow. Just checking in- was on road about 6 hours just sorta driving there- 2 hours sight seeing and then back. Tired

Jammies on and checkin later gators
  #1596   ^
Old Wed, Nov-10-21, 07:01

BF:

Good Morning!

Quick report on the WW thing. I'm not "doing" WW, just checking out the new plan and seeing what is different. The main thing is that you take a personal assessment that takes in to account your likes and things you typically eat. The first question is: Are you diabetic. If you answer yes, it adjusts your available points and the foods that are zero points. It also asks what proteins you like to eat, what starches(I chose none). They still use the points system, which is just another way to count calories. My zero point foods are eggs, chicken & turkey, yogurt & cottage cheese and veggies. Even foods that are zero points should only be eaten in a serving size....other than veggies. If you eat a cup of non-starchy veggies, you earn another point. Exercise gives you additional points etc. As I said before, it's just a "game" to me. It keeps things interesting for me. I like playing on the App. entering food etc. I do like that they are emphasizing lean proteins and veggies, though I don't eat many veggies. I have been using all my daily points, plus some of my weekly ones every day. I'm running it side by side with MyFitnessPal and I'm in a calorie cut cycle with my Protein Priority way of eating, so I think WW does not give me nearly enough points. Plus, I eat beef(higher points) and full fat dairy...all big point users. My collagen powder is zero(yay). I'm not sure I'll sign up after my free 30 days, but I'm enjoying playing with it for now.

Today I have a Chiro appt. at 11:30 and then I'm stopping at Betty's to change her bed & do some cleaning. DH is taking her to an eye Dr. appt. today, so it makes sense for me to get her bed changed while she's out.

I don't have to worry about dinner for DH since he and Betty will stop at Wendy's drive thru and grab something after her appt. I may start getting my spare bedrooms ready for our guests this weekend. Freshen the beds and just general straightening up. They are spare rooms and tend to accumulate "stuff".

Jaz......that was a lot of time in the car yesterday! Hope you enjoyed your time in Charleston.

Nic...You have lots of good beach time ahead! I hope Bella's eye is ok today.

Trig....Hope today is less "blah". Days like that can really drag you down. Is Mom still with you?

--------

Well, I guess I'll go get my workout done for the day. It is Cardio w/weights today. Then I'll shower and then have some breakfast before my Chiro appt. The day will fly by before I know what hit me!

#1597   ^
Old Wed, Nov-10-21, 08:01

BF:

Lori that is cool on WW adjusting into that realm.

cause that new program.... GOLO is all about insulin resistance and puts your LC meal plan about going low to correct insulin resistance dead on and WW never did that. WW was 'diet thru kcals' more and it is FINALLY nice to see them coming into the new damn age of what food is all about WW is finally addressing 'real damn nutrition' and the evil of sugar etc' out there so it is very interesting on that.

but I am glad you aren't doing it, just checking it out cause at this stage you are SO great and SO healthy and if you start the track points and deduct and add thru exercise and all that CRAZY you will make your azz crazy probably......but cool info for me to read on it.

-----------blah again today
just doing
got the laundry spinning
hit the landfill for some big stuff I wanted gone
hubby working 6 days a week, all this crap falls on me as usual to handle....yea stinks, HA

steak and chicken and taylor ham today

I am craving tho. I am in an off zone. Off balance. But fighting like a manic to hold on and just let the 'smarts I got' left in me to direct me LOL

ok over and out and be good all
  #1598   ^
Old Wed, Nov-10-21, 08:37

BF:

Good Morning!

Yup- yesterday I went to Summerville to check it out. I was sorta disappointed. It is much further to the beach than I was hoping for and there is a few "new neighborhoods" that are new construction. Granted the "city" is growing and in 20 years it will be great. I will be in a nursing home by then!
NEXT- it's not for me. I am glad I went though, gathered information.

Lori- Isn't it amazing how FAST the days fly by?!?!?!? Thanks for explaining all about WW. I was curious. It is the same deal- spun a different way. All about the marketing! I agree that there is value to keeping track of what you eat- and it works for some people.

I just eat what my body is now wanting. Well...... I take that back. If I could eat what I really wanted it would not be kale, and chicken everyday. But even if I could eat whatever and not gain weight- doesn't mean feeling good and healthy either! Always a balance isn't it!

I love how inspiring you are with your work outs!

Trig- Hey gal pal- how are you??????? Get out and take a drive and see how beautiful the leave are! I say them yesterday in SC- stunning pretty! Your area would be prettier!

NIC- Did you survive the neighbor get together? Hubby leaving today? Time to cuddle in and relax! I would be all over that.
So are you pretty much done with moving in a and rearranging?
-------------------------------------------------------------
Sun disappeared and could today and cool. Sweat shirt and shorts weather.

Going to hit up the grocery for one last meal buy- then it will be my last thing to make here. I am going to pick up an organic chicken and pop it in the oven and eat on it a few days and that is that. I still have left over crab cakes too- and a bag of salad. I am pitching junk out of the fridge and will get new condiments.

Just can't WAIT to get outta dodge here!!!!!!! 3 more days!!!!!

I am glad to not smell reefer everyday. I think it was giving me low level headaches.

I am going to go through closet and clothes today and finish up and I should be done packing after today and then just "bidding" my time.
I will start internet browsing for jobs after packing, loosely. But I know it takes a month to onboard so I can start looking now. Companies are going to be looking for people come Jan. I have a minute to catch me breathe first! Gratitude! - Time!

ok- going to walk the pooch and run to store. Last trip here.

Have a great day ladies!

EDITED: - Cross posted Trig- going to read your post
  #1599   ^
Old Thu, Nov-11-21, 07:41

BF:

Hi all-

Quick catch up. Was up and out early this morning and now waiting for someone to come repair a cabinet (8:30-9:30) and then someone to give an estimate on window treatments (blinds etc) at 9:30. Got up, took the dogs to the dog park, fed them, showered and made my coffee. Go time!

Jaz- sounds like you have a good handle on things and you are ready to head out. I know you will be glad to get back to St Simon.

Trig/Lori- So GOLO is the name of a program of some kind?
Hugs for feeling off balance. I have no advice to give bc I have not been on plan and I can feel it in my jeans!

Lori- I knew you weren't doing WW but just curious about it. Thanks for sharing the things you are finding out about it. I am always interested to hear what is the same/different about other approaches.

Not too much else to report. Wine with the neighbor the other day was enjoyable. She is a friendly and kind person. I think she is lonely and would like to be friends. I am fine with being friends as in friendly and do something now and again, but I am not a hang out often kind of chick. I don't mind being 'alone in my own company' at all.

Dh played pickleball yesterday, the internet in the community went down again and then he went back to Maryland. He left a sweet note on my pillow though. Such a good hubby. Never even occurs to me to do sweet things like that!

Dogs are good. Sophie makes it to the dog park a couple of times a day. Yesterday BOTH dogs did a little running and that was fun to see. The dog park is my favorite place to take them although I did take Bella on a longer walk yesterday. I was dragging her there at the end! lol

My feet are SO MUCH BETTER. I am so relieved!! Whatever tendonitis I caused seems to have resolved and I am so happy about that! Still have some of the other minor stuff but I don't really care about that, as long as I can walk and explore and be active.

I have an open afternoon and I'm not sure what I will. Exploration of some kind I'm sure! I might try to find a nice walk or hike somewhere. Oh, and I need to get fingerprinted too, but I'm going to save that for a rainy day, like Friday.

I think that is about it for me!
  #1600   ^
Old Thu, Nov-11-21, 08:03

BF:

Nicco, fingerprinted for what? can't remember why LOL

GOLO.com is just a site you pay to lose weight but they focus on insulin resistance, they are a 'real low carb' eating plan vs. what WW was.....WW was eat all carbs, all ya want but fit them into these points and GOLO plan doesn't do that, they offer more real nutrition like saying don't eat that damn donut, eat this instead while WW is like eat that donut, just stick points to it LOL

so it is just a commercial I see on tv and checked it out briefly but GOLO is the 'new WW' out there with better info and nutrition advice, thats all about it tho that I know.

Note on pillow. Very very sweet and nice. You got thought of I get the phone call, hey babe I found a great rib place driving for work, want me to buy you a rack or 2! heehee, yes I want the meat Nice to still be connected right

Super glad the weirdo things in feet etc are doing better. Nerve thing probably and those can get freaky weird and never be diagnosed in truth til we heal up a bit so glad you are on the improve!!

Jazz too far from beach ain't good

I know when we hit our final home it will be on the friggin beach or one damn road from it But I am like you, I want near, too far ain't gonna cut it.

waiting on a Lori update!!

-------------getting dragged out tonight to Japanese place. Which is OK....I can get steak and shrimp on grill wtih no sauces etc. and be ok on that food. Hubby and kid want the sushi crap and more but I can find carnivore at this place, not the cheapy junky place, like a real restaurant so I can cover me fine.

eating 3 nice pork chops later when hungry and dinner out will be fine

doing some chores as usual. rain might be afoot? kinda gray day

mind shifting for bit of rv cleanup and control before trip coming and OMG THIS damn trip can't come friggin' fast enought AT ALL LOL----must must have scenery change.

over and out and be good all
  #1601   ^
Old Thu, Nov-11-21, 09:21

BF:

Good Morning!

I had to be up and out early this morning for my annual Mammo. On the way there, I hit a deer. A nice big buck! Sigh.....I saw him coming and slowed way down and he managed to jump over the hood of my car and the only damage seems to be some paint scratches from his hooves. I hope he was ok. He kept going down over a bank, so fingers crossed. Anyway, I'm a bit shaken, as you can imagine, so I called my husband. I said I just hit a deer......he said "Nate(DS) just shot a monster 12 point!" Um.....HELLO.....I just hit a deer with my car!!!!!!!!! His concern was touching. He was with our son to help him and said he'd finish up there and then come here. I told him I was fine and not to rush home. Men!

Mammo was a quick procedure and then I stopped at the grocery store. Now I'm home and getting the spare rooms ready for company this weekend.

Nic....So glad to hear that your feet are better. What a relief! Enjoy your alone time.

Trig.....Steak and shrimp sounds really good. Enjoy!

Jaz....Last minute packing today? Exciting!

--------

Dryer is chiming.....gotta get busy.
  #1602   ^
Old Thu, Nov-11-21, 11:58

BF:

Goodness! I am last to post today? You all are up and ready to fly early!

Nic- Awhhhhhhhhh sweet love notes on a pillow?!?!?!? So so sweet! You know I run that fine line between wanting to be friendly and having people drop in and HANG! There are very few people who can get away with that with me.
One is my friend the artist who I met at St. Simon. She was an ANGEL when I was going through it with Bella. But she also knows when I have have enough "company". We both respect each other that way.

So ya I get it- I still giggle over Lori's post about Betty's friend standing and saying BYE- you can leave now. Such a fine dance with that. People who don't know boundaries I steer clear of if I can.

So did you get the sub job? Very cool if that is what you want!
Are you getting the blinds that you push a button and they go up and down? Those are SO COOL!!!!!!!!!

Lori- - OMG OMG- I would have had heart failure to see a buck like that hit and jump over the car! Did you scream? I sure would have. Thankfully you saw it coming and slowed down to a almost stop. That could have done some real damage to your car not to mention you! So glad you are OK!

Just chill today- love it.

TRIG- - interesting about GOLO. I was wondering what it was. I have never been ok with assigning points to a donut and thinking it would be ok either. They need to watch Dr. Lustig Book a Calorie is not a Calorie!!!!!!!!

Is your momma home?!?!?
UGhhhhhhhh on going to a Chinese place for dinner. I can't find a SINGLE thing at those places to eat. They still put soy sauce and crap on food and the oil they use is crap. I steer clear of those places. If I have to I can eat Mexican- order a steak fajita - and don't use the wrap. But I would want all the topping. I just find it "safer" to keep myself home and eat simple. Kills the tastes buds a bit. However, you have checked it out!

Yup and yup on a beach that is over an hour away is not "beach" ready!!!! I want it within 5 minutes or less! I am one block from beach on St. Simon. easy peasy.
I know you are ready to go!!!!!!!! Refresh me - where are you going??! Short memory here.
---------------------------------------------------------
Yup so took Rugar to a park and took him off the leash. He did great. He literally ran then would run back and do circles like a wild man and then when he was tired I carried him back to the car and now he is sleeping. HE loves to RUN.

Last minute stuff/ boxes and then just hanging until I can GO!!!!! I will smile so big crossing that bridge. Mentally I am already gone from here.

Cleaning out my fridge and not buying anything. Left over Rotisserie chicken I am making chicken salad from and then broccoli spears.
I am going to run over to the liquor store. I found a low carb/ low alcohol rose' that is dry and enjoyable. I have only seen it there. It is also half the calories and I notice I am good to cut out all that and it is also helping with making healthier decisions.

Doing some reading between box packing and thinking about my next chapter. Sorta exciting ya know!!!! I browsed travel nursing jobs briefly this morning. They all want start dates Dec. 1. I'm not ready for that. They will still be there when I want them.

Ok I am going to hit the patio as it is 77 and sunny- need some vitamin D and my music! Oh ya!!!!!!!!!!!
  #1603   ^
Old Fri, Nov-12-21, 04:24

BF:

Lori, sorry ya had to go thru that, scary crap isn't it when you got a full sized buck flying over your hood!! Did he have a collar on saying 'Rudolph'? and your hubby.....no reaction other than saying they bagged a good 12 pointer LOL omg too funny on the DH! Glad all is ok....If he kept going then he is one lucky deer, I am sure he is fine.

Jaz sounds like your packing is coming along well. I know you can't wait to hit the road and finish that all up and get to your next home

Waiting on Nicco report

-----------------all good here. nothing to report
hubby working like a maniac, kid is doing her thing in fine form, doggie was chasing a ball and pulled something in his left back leg, walking like a little ol' cripple doggie now.....other than that all A ok.

big rain last night

today is this and that, blah kinda day again

be good all
  #1604   ^
Old Fri, Nov-12-21, 06:52

BF:

Good Morning!

Rain, rain this morning. I heard it pouring about 2AM and it's been raining on and off since. It's supposed to move out by mid-morning. Today I have to make a grocery store run and also go to the meat market deli to get some lunch items for our guests tomorrow. They are due to arrive around Noon tomorrow. Then we'll walk around town a bit and then to visit Betty for a couple hours.

Yesterday I got both bedrooms spruced up. Freshened sheets(flannel) and general cleaning. It is what it is. They'll have to accept us, warts and all!

Connie & I have finalized our vacation plans for February. We're going back to Rumfish Resort on St. Pete Beach where our whole family went in 2020. We looked at other places, but we know we really like Rumfish, so we decided to go back. We'll have a little 4 night getaway and then come back to Connie's the day before my birthday. I'll stay there and we'll go out for my birthday and then I'll come home on Monday.....Valentine's day. So nice to have something to look forward to.

Let me tell you something about WW......I would starve to death! They are so focused on avoiding saturated fat that eating LC is nearly impossible. It was fun having the 30 day free trial to see what it's all about nowadays, but no way I'm going to keep following it. As a matter of fact, I cancelled my free trial early and I'm done with it. I feel a sense of relief. That shows me that it was taking over too much of my thoughts around food. Who needs that crap? I track my calories on MyFitnessPal and Points on WW and my calories are WAY too low if I try to stick to the points WW allows me. No thank you! I do much better just following my Protein Priority Diet with the 30 day cut phases(lower cals) and then a period of increased calories to keep the metabolism guessing. I love doing these experiments on myself to see how my body reacts, but I'm not willing to lie in bed hungry....you know?

Ok.....enough of my blathering. Have good days!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Fri, Nov-12-21 at 07:24.
  #1605   ^
Old Fri, Nov-12-21, 09:32

BF:

Howdy!

Trig- Interesting about GOLO. Never heard of it. You'd think they'd be marketing the crap out of themselves on keto and LC videos etc.

How was the Japanese place? And poor Bolt! I hope he feels better soon.

Lori- OMG!! How scary!! And your Dh.. That is hilarious! I am glad you had the presence of mind to slow down.

I have noticed the same thing on my brief forays with WW- you will indeed starve to death, unless you are willing to eat non fat and so forth. Which, yuck.

So glad you have a fun trip to plan and look forward to with Connie!

Jaz- Is today the departure day? Or this weekend?

How would you do travel nursing? Keep the condo and then also stay elsewhere? Or just during the high season of St Simon?

•••••••••••••

A bit of rain this morning but fortunately passed by the time I got the dogs out for their walk at 7:30. Now just cloudy.

Yesterday I took a nice walk (I mean, sort of a hike but OTOH it is flat here, so ?) through some woods and wetlands in a nearby state park. That was fun. I am so grateful my feet are holding up well although yesterday was about as far as I would push it. I also stopped by a couple of thrift stores to explore.

The Ravens lost and I don't know what their issue is but they have looked a mess for the past three games in a row. I hope whatever is going on with them will be resolved bc they looked AMAZING the first half of the season. It is really a stark difference.

DH is on his way to CA for the weekend. I'm heading off to get fingerprinted for the Sub position, and I want to pop in on some other thrift stores too, just to see what's what. Trying to think through what I want to do with my retreat room. Plus we need to add a few plates and such here and I am thinking maybe going eclectic. We'll see!

Spent a few hours yesterday on Shutterfly and got the photo calendar completed for the year. I just need to order it up. Yay!

My eating is just crap right now. Off the rails. Gotta pull myself back on again.