Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1561   ^
Old Thu, Nov-04-21, 04:50

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Looking forward to a quiet day. I may make a quick run to the grocery store, but nothing more than that. I would sort of like to go out for dinner, but sometimes it's just easier to stay home. We'll see.

I'll get my Pahla B workout in this morning and then see what else I can get into. We have company coming next weekend and I need to straighten up the spare bedrooms. 2 of DH's cousins are coming for an overnight. They are researching the family tree and want to talk to Betty about family history etc. The long range forecast isn't looking good for that weekend, but we'll have to deal with whatever comes. They want to visit the cemetery and look at the old gravestones of the family and it won't be ideal if it's pouring down rain.

-----------

Nic....I bet you are right that you caused some of your foot pain with the calf raises. Too much of a good thing, as it were. I hope the new shoes make a difference for you.

Trig....When do you head for the beach? How long will you be there? It all sounds so fun. You and DH have awesome plans for the future. A beach house.....what a dream!

Jaz....Moving again?! God bless you! I would do it too. Moving to the beach for less money? Yes please! You were so kind to give the kids next door your tree. They will never forget that act of kindness. As for your Mom and her criticism.....ignore it. You do you and let her flap her gums. Put some distance between you when you need to and live your life.

----------

Have good days!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Thu, Nov-04-21 at 04:57.
Sponsored Links
  #1562   ^
Old Thu, Nov-04-21, 05:38

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jazz, moving again but yea with what ya wrote I would move too. Out of lease easy and gone, very cool. but a pain in the azz but very cool your St Simon contact came thru for you!

and St Simon area you just love.....when ya get there and get settled kinda keep looking for a long term place if you can in any way ya know......that area suits you so well girl!

More power to you. Very cool on the young neighbors getting your tree, so kind and I love that story and they I am sure are happy as heck.

Just chill, nothing should be sending you to Wendy's for fries HAHA I get the stress level has to be insane but in the end, you gotta get some control of not running to food as a comfort, and yea I feel ya, I did it alot too but now it is more like, just work on the stress issue, get yourself a plan and handle it and no fries with that please HAHA

Like Lori said let your mom go in one ear and out the next. Only thing ya can do there. Get off the phone, glass of wine and laugh thru it all with you being in St Simon where ya love and just crack up over other's not getting it

Nicco, those trips are wonderful. Alaska and Hawaii, ohh lala those are fab trips, now I wanna go, but I am doing Alaska in the rv when I can and yes I will get there come hell or highwater and I am doing Hawaii in an rv too, well to CA and put in storage there and take a 3 day boat cruise over to H for a bit and back to get our rv and travel on......you are sure getting there before me LOL

Lori, cool ya got family coming to do family tree stuff but yea, rain sucks on trips like that, I feel ya.

Happy financial ducks are in a row!

Nice you had the house to you after that meeting, some days when hubby leaves the house I get that overall Hooray feeling hit me fast I love a quiet house to me

----------------chicken wings no more but still got a few leftovers to eat today in the fridge.

I don't want them anymore, I ate up 2 NY Strip steaks and this week is NY Strips on sale so I am buying more for freezer.

mom coming tomorrow for visit for a few days

I am still blah, getting damn cold now and not a fan. I tell ya I require high heat and this doesn't cut bait being so darn cold LOL but time will change that for me, few more years, few more years

just chillin'
  #1563   ^
Old Thu, Nov-04-21, 06:26

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning- I have been up since 345- pondering all this in my head. See below..........

Lori- I am super happy things seem to have settled a bit with Betty- knock on wood! Take those good days while you can!
What are you doing for Thanksgiving?

So are you done now with golf for the year?

Trig- - waiting for check in.......... Whacha doing?

Nic- How did your testing go yesterday? Getting ready for DE- that is Saturday right?
-------------------------------------------------

The decision to break this lease with no penalty is a favor in disguise. I was stuck here in the middle of nowhere paying over 2 k plus utilities to live here. So truly it is a gift. The utilities here are outta sight too! My power bill last month was over 100+ for a APT!!!!

So am I happy??? You betcha!!!! No penalty - (there was a penalty of 5 k plus 2 months notice.) I gave 30 days that I have already paid. DONE HERE. They knew that the lease was breached and my safety is compromised so they put it in writing and away I will roll.

I will find movers today. There is a storage facility right down the street. I will stick it there for a few months until Spring. I am heavily considering becoming a "Snow Bird"- and going "home". That means back to Ohio. I can't deal with the cold and snow- SO........ my thought is to come here St. Simon in the winters and do my family visits ect and then go back every spring. People do it all the time. Have split homes for different seasons.
Especially since jobs have become more portable.

Speaking of jobs- Also considering putting in my notice tomorrow. That would free me up to see my son when he comes. Get settled in St. Simon- and go back to work in Jan. Now that my expenses are cut in half I can swing that. WHY NOT?!?!?!?- I want to enjoy my time here while I can. Plus I want to see the kids in Dec. I will swing BRIEFLY to see my mom- and then I will think about work again in Jan.

I am really excited to see how this is going to play out!

Yeah- I am happy those kids got the tree- one less big box to move!
ALL good here!

Oh......... food- so I am totally totally totally back on board. The last 3 days while all this has been floating around my brain..... you all get the picture. Now I have it down what is going to happen and how, I can now focus on process and get back on track.

Ok- all......... "Here I go again on my own- going down the only road I ever know Known.......(my song) - Here I go again!

EDITED: - Just got off phone with my son. Sometimes the voice of reason is SO irritating!!!!!!!!! - Ok- no quitting tomorrow stick it out a bit longer. Get settled and relook at it next month- OK- yeahhhhhhhh the kid is right.

Last edited by Jaz66 : Thu, Nov-04-21 at 06:56.
  #1564   ^
Old Thu, Nov-04-21, 07:41

BF:

agree with the kid.

keep the damn paycheck AS LONG as you can. Just do minimum to get that paycheck and then you can say F U and dump that company later LOL

So play the game as you must, every darn dime in your pocket from them is another month you are ok and have time to get that other job etc.......so yea voice of reason is go week to week as you can and pull ALL money you can

IF YOU GOT ANY type of personal time built up with that company in ANY way take advantage of it also.........do what it takes gal, ya got it in you
  #1565   ^
Old Thu, Nov-04-21, 15:46

BF:

hey ladies!

Well the dilemma is over. I am not sad about it. They made the call literally. My boss stayed on my calls live all day until she THOUGHT she got a "hook".
The lady answered the phone and stated she didn't want to chat because she was having GERD that was causing some chest pain.
So I ask her the questions: Shortness of breath, dizziness, lightheaded, headache, arm pressure or tingling or ache, should pain, No to all- I ask her 3 times if she needed 911- all was no and stop asking no. She said it was problem something she ate and just needed to relax. I told her if her symptoms got worse to keep her phone handy and do hesitate to call 911.

I was not even hung up before my boss call me and demanded to know why I didn't insist and call anyway.
BECAUSE she was not confused and has a right to say no. My boss called me neglectful and told me to call 911 on her anyway. So I did as I was told and let go anyway.

She has no grounds and I said at the end- when HR was there- did you all hear the woman say NO 3 times? People have a right to say no. I also don't know anyone who really thought they were having a MI not call 911.
HR told me they are not clinical and could not say one way or the other..... I can appeal- means nothing. I will appeal- for names sake. Oh well............

I also said - wow that was the best you could find? There is nothing there............... this is BULLSH...........

Oh well. I will appeal- not speak a ton of time on it. But IF just IF it gets over turned- I will tell them to take job and shovel it. It's the point.

Good news- leaving here in 2 weeks for lower rent- and on the beach and can really spend the time I wanted anyway.

How was your days???????????

On point today!!!!! Truly - yup!!!!!!!!!! Getting it together.
  #1566   ^
Old Thu, Nov-04-21, 17:56

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi Friends-

Oof, Jaz, just refreshed before I started writing and saw your update. I hardly even know what to say- moving and on the job hunt. I am glad you are moving to a place you are familiar with and happy to return to, and at a lower price. That is some good news, at least.

Do you get a severance of any kind? Anything?

Super sweet story about the neighbors getting the tree! Good karma too!

Trig- You are in a great position for house/land sale. Paying cash and so long ago you no doubt have a ton of equity. Lots of wiggle room there!

I feel for ya with the dark and cold coming. I know that is your least favorite by a very long shot. You are only a couple of years away from your big escape! Question though- how will your Mom or Chop's Mom affect that decision?

Lori- LOL on you being a cranky ass old lady! Far from it! Also, LOLOL over letting Jaz's Mom "flap her gums!" Some of the things you say just make me

Glad that a cause was found for poor Betty and hopefully being on abx will get her cleared up quickly. Still, it is definitely time for alternate steps so just as well that these "minor scares" are happening to get the ball rolling.

It will be interesting to see what the cousins find out about the family history!

••••••••

Well, my nerve test went well in that there is no major nerve or neurological thing going on. That is a huge win and I am so relieved. I mean, I thought not and was glad to have that confirmed.

That being said, we'll see how things go. These shoes I bought are not comfortable for the other parts of my feet, so they are going back tomorrow. I'll look into Dansko as well. Apparently I need a firm, non bending sole.

And as for the other nerve stuff, well, I'm just getting used to it! It doesn't impede anything in any way. If it is still going on in a couple of weeks I'll see the Chiropractor.

I'm on kitty duty now and went over tonight for the first time for DD's kitten. I am eager to meet DS23's cat in December- he sounds pretty chill. I have only ever had dogs and I find cats wildly different. They just... vaporize and then appear and it startles the crap out of me!

I finally had on on-track day today after pretty much sucking for the past several. It's about time!

Holiday craft fair runs Fri-Sun so I am looking forward to going to that! I *LOVES* me a good craft fair!
  #1567   ^
Old Thu, Nov-04-21, 18:50

BF:

NIC- Awesome to see a post from you. Severance- hahahahahah funny- ummmmmmm not. You know honestly I am relieved. I really just hated that job. I always felt like I was so intrusive to people and that is not who I am.

So Nic- have you tired the "good Feet Store? I know they are a bit pricey but they make orthotics for you. So are you feeling numb still on legs or feet?

Are you pretty much settled with the new digs? Recliner and kitchen good to go?

---------------------------------------
Out to chill- later gators
  #1568   ^
Old Fri, Nov-05-21, 05:03

BF:

Nicco glad that nerve test went well. Get better shoes and hope you hit a great pair and see what they do for you. Chiro guy could help ya too so you still got some options to improve

oh yea mom and the Chop's mom are gonna effect things for sure.

but with his mom I said that IF she has to go into assisted living we are sending her down to Kentucky for his brother to handle. Cause my Chop has done everything for many many years and the bro has done nothing, so IF she has assisted living at any time since she is falling apart, I planted the seed she needs to go to KY near the other bro and it is his turn.....plus he won't be moving or anything, he is a stay put in his home type while we wanna travel. My Chop said he can't travel and not visit her a bunch so I said send her to KY and then we can travel and every now and then travel thru KY for a visit, he agreed wholeheartedly with that idea. Of course the good thing is his mom just loves the bro and would probably be very happy to go down to KY and take on living there near that bro since he never visits hardly so putting her near him and his wife, she would love that So that is one thought on how to handle that issue.

My mom is just see what goes down. With her it is gonna be something very fast I believe and very catastrophic when it goes down plus with her advanced age of Chop's mom, I feel my mom is that easier type of long term situation I don't kinda have to really think about, but with his mom, yea there will be some longer term issues to handle.

oh yea I been thinking on it all HA

But if his bro won't agree and take his mom near him, then if she goes into care around me we will not sell the house, we will just travel for a month or 2, come home, visit his mom, then go off again and travel til 'he can't take it anymore' or something and we just up and go but how does one walk away totally? Hard crap situations to handle for sure

OK enough of that stuff LOL

I always loved my cats. I love the stealth in them. I like they only want so much attention then ignore you My darn dog is on my tail all the time, so demanding, yet my cats would be there and then gone and I was like, cool...catch ya later HA

Jaz, so you are not fired or fired? But you are going to appeal? HUH LOL Yea they were out to get ya, I get that. Maybe don't even appeal and just wave it off, do your move and get another job? While the whole thing sucks they did pay for alot of your months of working and ya paid your bills, might be time to find someone else to get a paycheck from and let it rest?

Lori, waiting on a new post from you now.

----------going to get mom today for a few days visit here

kid off school....she says I don't wanna go today, can I have off and I say, Why? and she says ya want the real truth? and I say, be nice and she goes...I just don't feel like going and I said cool......take the day off. She hasn't taken hardly any days and is straight A so...

got 2 nice steaks and burger for today

over and out and be good all
  #1569   ^
Old Fri, Nov-05-21, 05:50

BF:

Good Morning!

Oh Jaz....the writing was on the wall with this job. It has not been a good fit since day 1. Now you'll have time to get packed up and put stuff in storage and head to your beloved beach.

Trig....Oh yea, the aging parent thing is a worry for sure. I had 10 years of a downhill slide with my Mom. DH's Mom just had a couple months of declining health. Now we have Betty to worry about. Soon we'll be at the front of the line. Wonder who will give a fig about us?

Nic.....Glad there are no major nerve problems going on. Happy you can take the shoes back that just won't work.

I've always had a cat, ever since I was little. I also have had dogs. I just find cats so much easier....as Trig said, less demanding. As they say, dogs have owners, cats have staff.

-----------

I didn't make it to the grocery store yesterday, so will probably go today. I also have to pull out flowers outside now that we've had a hard frost. I'll wait till it warms up a bit.

I talked to my golf buddy yesterday and we're going to try to play Sunday, Monday & Tuesday. It's supposed to be sunny and around 60 for a few days starting Sunday.

Tomorrow I'm doing "Stroll thru the Arts" in our little town. The main thing I want to look at is the pottery. I'll spend $$ on stuff I don't need, but it'll make me happy.

Time to get the washer spinning. Have good days!
  #1570   ^
Old Fri, Nov-05-21, 07:01

BF:

Trig- Giving ol' mom the "day off" huh- hahahahahah. Very cool!
Yeahhhhhhh I sure hear you loud and clap on the "mom's" issue. It is not easy. I will also be in that contentious boat. I hope not- and no use in worry about that now. My mom is still pretty young 75. So I have a few years to deal with that.

I agree on the job situation - just time to move on. So just a verb: people don't get fired any more we get termed. Like old batteries- just ready for the can and time to get fresh. Just like that. I'm over it and truly I relieved. I was so all over the place about how long I wanted to even stay. So I am just glad.

ALL- - Lori I know you are up and typing and we will most likely cross post!
Hey NIC!!!!!

I packed up most of the office last night- at least all the equipment and will drop it off at UPS today- gone, gone gone-
I am stopping in Walmart as they truly have THE best moving boxes for dirt cheap. Movers are lined up for the 20th.
Yes I am sticking "stuff" in a storage container 1/2 mile down the street.

My reservation to St. Simon is confirmed for the 14th. I will take most of what I will need for the next few months in the first carload and come back on the 20th and pack the rest. I will hand over the keys here and that is that.

So- speaking of all over the place. Now I am thinking I don't want to go back to COLD Ohio. I walked outside today and it's 48 degrees and blowing. I said to myself- HOW DO PEOPLE LIVE LIKE THIS?!?!?!?!? Ohio gets really cold. WHAT was I thinking?????

So now I am thinking about Summerville again. I am actually going to take a LONG weekend and visit it. It is a suburb just 35 minutes north of Charleston. I hear they are growing by leaps and bounds. It is 45 minutes to Folly beach and 30 to downtown Charleston. I could so see me there. That was where I wanted to go before HERE. I should have taken more time and spend there. I had Bella with me the weekend I visited and she was sick so it was not a great time to visit. So better planning next time around.

I am looking at this time as such a great opportunity to rewind the clock a bit and get it right! So here we go- another adventure! I am game!

I also woke up with such a positive energy about all of it. I didn't know just how much energy a negative place puts on one!

Today will be good and healthy eats. Might put in my turkey tenderloin. I am sorta in the mood for those. They are fast and easy and tastes different than chicken. I make a little homemade gravy from the drippings and I am set.

Off to get boxes and pack! It will be interesting to see just how fast I can pack this apt this time! I am considering donating these couches to Goodwill so I am not dragging them yet again to storage. I will get new ones wherever I land. ALL good!
  #1571   ^
Old Fri, Nov-05-21, 07:08

BF:

Lori- THERE you are! I knew we were cross posting! I had to get more coffee so yours came in before mine! HA

I am happy to hear you are going to get a few more games in before having to hang up the clubs for the year!

You are so right- after our parents we are next in line! HUSHHHHHHHHHHHHH-

Whats for dinner?
  #1572   ^
Old Fri, Nov-05-21, 08:17

BF:

Dinner.....hmmm.....I want to go to Jackass Brewing Company for a shrimp po'boy sandwich and a Caprese salad......OMG....so freakin' good. If DH isn't game, I may just go by myself this afternoon. I can sit there and have a craft beer and eat by myself...not a problem. He keeps saying we'll go and then he doesn't get home till late and has to go visit Betty etc. etc., it just never seems to work out. If we go early at 4, it won't be too crowded and we can get in and out without hassle.

I have a friend who lives in Summerville. She loves it there. The proximity to Charleston & Folly Beach sounds perfect for you.

Load of wash #3 in and spinning. Can't wait to crawl into freshly laundered sheets tonight....ahhhh....

Hugs all around!
  #1573   ^
Old Fri, Nov-05-21, 13:04

BF:

Lori- -
I was SUPER excited to hear about your friend and Summerville- can you tell me more?????????????

GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLL take your butt to the brewery
  #1574   ^
Old Fri, Nov-05-21, 13:32

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all!

Lori my sheets are in the dryer too. Love fresh clean sheets!

I'm glad you are going to get out and golf even more. Hooray!

I did a craft show today- more on that below. Yours sounds fun for tomorrow.

Jaz- "Summerville"- what a nice name for a town! Although I am not a huge summer-all-the-time person. I'm a four seasons gal!

Sounds like you are feeling a lot of pressure off of you. Good.

Trig- Seems fair to me that Chop's Mom goes to KY and you guys visit her there, especially if that is where she wants to go anyway. And while I wish her and your Mom all the rest, two years can be a long time, depending, so who knows? I know with me, I try to make each interaction with my parents as decent as I can because who knows if it is the last one, ya know?

With your kid doing as well as she is in school I would have done the same thing. Why not? She made it a long way without asking to stay home!

•••••••••••

Back home for a while. Had a slow-ish morning, then did kitty care and off to the craft show. It was $5 for a one day ticket or $7 for a three day ticket.. plus I had a coupon for one dollar off a 3 day. I did that, thinking I likely wouldn't be back but just in case.. well, I'm glad I did. I wore warm boots because it is outside and it was cold this morning (hat, gloves) but my feet could NOT hack it. I made it maybe halfway through and just decided that was enough and I'd come back tomorrow. Hobbled on back to the car and will visit again tomorrow.

I didn't buy much- I bought four little hand Molded and hand painted ornaments for a tree (we will put one up in DE too), but then I got DH the coolest thing! It's a Beach Table, made of wood with a carry handle, formed to look like a crab but with Ravens colors. It has space to put stuff on it, plus drink holders. You can even put your umbrella through it. Super cool and unique. I think he will like it and we will definitely use it!

Dh will be so happy tonight- K and B are in DE and they are all going to dinner, then Ds19 ended up jumping on board- he is meeting them all for dinner and then he and DH are going to the movies together. Pretty much DH's dream night. Even better bc I tend to get to do more with the kids, see them more, they text me more etc, so for him to have this time with the kids alone- well, I know it means a lot to him. So YAY for a happy DH.

The bunkbeds and so forth arrived today in DE (that is why he went early) so there are two set of bunkbeds and two underbids for a total of six beds in the bunkroom. Then the other bedroom will be Mom's Hideaway/Den. It's coming together! If money were infinite my next focus would be updating bathrooms (MD) and creating an expanded three season room (DE.)

That's about it for now!
  #1575   ^
Old Fri, Nov-05-21, 15:27

BF:

Jaz.....I don't have anything to tell about Summerville. I just know that I have an online friend who lives there! I've never been to see her there, but it sounds like a primo place to live.

Just home from the Brew Pub. I had my shrimp po'boy and they had smoked deviled eggs. I don't know what was smoked about them, but they were good. They fire up their smoker on the weekends and have specials. DH had the Tri-tip sandwich, but it was disappointing. Too much fat & gristle. I gave him one of my shrimp. We shared a beer infused choc cupcake that was so freakin' good. I'll pay for it when I step on the scale tomorrow, but it was worth it.

It's not even 5:30 and I've brushed my teeth, washed my face and I'm ready to crawl into my nice clean sheets. I'll try to make it to 9 o'clock, but feel like I could head to bed now!

Nic......glad you have a multi-day pass for the craft show since your feet were "playing up" today. Hope it goes better tomorrow. I'm going to check out "Stroll Thru the Arts" tomorrow and see what I can see. I'm quite sure I'll come home with a new piece of pottery, if only a coffee cup.

G'nite!