Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1531   ^
Old Fri, Oct-29-21, 04:44

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Nothing much going on today. I'm feeling ok and my arm is slowly getting better. Less sore and the redness may be a bit better...certainly not any worse. I'm going to take some of Betty's laundry to the laundromat and then go to the grocery store. I'll stop back and transfer stuff to the dryer and then go back later and get it. This laundromat is never busy early in the morning and is spotlessly clean. It is in the middle of the college campus, but I seldom see more than 1 or 2 people there even mid day. I like to go early right after they have cleaned and before the college kids wake up.

Rain is coming in later this morning and it's going to be a dismal day. I'd like to get my running around done early before the worst of the weather. We're scheduled for golf on Sunday, but we'll see. I'm kind of winding down from golf and getting into hibernation mode.

Scale is stuck on 157. I'm dying to see a 156.? I haven't seen a number that low since I was in my early 30's!! If I could hold my weight between 150-155, I think that would be ideal. It's funny...since starting the protein priority way of eating, it is so much easier not to eat the "bad" stuff. It's so true that protein is satisfying and when you give your body what it needs(protein), it will not compel you to eat anything and everything.

----------

Jaz.....Don't torture yourself too much with eating only the veggie soup. Your body craves protein girl! I admire your ability to do the fasting. It causes me to rebel and go off the rails. I don't have the discipline, I guess.

Nic.....Enjoy your down time while your friends are wine tasting today. As you said, it sounds like a nice balance of alone time and friend time.

Trig....Hope you got your hair all spruced up so you feel better. It does make a difference.

----------

Well, I need to dig up something to eat as the tummy is grumbling. I try to have extra protein for my first meal as it keeps me satisfied for a good, long time. As soon as it gets daylight, I'm going to head out and get my running around done. Have good days!
Sponsored Links
  #1532   ^
Old Fri, Oct-29-21, 06:55

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning!

Rain is gone and I am waking up to a cool, and cloudless sky and it will warm up to a beautiful day and weekend! I have nothing on my "to do list"! I am loving that. Got the laundry done yesterday and no need to hit the grocery for awhile.

Lori- So glad you feel better. So now you are thinking it was a reaction to your shingles vaccine????

So glad to hear Betty is humming along now and everything on an even keel. Did that doctor make an actual offer on her house yet? It would be nice if that truly works out! Too good to be real! Sometimes life does hand you roses! I do believe in Karma! Miss Betty must have been a gem most of her life!

So speaking of protein in the morning. The collagen we drink has a ton of protein in it! I love that too! Not only does it have protein, ZERO carbs, but it builds back ligaments and joints, nails, hair, skin, and is also thought to do a host of other benefits. But it does have 11 grams of protein per scoop. Do you use the Vital collagen too? I know NIC uses that one too! I love it and will always use it. "They" are doing alot of studies now on collagen and aging. Very cool actually.

NIC- You are NOT doing the wine tasting?!?!?!?!? Oh wow..... which winery are they checking out?!?!? Chatue Elon? Oh speaking of winery..... Have you been to the Biltmore? They also have a winey among other things..... I bought a few bottles from there.

Now that was a fun trip with the kids. I took them the day after Christmas when it was totally decked out and a tree in every room with a theme room! It was really sensory overload! A trip one must see. However, it was also a one and done.

So what else is in your plans with the gals?????? You all going out for dinner, hiking? Do you love the house? Are the leaves pretty? How far from Helen are you?

Trig- - Sun is out today- GET outside and lace up those shoes. I will if you will. Pinky swear. I need a kick in the butt and sounds like you might want one too!!!!! Nic and Lori- just work out naturally- It is a chore for me!

What do you have going on this weekend? It is going to be PRETTY!!!!
------------------------------------------------------
I am going to get some sun and fresh air today. I am going to wait for it to warm up a bit and take pup for a walk.

Back at ya later!!!!!!!

ENJOY SOME SUNSHINE!
  #1533   ^
Old Fri, Oct-29-21, 07:15

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Good morning!

Yeah no wine tasting for me- I like a little wine now and again but am not a big drinker. Although last night we did get into margaritas made with Patron. These two will start off with a cocktail at lunch So I happily serve as the DD. This wine tasting thing takes them to four vineyards and has 20 tastings!! I would have the world’s biggest headache! On the first night one person ordered a 130$ bottle of wine! No thanks!

I’m definitely ready for my down day. You’ll know who I am and how I am. The talking! All the talking! It has been a good trip but I’ll definitely be ready to head back tomorrow. I’ll be in Maryland until next Thursday because Rob picked out the bunkbeds and so he needs me to go down early.

Lori I’m glad that you’re feeling better and that you got to go and walk around and get some exercise in. I know how much that helps you and makes you feel better!

Jaz, I know the wind in Delaware is going to be an absolute ass kicker in the winter. I’ll definitely be using gloves and a hat. Boardwalk walks will definitely be limited to days when the wind isn’t blowing hard.

Trig, I hope things are looking up for you a little bit and you’re feeling a little bit more settled. I know that’s going to be a bruise on your feelings for a while.
  #1534   ^
Old Fri, Oct-29-21, 07:18

BF:

Anyway I leave to take them around 11 and I’m going to stop and putter around a couple of thrift stores in town and then head back here. I’m just going to enjoy chilling out and doing some reading for a while. Will be going out to dinner and I’m sure talking a lot tonight so I am looking forward to just having some quiet and low stimulation time!

The person who owns this house owns several other properties with her husband and she never goes to any of them alone. She always takes family members or has a friend to go with her. I on the other hand I’ve been trying to figure out which friends I could tolerate for several days in Delaware and how to invite them in such a way that I can tell them exactly when to leave!
  #1535   ^
Old Sat, Oct-30-21, 05:31

BF:

Good Morning!

Another dreary, rainy day. I'm hoping the rain stops by this evening as DH has signed us up to go on a cemetery tour at 7PM. WTH? It is a fund raiser for a historical society in a neighboring town. I guess people are dressed up in period costume and stationed at various graves where they will tell you about the people who are buried there. DH promises that it is not a scary ghost tour, just meant to be informative about some "famous" people buried there. Can you feel my excitement?

Yesterday I made a treat for DH. His Mother used to make something called a Milk Pie. Some people call it sugar pie. It is just sugar, flour, milk poured into an unbaked pie shell, sprinkled with cinnamon and a few "dots" of butter and baked. I had never tried making one and just got a wild hair to try it. I dug out MIL's recipe cards and whipped one up. DH declares it as delicious and just like his Mom used to make. I may have started something. It is easy to make as I just use Pillsbury pie crust that you just unroll and put in your pie pan. Now DH wants me to make him a cherry crumb pie.....his favorite.

I think DH is trying to sabotage my weight loss attempt. The other day he brought me ice cream and yesterday he brought me a donut! URGH! I ate the dang donut and the scale was up this morning. I know it's not fat, but it still pi$$es me off. It was not even that good. I should have just thrown it out and let him think that I ate it so as not to hurt his feelings. Sigh......he means well, but come on!

--------

Nic......You're heading for home today, right? I'm sure you had a nice time with your friends, but it'll feel good to be back in your own "nest". When going away with friends, I think it's key to have your own space and time....not be 24/7 with others. I think that's why a few days with my sister is fun, but I'm always ready to come home. We don't have our own space at her small apartment. I don't have my own room when I'm there. Just a day bed in her den where the TV is. Thank goodness for headphones and my laptop!

You saying you wonder how to tell visitors that it's time to leave reminds me of a story Betty tells about an older lady friend that she had years ago. Betty would be there visiting and when the old lady got tired of the company she would say "And now, you must go" That was that!

Jaz....Are you getting rained on too? Hope you can enjoy your weekend before logging on to the job Monday morning.

Trig....Did you get your hair colored? Hope it wasn't painful. Anything special going on for you this weekend?

----------

Okay, that's it from here. Talk soon!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Sat, Oct-30-21 at 05:52.
  #1536   ^
Old Sat, Oct-30-21, 07:18

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco....very simple...you say you can come for Tues and Wed and get the hell out on Thurs. HAHA I have no issue with laying down the law on a time frame for a trip I plan with any friends LOL Yea that is me. I must do me or in the bitter end of it all I just can't take it, older I get, worse it gets so you got more worse coming at ya since I am older than you and we are kinda that same personality

Lori my hubby buys buttermilk pie. OMG just buttermilk and sugar in a crust, most disgusting item on the planet to me but he inhales it with a big smile on his face. Very cool you made it for your DH!! My hubby doesn't expect alot from me in the sugar realm anymore, he walks thru the door after work with a bag every now and then with 'crap he wants' so I am cool with just that. Don't look this way to get that ick fix HA

I have to say I would love your cemetary tour, tha tis the kind of thing I like, but not in the rain and cold but yea that would be something I would do Let us know how it goes!

Jaz your weather turn? We are days of ick, gray, rainy, cold and just blah here.
No zip in my step

----------------SO I AM STILL off
I am digging me out of a mental hole. I don't know, I am like SO OVER IT ALL ya know and I know you guys know this phase of the BS all out there.

I got me a big mess of chicken wings. I AM SO into chicken wings when I said a few years ago I can barely stand chicken wings anymore and now I don't want a steak, I am inhaling chicken wings like a maniac. I don't know

hubby working
kid being pain but cool
dog circling the house with long nails clicking on hardwoods and ready to shoot his azz

me, I don't know....doing whatever today and maybe throw in a few house chores of course, omgosh that never needs not to be done LOL

so got our haircuts so that is done and YES now I gotta color, haven't done it yet but 'darn I need it' cause I don't like the brown with alot of gray look at all and the color washing out is leaving me very washed out and not vibrant look....today is maybe the day to get the hair handled.....let ya know if I survive

be good all
  #1537   ^
Old Sat, Oct-30-21, 08:50

BF:

Good SATURDAY !!!!!! NOPE sunshine yesterday and today. All the rain is North of me. I saw Atlanta for rain- I was basking in the sun!

LORI- You had me CRACKING up with Bettys friend. I can just picture someone very "Queen"- Standing up and saying TA Ta - visit again..........

Ahhhhhhh yes the "Sugar Pie". Being from Ohio/ near Amish county we got recipes from there too! So My grandmother made "Shaker Sugar Pie" It was my FAVORITE! It was made with condensed milk, eggs, flour, cinnamon, and was more of a custard. I loved it. I like custard anyway. She used to make that too! Oh the smells of baking custard. She had these tittle custard cups she would put in a baking pan with water on bottom and bake low and slow. I could hardly wait for them to cool! Then she covered them so they didn't "crack" when cooling!

I bet you being close to Amish country and making your beef and noodles as well have a few more recipes around! None are LC!!!!!

So your hubby bringing you sweets?!?!?!?!!? What up with that? Tell him to bring you some BEEF JERKY!!!!!
You will lose that pound in a day! No worries.

NIC- Safe travels! I am glad you are heading home and I bet you are going to be happy to get home to your quiet place. I also bet you are going to start feeing it is not as cozy as your DE home. I was reading about Kathy Lee. She had a huge home too. He hubby passed and the kids moved and she said it was just too big.
Not saying you are at that place! However, I be you find the smaller space, a bit cozy and the place you really bloom as your new life there becomes more the norm. I would love it!!!
I can't wait to see how you decorate it for the holidays!

TRIG- - How are you doing this weekend? Hoping you are having fun. Do you ever do camp fires/ bon fires in your awesome backyard?!?!?!?!?!?!
Oh I would be making a fire pit- pulling out the rum drinks, and camps chairs and chilling!!!! You have the best yard for that!
How kiddo doing? So cool that she is loving this year in school!
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I ended up not doing a lot of anything yesterday. I had a low level headache that blossomed as the day went on! It got windy and cool yesterday even though it was sunny. I just don't like wind. So I pretty much chilled and watched TV, and puttered around. I didn't have alot of energy. I wondered if I was getting sick, but woke up feeling good this morning. Who knows?!?!?!?!?

I am up a pound! I was waiting for that drop- and stepped on the scale and boom up!!!!! WTH? I don't want to bounce here. Well I did notice I drink tons of water yesterday and didn't "pee" alot- so I am holding fluid. I seriously need to LOSE that salt shaker!

Ok- need to toss in the doggie blankets into washer. Sun has disappeared just like that and in comes dark rolling clouds and it's cold here- so much for the beach today! Hopefully I can get out! I would love to get this car washed!!!!!
  #1538   ^
Old Sat, Oct-30-21, 18:49

BF:

8:45PM and just home from the cemetery tour. It was really quite interesting. They had actors portraying some of the famous residents. The rain stopped about an hour before our tour started and it wasn't too cold.....in the 50's. Could have been much worse this time of year.

I'm hoping the girls want to cancel golf for tomorrow. I can't imagine how swampy the course must be after all the rain we've had. We've had 2 months of more rain than usual, so the course hasn't been dry for a LONG time.

We're watching some football and then I'll be heading to bed. See you in the morning!
  #1539   ^
Old Sun, Oct-31-21, 05:49

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jazz it is the weather sinus type thingy dragging you down...I hate it too....us who REQUIRE hot dry weather all the time with some salt in the air don't fair well on stormy, gray, blah days LOL

Lori....oh that sounds cool and I wouldn't really enjoyed that cem. walk. Glad you liked it.

I hope you don't golf, cause if you got our weather then it is just a super nasty day. we got big fog out there, and that chill damp I super hate

Nicco, I lost track of you Where you at and what ya doing but I saw bigfoot museum in your post back before and I would be doing that for sure....when I get in the rv and head west I am bigfoot tracking to the max

---------blah, damp NIKY...which is nasty icky combined

and hubby dragging my azz later to movie Dune. I don't know it but he is all about it? Some remake or Dune2, heck I don't know, don't wanna go, I have no use for a movie theater ever but yea I will go and told kid she should come but she is using every bit of her willpower to get out of it HA Ah, she doesn't have to if she don't wanna but darn why should I suffer alone

So I am in a blah, BOO HALLOWEEN Humbug Halloween mood and don't care that I am

nothing much, over and out and be good all
and still didn't color hair, seems like alot of work, maybe later
  #1540   ^
Old Sun, Oct-31-21, 07:30

BF:

Sunday Morning-

Nic- you should be home by this time or darn close to it or in transit! I know you will be so happy to get home. What is funny about all this, and we all do it. We look forward to XYZ away from home , but at the end of the day we crave our space and bed! But it is nice to get away!

Lori- I would cancel even if your friends don't. You are allowed! Tell them JAZ said you could! I would hate to slog around in a wet mess. No fun, whats the point. Although, I did see it is going to be cool and sunny in your area today!

What's on your menu today?

Trig- I think it is a sinus thing. I have been nose blowing all morning! I know TMI!!!!

Hubby dragging you to a movie theater- urghhhhhhhh. I would not be into that at all. I guess we all have had to do the "wifey" thing at times...... movies, football, ect..... but then again I think about how many times we drag guys to stores, or parties they hate!

I have a funny story for you! So when I lived in Greenville that was about the time my DD was getting married. So I had this date, meeting this guy for the first time ect..... My DD called my frantic on my date. I rarely answer if I am out, but she kept calling. She was supposed to pick up her dress but got sick and I had to pick it up before the store closed. So I asked the dude if he would go to the Bridal store with me! He was sorta freaked out! Yeahhhhhhh He was a one and done........ hahahahaha

Let us know how the movie is! My son is coming for Thanksgiving on the beach and we both want to see the Matrix 4 - so there ya have it. I am hoping though we can buy it and stream it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Sunny and cool. I mean the clouds really did leave!!!!! But highs only upper 60's. But still nice enough to put on some leggings and a jacket and get out.
Heading over to St. Simon for the day. Will leave here about 10 and get there 11:15.

I will putter around the pier and head to beach to take a walk and then might end up at the infused oil store. Yes taking pup with me so I don't have to have a clock. Dogs are allowed on the beach after Memorial day- Labor Day. It really is a dog friendly island which is why alot of people love it.

Lost my pound and believe it or not I can feel it. You can feel fluid retention.

Ok- time to pack up the beach bag and head out. - Oh yea-

Have a great day- TRIG- Do your hair!!!!!!!!
  #1541   ^
Old Sun, Oct-31-21, 07:46

BF:

Hey chicks!

I'm back home in MD- got in last night. Glad to be here, slept well in my own bed. Looking forward to mostly relaxing here today and not-peopling! I do have some NoBS stuff to catch up with- there is a Handling the Holidays course and also the book club is kicking off with Soundtracks by Jon Acuff. I started that on the plane. Also want to do some light meal planning for the week but not too much since I leave on Thursday for DE. I might make some soup this week that I can freeze and take with me also for meals there. I can always leave some in the freezer to enjoy there.

Jaz- Enjoy your day at St Simon! Sounds so nice! What is the boardwalk like there?

Trig- I don't know squat about Dune but I do know that Timothee Chalomet (sp?) is in it and he is such a good actor. He is going to be doing a Wonka movie that I think will be the PREQUEL to the classic Willie Wonka movies, explaining why he is why he is, which sounds fascinating to me. BTW Dune is on HBO Max, Dh says he saw it while I was gone. You could probably get a couple of months of HBO Max at home for the cost of going to the theater!

Lori- Did you go golfing? Hopefully the weather is decent for you. I hope you are feeling all right!

So I mostly caught up a bit above. I have a dentist appt Monday, and a nerve test on Wednesday. I was supposed to see the podiatrist on Wednesday so I'll see if that can be moved earlier or if there are any cancellations. If not then it will have to wait- I need to be in DE by Friday for a bunk bed delivery for the kids' bunk room. I get to be at the DE house for over a week so I am excited about that.

My SIL will be throwing a shower for Chris and Emily but trying to find a date is so hard! It isn't even C&E that are the issue but trying to plan around the other family members has been a trial.. this family has spring break, then that family has spring break, then this person is traveling, then that person is traveling.. OMG! Still, super super SUPER nice of her and she gives amazing parties.

Not too much else to add- doing a couple of loads of laundry and just looking forward to chilling today. My feet held up quite well overall but that darn lumpy feeling is still hanging out. My friend is convinced it is a pinched nerve and I am hopeful that is the case and we can get it all worked out pretty easily. I want to be able to motor around all over the place again without thinking about it!
  #1542   ^
Old Sun, Oct-31-21, 07:55

BF:

Good Morning!

We're having big issues with Betty this morning. She called at 4AM and said she couldn't get up off the toilet. She already has an elevated toilet seat, but she didn't have the strength to pull herself up. DH went dashing up to her house, got her back to bed and made her some toast. She just called again at 9:30 and said she was there again and couldn't get up. This situation is certainly not sustainable. We're putting in a call to home health services thru her visiting nurse tomorrow to get some guidance. It's just so odd that all of the sudden she can't get up. She can get up out of her bed, which isn't high, but not off the toilet. And so it begins........we've been lucky for years that she was sort of self-sufficient, but it appears that is coming to an end. I think we're headed for some rough times.

We all decided we weren't going to try to play golf today. It was raining again this morning. What a mess. My golf may be over for the year if we're having to spend more time taking care of Betty. I can't be unavailable for 4 hours at a time. It is what it is.

----------

Trig......Ugh...being dragged to the movies. I wouldn't want to go either. I'm just not a movie person. I don't even watch them on TV. Not my thing.

Jaz.....Lucky you heading to the beach! Have a beautiful day!

Nic....Hope you are safely back in your nest.

----------

I've been a bit off the rails for the past 2 days with my eating. Totally disgusted with myself. I'm being careful today to stay low cal & low carb. Making tenderloin steaks for dinner with a baked potato for DH. Just steak for me please.

Hard to believe tomorrow is November 1st. I'm restarting my Pahla B. body shaping workouts and getting serious. My restart last week fell apart when I got sick from the Shingles vax. Oh well.....a Monday and the 1st of a new month sounds like a better starting point anyway. I just need to get a solid week under my belt for it to become an established habit to get my workout done every morning.

Hugs to all!
  #1543   ^
Old Sun, Oct-31-21, 14:44

BF:

Lori- I am wondering about a UTI for Betty. Elderly people show UTI so differently than we do. Especially if she has some incontintance, just something to think about. Confusion and weakness are the first symptoms.
I am sorry you have that on your shoulders. I am hopeful you all have a plan in place before now. It sounds like she might need (somebody other than YOU) 24/7 to stay with her. As you said- not sustainable.
Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhh blink and we will be in her shoes!!!!!

Nic-
- very glad you are home and nesting in!!!!! It will take a few days. I just knew your draw to get to DE would be as strong as mine is to St. Simon. It is just a different world. One where people are just living in the moment and loving every once of it. They are happy and the water and beach recharges ones batteries. People are just HAPPY! That is PRICELESS!!!!!!!!

Trig- Thought of you on the beach!!!!!!!!!!! Almost wrote your name in the sand........HEHEHEHEH
----------------------------------------------
Speaking of.............. I got up this morning and just felt pulled to hit up the beach and am SO SO SO happy I did. I TRULY NEED to go more often even for day trips. Seriously, when I was in Atlanta it was an hour or longer to get to and from work. I thought nothing about it. That is average travel work time.

I can make it to the beach on the weekend in the same time frame. I just loved my day. Back home after 2 miles on the beach and then a walk in the park and rest on a swing on the pier. I wore out the pup who slept the entire way home.

It is nice - just finished fish "tacos". I am LOVING that Lavish Joseph Bread, that Blue was always talking about. I discovered it this year when I moved here. Not every store carries it. I can have all the things I love and stay under 20 carbs. It is a GAME changer for me.
I made fish tacos tonight for 10 carbs total- 2 SMALL glasses of wine 4 carbs = water after that I came in under my goal of 20.

I have found that 20 carbs is my sweet spot. I stall lower, and gain higher. Truly. This is about what I hit when I lost all that weight the first time. I stayed 20. It is MY sweet Spot. I am losing and it works for me.

Tomorrow will be some left over fish/ nacho's - or Pizza, LAVISH style.
I'm telling ya - it is working for me. I am expecting a drop here soon. I do and will kick up the movement. It FELT so so so so amazing to walk the beach again after not, since I fell and busted up my knee. So today was just simply what I needed to just recharge and just BE!!!!!!!! I feel GREAT!

Ok ya'll- going to finish my 6 oz 2nd glass of wine on my patio and enjoy my guilty pleasure. I bought a magazine I normally don't buy. I think mostly they are $$$$ and I just don't. But I splurged and I haven't had a chance to just chill in some sunshine as sun hits the lower sky and relax. Tomorrow and the stress will be here soon enough.

Enjoying my mindless - Series on Prime too! Ya gotta catch those days, moments that are pure bliss when you can!
  #1544   ^
Old Mon, Nov-01-21, 05:21

BF:

Good Morning!

Jaz......I loved your beach pictures! I NEED to see the ocean again. I can just walk the beach and sit and watch the waves for hours. Lucky you!

I hope work is not too stressful for you this week.

Trig & Nic.....hope you had a good weekend!

---------

No middle of the night calls from Betty last night. All that means is that she didn't get up to use the bathroom. She is totally incontinent so the only reason for her to use the toilet is for #2. She has been having diarrhea the past few days, which is not unusual. Yesterday when DH took her dinner, she told him that she hadn't eaten anything all day(other than the toast that DH made for her at 4AM). I knew she would do that. She figures if she doesn't eat, she won't have to "go". How horrible for her. She did eat the cheeseburger that DH took her last night. It is her favorite thing to eat. At 8 this morning we're going to call her nurse and get in touch with social services to see where we go from here. She, and we, cannot go on like this. We can't bring her here and us moving in with her is no long term solution. We're hoping someone will visit today to evaluate the situation and give us some guidance. I think she's to the point where she needs more help than we can give, whether at her home or in a facility. She has always resisted in home care other than her visiting nurse. I don't think she'll go along with someone there all the time and I'm not sure that's the best option. She is already thinking that she's going to have to go to a place where there is more help for her. She has often told DH that when the time comes, she won't put up a fight. Yesterday morning at 4AM when DH had to help her off the toilet, she said "Well, I know what this means." We are lucky that her mind is still good. Sorry for dumping all this here, but it helps my stress level to get it out.

I think this will be a rough week for all of us. We've been on borrowed time for a long time. It's amazing she has been fairly independent for this long.

Thanks for listening!
  #1545   ^
Old Mon, Nov-01-21, 06:30

BF:

Monday Morning!

Lori-
I am so sorry for all this going on with Betty. That being said I am very THANKFUL- her mind is good and she too knows. It might not be what she wants but it might be what she needs. There are some really classy Assisted Living facilities. They are NOT Nursing homes. they have white clothe table clothes and chandeliers in the dining rooms. They are also set up that she can have her own apt. Yet have someone come and help her with her ADL's.
They do "tours" all the time. I know the nice ones run about 6-7 k a month. But that includes meals and assistance, and medications as well. They also have a nurse on duty 24/7. I would give that a try.

I know that Brighton is one........ You might want to look in your area. I do know that Long term insurance though does not cover Assisted Lived, only a Nursing home. She is not ready for that just yet. The Assisted Living could be a nice transition and she could live there and even hire additional services if needed. Just something to think about. Not only that- she would meet people.

I am hoping this resolves quickly- but I know it is a process. What would help is to get the house resolved so she has options. I would in the mean time get her checked for a UTI and get some meds for her #2. God it sucks to get older!!!!! I feel for her! Like I said- someday we all will be in her shoes quicker than a blink!

Hugs and more Hugs!!!!!!!!

Trig- hope the sun helped. Sunshine is essential for mood for me too! Endless gray days do not cut it. As long as the sun is out I am good!

Does your kiddo get a Fall Break? Is that Thanksgiving? I know you are counting the days!

Nic- You rested up yet? I know you have a dentist appointment today and a nerve test on Wed. Have you ever had that before? How is your leg doing? I was thinking about the pinched nerve........ I wonder if a great massage would help loosen everything up!!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------
I need to pull up the big girl britches today. They wanted me to quit Friday and I told them I was coming back today. Just going to do my job and nothing more. I mean NOTHING more. No chit chat- nada. Get in and get out.

Sun is out and cool today. I can handle that.

So here I sit again- this line in the sand I can't seem to step over. It is driving me batty! 3 lousy ass pounds to cross over!!!! I know it's the journey right?!?!?!?!?! LOLOLOLOL

I am not sure on my meal yet. I am thinking "pizza"- on Lavish. I bought some beautiful Portabella mushrooms and peppers that would be great. Top it with goat feta and olive oil and basil! YES! Just talked myself into that. DONE!

Have a good one