Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > PCOS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Nov-08-12, 06:49

Plan: General Low-Carb
Stats: 183/178/161 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Choline / Inositol

Hello there , anyone on Choline / Inositol? Nutritionist just put me on it to help me while losing weight with PCOS. Hadn’t heard of them before, Choline is supposed to help with Liver and Gall Bladder support, Cardiovascular Health, Mental and Emotional Health and Nerve Health and Inositol is a compound that prevents the accumulation of fat and cholesterol in the liver, it also helps Mental and Emotional Health and Nerve Health or so the Nutriotionist says . Just curious if anyone found any benefits from taking them and by the same token I will let anyone that is interested know how I get on with these.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Dec-09-12, 15:37

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 168/168/133 Female 170cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi
I have never heard of Choline, but I am currently looking into Inositol.I am newly diagnosed PCOS. Iam on other fertility supplements and Omega 3 (high dose) so dont want to take anything that will interfere with those and my TTC meds.....
Will be interested to see how you get on with them. What dose did the Nutritionist put you on if you dont mind me asking?
Fiona
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-13, 09:38
Registered Member

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 264/213/146 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 43%

My gyn also recommended I take these supplements. I haven't purchased yet though. Also wondering if others use the supplements.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-13, 11:17
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Hmm... never heard of gyno's using them, but I've been reading about Nootropic supplements and choline is one of them.

I'm taking some anticholinergic drugs and I worry about them messing up my brain, so I thought I'd look into nootropic supplements.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Dec-11-13, 08:20

Plan: LC with CO
Stats: 479.6/475/299 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 3%

I hadn't heard of Choline or Inositol until I read about it on this thread (and then read up on them online). I bought some a couple weeks ago and have been taking them.

I bought the myo-inositol in powder form. It's sweet. Come to find out it's a sugar alcohol. I wasn't sure about taking it since I'm in ketosis and sugar alcohols can sometimes trigger binge eating, etc. Anyway, I decided to keep taking it. I probably get a teaspoon of it a day. Being a sugar alcohol, it can have laxative effects. It's easy to take though. So, I like that.

Anyway, been taking it maybe 10 days. I also take 500 mg of Choline a day. And my period was 4 days early. Even with PCOS, I'm fairly regular, so I'm not sure if it's the choline/inositol that prompted an early period or what. I'll keep taking it and see what happens.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Dec-14-13, 05:59

Plan: will follow LC
Stats: 305/305/155 Female 5' 5"
BF:unhealthy
Progress: 0%

I'm unfamiliar with Choline, but have been taking Inositol for a few years, per my wholistic Dr./Chiropractor who uses kinesiology for diagnosis. I wasn't aware of it's benefits re. preventing fat and cholesterol in the liver, but feel it has been helpful both with nerve health, and mood.