Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Fibromyalgia, CFS, S.A.D.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Nov-05-04, 07:51

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 168/163/128 Female 5'1.5''
BF:44%/44%/22-28%
Progress: 13%

Good morning, Nancy and Jimsbride. I am sorry to hear that you both don’t feel well.

Yesterday, I was too busy to workout. The only good reason not to workout is too much pain so I have to focus on my priorities to make sure it doesn’t happened too often. When I don’t do Pilates in the morning, I don’t do it at all…

My goal for today is doing Pilates before noon.

I hope you two will feel better soon.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Nov-05-04, 08:03

Plan: Somersize
Stats: 291.5/259/135 Female 66 inches
BF:off the scale
Progress: 21%
Smile Cold and Windy Day!

Hi Cali and Nancy!

Today is a new day and I am hoping for the best. Right now I have been at desk for about an hour and back is starting again. So, this is definately the end of this session for me. Anyhow, good news is that dh is getting me a laptop so that I can sit comfy and work. YEAH!!! Don't know when though.

Anyhow, it is very cold and winding out today. I am not sure about the walking. I am seriously contemplating the workout tape, however. It does alot for my muscles anyway.

OK, I promise by 2:00 PM today to have done 1st part of work out tape and the abs session on it. WOW! If I do this I have really accomplished something, be back later to check in!
Quote:
When I don’t do Pilates in the morning, I don’t do it at all…
Cali, you don't do what at all?

Catch yas later!!!
Jimsbride
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Nov-05-04, 17:03

Plan: Drs Bernskins
Stats: 260/232.4/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:lots
Progress: 28%

Hi ladies,
I have been down for the count. I have been getting up and just walking a few times around the house every couple of hours or so but can't even drive yet.
I am feeling better so am not pushing it. I will try some step counting tomorrow if I continue to feel better.
Hugs to both of you,
Nancy
  #34   ^
Old Sat, Nov-06-04, 08:28

Default Bad bad Day!!!

Got lots to do today!

Toning is coming out today!!! I promise it!!! I am going to start it in the morning when meds kick in! So by 12:00, I will have toned!

Did not do excercise yesterday. Went on errands, ate CAD meal and got very sick!

My fault! I asked for it. I am sooo glad for a new start today!!!
  #35   ^
Old Sun, Nov-07-04, 15:25

I finally got my Pilates done today!
Quote:
Cali, you don't do what at all?

The Pilates. If I don’t do Pilates in the morning, I just don’t find a right time to do it later in the day.

First, I have to do it on an empty stomach. I don’t like working my abs after eating, even if it is a small snack.

Then, if I wait before supper, I will probably feel too tired to workout. If I am not too tired, I will use the energy left to cook supper.

I hope you two had a nice weekend!
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-04, 10:07

Hi Michelle and Cali,
I am still somewhat in a flare but slooowly coming out of it and will start back with the exercise. I will try to walk 3,725 steps today and as I have to do a little housework that will be it. I like the step method cause I don't have to do it all at once.!
Hope both of you are having pain free days.
Hugs,
Nancy
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-04, 16:06

Hi, I am feeling good today. My foot is getting better, my knees are not bothering me and the sun was shinning. I finally went through the entire belly dancing tape today, the whole 30 minutes! As you can see in my signature, I am back at not cheating too.

Nancy, I always felt that housework should be counted as workout. Your step counter is a perfect way to make it count. The next time I am doing some cleaning, I will put my heart rate monitor on to see what I get from that!

What about you Jimsbride?
  #38   ^
Old Tue, Nov-09-04, 06:22

Hi Michelle and Cali,
Good going Cali! 30 minutes of belly dancing! I am very impressed!!!
Hope all is well with you Michelle???
For myself I beat my goal of 3,775 steps yesterday. Steps taken 4,560=1.737 mi=255.2cal.
I myself was cheat free until yesterday Cali. I got into a pack of snickers bars and ate quite a few of them. At least they were tiny! Good for you for being cheat free for so long. You are doing so well. Oh well, today is a new day and I haven't cheated for b'fast so I'll take it a meal at a time.
OK...here is my today's exercise goals: to walk 3,800 steps and to do a 1.5 hour yogas practice (formal). If I can do that today I will know that the flare is definately lifting!
Good going for you Cali...what an inspiration you are!!!
Michelle...where are you...hope all is well with you?
Hugs to both of you,
Nancy
  #39   ^
Old Tue, Nov-09-04, 10:04

Hi Nancy, congratulations on beating your goal for yesterday’s steps.

Quote:
Good for you for being cheat free for so long

I would not call two days so long… I forgot to add the 2004 at the end of that signature!
I will add it now.

Pilates are done for today. We had two sunny in a row, what a treat! I always feel better when the sun is shinning, I don’t know why.

Jimsbride, I know that when I don’t feel well, typing at the computer is the last thing I want to do. I hope you feel well enough to give us some news about you soon.

Have a nice day!
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Nov-10-04, 07:00

Hi Cali and Michelle,
Cali WTG on the pilates...gosh Michelle hope all is well with you...maybe I'll do a drive by stop at your journal.
Cali you are ahead of me in being cheat free...1 day for me so far.
OK, yesterdays goals were met. I did do 1.5 hours of formal Shavroopa yoga. Step goal was 3,800. I exceeded it. Did 5,121 steps=1.939 mi=286.6 cal Yay for me!
Todays goals are to tone arms and abds and walk 3,825 steps.
Hugs to both of you...Cali I usually feel better when the sun is out...rain and snow especially when they are on their way and the weather fronts are changing kill me!
Hugs again,
Nancy
  #41   ^
Old Wed, Nov-10-04, 13:53

Hiya girls!

Sorry I disappeared, I have been dealing with some serious pain. And this cold front is throwing me through a loop with my walking. My friend is sending my a tape of pilates and a ball!! (She is so sweet). And my hopes is that I will be able to do them. I can't stand any form of coldness touching me. The pain is excruiating whether it is in the form of wind or ice. And it doesn't matter where it hits. If someone touches my hand with cold hands, my hand fills with pain and my whole nervous system feels it.

Well, I wanted to be honest b/c that is what we are here for, to support each other. Also, if my morning are good, I have been using them to do nagging jobs and by afternoon and evening, I am a mess again. I am sorry. I will improve!!!

Lots of hugs,
Jimsbride
  #42   ^
Old Thu, Nov-11-04, 09:11

Good morning Nancy and Jimsbride. Sorry for not showing up yesterday. I did the belly dancing and this morning, I feel sore in strange places. I don’t feel like complaining too much about my dreams, at least I am sleeping, but I actually dreamt that I was abducted my aliens! First time in my life! Well, I woke up all stressed out.

Cold rain is on its way, I can tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsbride
I can't stand any form of coldness touching me.

When I started having problems with my foot, someone had me put it on ice. It made my whole leg cramp then the lower back and eventually the whole body. It was torture! It never did any good to the foot. I know better now. Maybe a little cool on the lump for a few seconds so it feels better and then forget the ice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsbride
if my morning are good, I have been using them to do nagging jobs and by afternoon and evening, I am a mess again.

Actually, the way I see it, if I don’t put myself first, I will get worst and have even less time to do those little nagging things. That’s why I workout in the morning, while I still can, even if it means some other important things won’t get done that day.

I whish you two a nice day.
  #43   ^
Old Thu, Nov-11-04, 13:04

Hi Cali and Michelle,
I am having a hectic day so my post will be short but am thinking of both of you.
Did yesterday's goals. Steps goal 3,825 Did 7,386steps=2.797 mi=413.4 (did alot of house work and am now exhausted)
Did 3 pilates exercises for the abd...could only do one set of 8 reps each and did toning of triceps...3 exercises and 2 biceps...all one set of 12 reps with 1 lbs weight....flare-up put me back to square one....Oh well, at least I am moving.

Today's goals are 3,850 steps and bottom half exercises...hope I can get it all in as today is very busy and I am very fatigued and sore.

Hugs to both of you...and the cold devestates me! My niece is a RPT and she said cold is definately not good for anyone with FMS.
Nancy
  #44   ^
Old Fri, Nov-12-04, 08:53

Default Rainy and Anxiety

OK, this is going to be a tough one. As of 9:50AM I am already fighting symptoms of physical anxiety. It is not a mental state. And actually, we are wondering more if there is not an adrenaline malfunction than anything. Anyways, it is also, raining outside. SOOOO!

Excercises today.... I am going to try to set up my tv in the bedroom and do some pilates. I got the dvds YEAH!!! I am a procrastinator when trying to get anything started. But, once I am going, I do pretty good. So today I am going to try to do this.

Check back in later to update progress!!!

Jimsbride
  #45   ^
Old Fri, Nov-12-04, 10:27

Hi Michelle and Cali!
Michelle WTG on the pilates DVD. Which one do you have...do you have winsor pilates? Sorry about your panic. I know that is an awful feeling...do you take something for it?
I did not hit my goal yesterday. Goal was 3,850 steps with bottom toning exercises. I only did 3,000 and could not find a minute for the toning and also am having a bit of "crisis flare-up." Started last noc as the weather was changing and now we have snow and I am moving about the house with a cane. So moving about the house with a cane will be my goal for today. Also have company coming...g/f so it is OK that I am under the weather.
Hope both of you have a great week-end as I don't know when I will be able to get back due to my company but it will at least be by Monday.
Hugs,
Nancy