Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-14, 08:57

Plan: LC Primal
Stats: 290/270/160 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default Breast size = self-conscious

As I gained weight I knew that I'd gotten bigger everywhere. It was obvious since my older bras didn't fit.
Mostly I just bought cheap bras at Wal-Mart, but they kept breaking.
Finally, this weekend I decided to invest in some decent bras that would last more than 2 months.
So I went to Lane Bryant and got a bra fitting. Well I found out why the Wal-Mart bras were breaking, I had the band size right, but was underestimating the cup size....by a lot!
I got some that actually fit and yeah there's a noticeable improvement in how my, ahem, assets look, which is the problem. I think just knowing and putting a size on it makes me feel so self-conscious. Like I'm doing something inappropriate even when I'm wearing fairly conservative clothing, because my breasts are noticeable.
Well, I mean logically, duh, of course they're noticeable...they're a size DD! They'll be noticeable no matter what I wear.

Can anyone relate?

Seriously, this isn't a way of bragging, I really, really don't like it! Why some women pay thousands of dollars to get to this size I'll never understand.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-14, 09:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/225/150 Female 5 ft. 5 in.
BF:
Progress: 12%

Add 2 more Ds on that my dear for me, so yes I can relate.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-14, 09:26
Triple digit loss

Plan: Dr. Bernstien
Stats: 352/206.8/175 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 82%

LOL... s-piper... I did that like six months ago with Lane Bryant. I was wearing 50 DD. And I was really a 44 H. yeah H. I was like wholy cow. My boobs look so much better in the right bra. They are upfront and center, not sagging on the sides at all.

When all said and done I will probably get a breast reduction. Right now I am a 42 H. I can loose weight in my boobs. But with the excess skin, it forces me to still wear the bigger cup size.

I use my old bras as work out bras 48 D/DD. And my boobs now fall out of them sometimes when I bend over. LOL... Need to get new work out bras.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-14, 09:38
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I'm with you, I'd rather my girls were smaller. I do know what you mean about those Lane Bryant bras. I call my "The Iron Maiden". It hoists the ladies up and holds them rigidly in place. Nothing will move them. Not even a magnitude 8 earthquake.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-14, 09:45

Plan: LC Primal
Stats: 290/270/160 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 15%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
I'm with you, I'd rather my girls were smaller. I do know what you mean about those Lane Bryant bras. I call my "The Iron Maiden". It hoists the ladies up and holds them rigidly in place. Nothing will move them. Not even a magnitude 8 earthquake.

A good name, considering the number of hooks they put on them!
Seriously, 5 is overkill!
It takes me forever to put them on because when I get one hook done up the one above it comes open. It's like instead of a 27 year old woman, I'm a male high school freshman under the bleachers at a homecoming dance.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-14, 10:13
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:

Holy cow, 5? I thought mine was crazy with 3 sets.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-14, 12:51

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by s-piper
Why some women pay thousands of dollars to get to this size I'll never understand.

Me, neither. I've got grooves in my shoulders from the bra straps.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-14, 13:30
Triple digit loss

Plan: Dr. Bernstien
Stats: 352/206.8/175 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 82%

Shoot, I have to double bra! I have mylane bryant bra providing the nice round finish.

Then i have a harness that forces my shoulders back and helps supports my mid back.

This is because i have 3 minor bulging discs in my neck from having too big of boobies...

never knew my boobs could cause neck problems but it can and does!

I feel like a gun slinger when putting on my harness
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-14, 13:42

Plan: DDF, Fung
Stats: 247/209/199 Female 66.5"
BF:kickin it
Progress: 79%

LOL reminds me of a song, "do your boobs hang low? do they waddle to and fro? can you tie them in a knot? can you tie them in a bow? can you throw them over your shoulder like a continental soldier? do your boobs hang low?"

I can so relate! Mine are DD too and they always seem to get in the way! LOL