Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-14, 08:03
Registered Member

Plan: A72/LCHF
Stats: 248/187/125 Female 65.5 inches
BF:39.6%/30.4%/19.9%
Progress: 50%
Thumbs up Endeavor to Persevere

Love this quote from Josey Wales and found it to be something I can continue to quote to 'stay on target' towards my goal, maybe it will help someone here as you have given me inspiration, I will attempt to reciprocate.

Have you ever set a goal and failed to achieve it? One common reason this happens is because you may not have had a strong, burning desire to make that goal happen.

Make sure every goal you set is of VITAL importance to you. This can be tricky because we so often fool ourselves into thinking we want one thing when we want something entirely different.

Take some time to get to the heart of what you REALLY want. Why do you want it? What will it do for you? What positive things will it bring to your life? How will it help you? How will it make you feel when it's accomplished?

Write all of this down and keep it handy so you can refer to it as often as necessary if you feel your commitment beginning to slip.

Also ask yourself if your goal is worth the effort and sacrifice that will be needed to achieve it. If you can honestly answer yes, you are on the way!

You are much more likely to pursue your goals relentlessly if you are driven by a powerful desire to achieve them.

"Every person who wins in any undertaking must be willing to cut all sources of retreat. Only by doing so can one be sure of maintaining that state of mind known as a burning desire to win - essential to success." - Napoleon Hill

Have a great day!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-14, 08:40

Plan: Self made
Stats: 175/167/130 Female 5 foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

Love the quote! I am going to hit this diet hard. I am 187 and my goal is 140lbs. I also am taking a much needed vacation in may so I would love to feel confident in a bathing suit. I just started day 2 and already down a lb. Good luck to us!!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-14, 08:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/154/130 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 70%
Default Endeavor to Persevere

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebl
Love this quote from Josey Wales and found it to be something I can continue to quote to 'stay on target' towards my goal, maybe it will help someone here as you have given me inspiration, I will attempt to reciprocate.

I had to smile when I saw the topic of this thread. That saying has become one of our family's "reminders." If someone is complaining or worrying about something that can't be changed we use it to encourage them to stick to it. The only way to keep going is to just keep going lol!

Thanks for the encouraging post!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-14, 09:10
Registered Member

Here's another I found on a blog person kjs...
The only person you should try to be better than.... is the person you were yesterday".
Thanks to all of you for being so positive.... Great site!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-14, 09:38
Registered Member

sorry - working on my ticker....got an extra post, can't delete

Last edited by juliebl : Wed, Feb-26-14 at 09:56.