Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Jan-30-14, 13:48

Plan: Optimal Diet
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

If you really want relief from binging I would stay away from the percent (you said 74 for the fat) because if your calories are low it would not be enough and yet you would THINK you were on target, NOT. but 75% of 1600-1700, that would be ok.

Say 130-140 grams of fat would be a good target.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Feb-02-14, 12:46

Plan: Custom
Stats: 156/134.2/121 Female 170 cm
BF:
Progress: 62%

Today is the fourth day and so far I haven't had that urge I always get pre-binging. I was able to up my fat intake to a minimum of 100 g but I found it hard to do so today. I wasn't feeling hungry until afternoon and it's been like 7-8 hours since my last meal. I don't know if it's the ketosis working here. Should I eat if I don't feel really hungry? Throughout the afternoon I was getting feelings of wanting to eat but wasn't physically hungry (more like emotional type thing) so I kept putting it off. I only had like roughly 700 calories all day. I'll try having dinner before it gets too late but I don't think it'll be that big of a meal.
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Feb-03-14, 09:55

Plan: Mostly Fung/IDM
Stats: 165/138.4/135 Female 63
BF:???/better/???
Progress: 89%

IMO, you are not eating enough. Good advice is to eat within 200 calories (above or below) your BMR. Unless you are 5' even and 75 y.o. you are nowhere close (that's assuming 700 cal for the entire day). Yes, ketosis may be killing your hunger, but your body will catch up either by precipitating a binge or by slowing your metabolism. Since you know you are prone to bingeing, why take a chance?