Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#481   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-13, 06:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 226/154/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 95%

Thanks Jo - I dont eat too much cheese but I am trying to rigidly stick below 20g carbs a day so every bit counts and I would sooner spend my carbs on veg to fill me up a bit if I can.
Sponsored Links
  #482   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-13, 06:55

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 290/141/130 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Tesco's Gouda has 0.1 gram carbs per 100 grams, so is virtually nil if you stick to a few ounces
  #483   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-13, 05:01

Stats: 186/165/111 Female 4ft 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 28%

Just found milled flaxseed and coconut oil in Sainsburys
  #484   ^
Old Thu, Jul-25-13, 15:17

Stats: 176/170/154 Female 157cm
BF:
Progress: 27%

great stuff! thanx
  #485   ^
Old Thu, Jul-25-13, 15:17

Stats: 176/170/154 Female 157cm
BF:
Progress: 27%

Holland and barratts do it too.x
  #486   ^
Old Wed, Apr-15-15, 12:33

Plan: atkins
Stats: 194/154/140 Female 57
BF:
Progress:
Default Would you mind rating my food intake?

Hello everyone.

At nearly 14 stone in January I decided to change how I was eating. I am just over 2 stone down and have recentlybecome interested in low carbing instead of calorie counting with weight watchers. I started last week and lost 4 lb. Delighted! I just struggle a bit with the fat content and would appreciate some reassurance with what I am eating.i am reading more and more each day so I hope my foods will change and become more adventurous but so far days are as follows and are probably very boring!

Breakfasts

Bacon and eggs cooked in butter
mashed egg in a cup with butter
Scrambled egg or omelette with cheese cooked in butter

Lunch

Tuna with mayo wrapped in lettuce leaves or
Roasted ham with some cheese
Celery sticks or cucumber

Dinner

Salmon cooked in butter with mushrooms and green beans. Mushrooms can have boursin added.
Chicken stir fry no rice or noodles
Cauliflower cheese and roast chicken
roast chicken with green beans and broccoli

around 3 litres of water a day and 4 black coffees

Portions are quite small and often I am just not hugely hungry.
  #487   ^
Old Wed, Apr-15-15, 12:35

Plan: atkins
Stats: 194/154/140 Female 57
BF:
Progress:

Oh blast newbie fail! Will repost properly. Sorry
  #488   ^
Old Thu, Apr-16-15, 10:17

Plan: Low Carb, Good Carb
Stats: 206/164/160 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

all looks good and very tasty to me, woodmill

good luck
  #489   ^
Old Fri, Jul-24-15, 01:39

Plan: under 50 carbs
Stats: 203/196/170 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default Aldi Bargains

Aldi Ground almonds £1.09p - 180g
Aldi Milled linseed £1.99 - 250g

Tesco - Tiana Coconut flour - £3.99
  #490   ^
Old Sun, Sep-20-15, 13:50

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 165cm
BF:
Progress:

There is a comparison website for supermarkets in UK which will give loads of info on prices -not just special offers but normal prices for the same product. They can vary up to 60p difference between cheapest and most expensive for exact item.

The website otherwise known as a river in the rainforest, also lists a lot of low carb and Paleo foods and can be competitive if you bulk buy on subscription.
  #491   ^
Old Fri, Nov-27-15, 17:38

Plan: Less than 30g carbs
Stats: 349/286.2/199 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Not sure if it's new in Tescos generally or just in my area - they've started doing containers of cauliflower cous cous/rice in the chilled prepared veggie section. They also do courgette noodles and butternut squash spaghetti. All £1 and currently on 3 for 2. I've tried the cauliflower rice and the butternut squash spaghetti but the courgette noodles looked a little slimy lol.

I microwaved the cauli rice as I didn't fancy it stir fried as suggested. It was pretty yummy. The butternut squash spaghetti was lovely stir fried in a little oil but tended to break up into small pieces, but still good.
  #492   ^
Old Wed, Aug-22-18, 00:54

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Slendier launches low-carb noodle and pasta line in the UK

Slendier has launched its range of low-calorie konjac noodles, pasta, rice and ready-to-eat meals in the UK for the first time, securing a retail listing in Morrisons.

Slendier’s low-calorie products utilise flour from the konjac plant, creating a high-fibre rice, noodle or pasta product which is lower in calories and carbohydrates than wheat-based varieties.

The new product line includes varieties such as fettuccine, lasagne, noodles and more, and the ready meal range includes three Italian-style flavours, such as vegetable fettuccine with arrabbiata sauce.

Each ready meal contains less than 60 calories per serving, and take just two minutes to cook in a microwave.

Erica Hughes, Slendier managing director said: “Through research and feedback from our customers, we know that anyone who eats Slendier as a replacement for rice and pasta has lost weight and kept it off.

“And they’ve done this without feeling hungry or like they were missing out.
“Slendier allows those seeking a healthier lifestyle a product which is quick to prepare and tastes great.

“It also has a broader appeal with people who are managing health-related ways of eating, such as diabetes and FODMAP diet plans, vegans and those who are gluten intolerant.”

The Slendier konjac pasta ranges are currently on sale at Morrisons with a suggested retail price of £2.50, while the ready to eat meals are available from £4.50 RRP.

https://www.foodbev.com/news/slendi...line-in-the-uk/
  #493   ^
Old Wed, Apr-29-20, 15:03

Plan: LC cycle w/keto REAL FOOD
Stats: 141/126/112 Female 166 cm
BF:26/21/Lean
Progress: 52%

Anyone up for reviving this thread? During lockdown, many of the things usually available in supermarkets are out of stock. I have decided to use this opportunity to try some low carb "World Foods" stocked in my London Morrisons to make things a bit more interesting. I am also shopping much more at my local Turkish supermarket and have discovered some totally cool things to jazz up meals like Lemon Vinegar, which is ace to add to tuna mayo. Yes, it is just lemon juice with vinegar, but it's yum
  #494   ^
Old Mon, May-04-20, 04:11

Plan: LerC, TRE, IF
Stats: 150/120/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

I may have been very lucky with what I find in Sainsbury's, here in Cumbria. I restrict shopping to once a week.

Most weeks I have found organic free range chicken, organic beef mince, organic steak, organic cream cheese, organic double cream, organic cheddar, organic Greek yoghurt and non-organic varieties of the above. Also 97% pork sausage, Naked bacon (sulphite-free), wild red smoked salmon, salad greens, avocados. I do very plain cooking so have not really looked down all the aisles, except when my husband asks me to get things like chilli sauce, passata and horseradish sauce (yes), and corned beef (fail).

I look forward to being allowed back to buy organic grass-fed lamb and beef at the monthly farmer's market 25 miles away though. And I miss calling at other stores for my kefir cheddar, raw butter and mascarpone.
  #495   ^
Old Mon, May-04-20, 05:28

Plan: LC cycle w/keto REAL FOOD
Stats: 141/126/112 Female 166 cm
BF:26/21/Lean
Progress: 52%

You are lucky indeed. I have injured my foot so have to rely on the Turkish supermarket on the corner, which is walkable, and deliveries from Morrisons. I can't afford regular shopping from Sainsbury, but I usually pop in once a month to stock up on their Kabanos.

You know what I'd really love to find? A tasty Chorizo that's as low-carb and filler-free as possible? If I was stuck on a desert island, with only a "Chorizo tree" for company, I would happily live off it