Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#451   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-08, 07:24

Plan: General LC
Stats: 00/000/000 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleH
Wow, I really like the idea of the coconut flour and also the pumpkin pie spice. I may have to give this a try again. I abandoned it for rev-roll based desserts.

Elle - I make my mock d as "mock cupcakes" w/coconut flour. It's the basic recipe, plus 1T coconut flour and a little extra cream or water b/c the coconut flour is pretty thirsty stuff. Then I divide them between 2 greased ramekins and microwave for about a minute. I've made pumpkin ones (adding pp spice and pumpkin), raspberry (using raspberry DV and pressing a couple of berries into the batter); plain coconut, adding a pinch of unsweetned coconut, and chocolate, adding cocoa and pressing a RS SF PB cup in the center after they have come out of the microwave. Oh, and I have hidden a piece of Lindt 85 in the actual batter as it cooks too. I like it much better this way b/c it divides it onto two servings instead of one, and I get to enjoy it twice! It tastes less like sweet eggs and more like a, well, cupcake!
Sponsored Links
  #452   ^
Old Tue, Jun-17-08, 20:24
Registered Member

Plan: Mediteranian/Gluten Free
Stats: 305/305/175 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 0%

Wow these ideas are great to read about. I will have to start ordering the dv syrups and stuff. Anyone know the best place to order the syurups and other low carb food?
  #453   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-09, 00:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 143/143/114.4 Female 157
BF:

As far as im aware these are completly legal on induction? And here in NZ 3oz is about 85gms(the cream cheese limit for induction) So i just use less cream cheese in my recipe and have one for breakfast and dessert. Is there anything not right about that? Just from reading thru the thread i see alot of ppl are avoiding these on induction and im not sure why...
Hope you are all having a great 09 and happy low carbing.
  #454   ^
Old Mon, Feb-02-09, 08:43

Plan: atkins
Stats: 138/124.8/120 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 73%

Hi and thanks for posting this recipe. I tried it out today and it tasted fab...quick and esy too! Just not sure if I got the consistency right? Is it supposed to be creamy or like scambled egg? Mine came out with a kind of chewy texture. Not sure if with my micro 2 mins is too much! I added a small amount of cocoa powder, left out the lemon juice and it was lovely.

Thanks

Marion
  #455   ^
Old Tue, Mar-17-09, 18:23

Stats: 203/171/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 60%
Default Yum

Just finally tried these out. I used pumpkin pie spice and it was very tasty. Not very pretty to look at, but yummy to eat.
  #456   ^
Old Sat, Apr-04-09, 18:41

Plan: Primal/Paleo/MyOwn
Stats: 187.5/168/132 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 35%

I think I must have done something wrong. Mine came out like sweet scrambled eggs ...honestly, I couldn't even finish it. What size eggs do you use? I used an extra-large, because that's all I had....maybe I should use a smaller egg?
  #457   ^
Old Mon, Apr-06-09, 00:38

Plan: VLC
Stats: 210/152/130 Female 5'4"
BF:34.1%/23.5%/15%
Progress: 73%

Just wanted to say that I tried this and it was awesome. Think I'll have it again this morning for breakfast I just made a few slight changes to the original recipe. I added a tablespoon of pumpkin, and a tablespoon of almond flour, and didn't put any jam or toppings. It was great!

Mrs. Skip, my guess is that your egg to cream cheese ratio was off because of your extra large egg. Maybe add a bit more cream cheese next time to even it out.
  #458   ^
Old Tue, Apr-07-09, 11:18

Stats: 203/171/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 60%

I notice that when I use extra large eggs I do need to use a little bit more cheese otherwise it is too "eggy" tasting for me. I also use sugar free syrup instead of splenda for sweetner. Adding pumpkin sounds like a good idea. I think I might try that.
  #459   ^
Old Wed, Apr-08-09, 14:02

Plan: Self
Stats: 229/215.5/175 Female 5ft7in
BF:
Progress: 25%

Bread folks you might want to add some ground golden flax seed and a small amount of low carb beer. The beer gives it a yeasty flavor and the flax helps with the texture. ebp
  #460   ^
Old Mon, Aug-17-09, 20:37

Stats: 225/217/140 Female 62.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

I tried this tonight, (the original recipe from the first page 1 egg, 2 oz cream cheese, etc), and while it smelled good, it looks/feels/tastes like a sweet microwave scrambled egg. I see people talking about it being just a like a real danish and being able to hold it in their hand, but that's not how mine was at all.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong to make it come out like micro scrambled eggs?
  #461   ^
Old Mon, Aug-17-09, 22:34

Plan: Primal/Paleo/MyOwn
Stats: 187.5/168/132 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 35%

I had the same problem that you have. Some people have suggested adding a bit more cream cheese if you're using an extra-large egg. But, I haven't tried making it again yet, so I don't know if that would completely solve the problem.
  #462   ^
Old Sat, Jun-26-10, 09:51
Registered Member

Plan: Moderate low-carb
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 68
BF:

Giving this a bump.

I am having one this morning. Topped with thawed raspberries/blueberries and a dollop of cool whip, sprinkled with cinnamon.

Yum!
  #463   ^
Old Sat, Jun-26-10, 15:22

Plan: Atkins maintenance
Stats: 170/120/130 Female 65 inches & shrinking
BF:
Progress: 125%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister11
I tried this tonight, (the original recipe from the first page 1 egg, 2 oz cream cheese, etc), and while it smelled good, it looks/feels/tastes like a sweet microwave scrambled egg. I see people talking about it being just a like a real danish and being able to hold it in their hand, but that's not how mine was at all.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong to make it come out like micro scrambled eggs?

That's how mine came out too! I haven't bothered trying again because I figure it's not going to taste much different even if the texture improves, and I wasn't exactly impressed with the flavour! Blecchhhh!
  #464   ^
Old Wed, Dec-28-11, 09:47
Registered Member

Stats: 158/129/114 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress: 66%

This is my version of the original recipe and its amazingly good:

3 oz cream cheese
1/2 c. canned pumpkin
1 egg yolk
1 T coconut flour
1/2 t. pumpkin pie spice
10 drops NuNaturals brand liquid Stevia (not bitter at all)

Mix and Microwave for 2 minutes. Yum!

**Edit** I tried this with one whole egg vs. the egg yolk and I don't this it's as good as with just the egg yolk.

Last edited by Monique723 : Thu, Dec-29-11 at 06:25.
  #465   ^
Old Wed, Dec-28-11, 12:21

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 255/173/125 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 63%

[I]I just love this thread!!!! It never dies!!!!