Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 13:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 297/260/160 Female 5'7"
BF:53/52/25
Progress: 27%

how does this reduce your tummy? is it getting rid of fat or tightening the skin around your middle or what?
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 13:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Stillmans
Stats: 150/143/120 Female 5'7
BF:26%/24%/18%
Progress: 23%

I am very skeptical about over the counter weight loss drugs, but is sounds like many of you are having success. I too have bought many of these items, my last one was metabolife with ephedera, but i had to quit taking it because it made me break out incredibly. Have any of you been having side effects?
  #78   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 14:32
PuertoRican Princess

Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%
Relacore was designed to mitigate the Metabolic Syndrome and reduce the accumulation of stress-induced cortisol, a leading cause of belly fat accumulation.

The Metabolic Syndrome, which affects about one-quarter of all adults in the U.S., has emerged as just as strong a contributor to early heart disease as cigarette smoking. The Metabolic Syndrome, also known as syndrome X or insulin resistance syndrome, is a constellation of metabolic risk factors that significantly increases the risk for coronary events.

The metabolic syndrome is identified by the presence of three or more of the following:

Abdominal Obesity
Waist circumference greater than 40 inches in men or greater than 35 inches in women

Triglycerides
150 mg/dL; HDL cholesterol less than 40 mg/dL in men or less than 50 mg/dL in women

Blood Pressure
130/85 mmHg; and fasting glucose 110 mg/dL.
  #79   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 15:23
wrkn off da baby fat

Stats: 242.5/242.5/160 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFwife
Relacore was designed to mitigate the Metabolic Syndrome and reduce the accumulation of stress-induced cortisol, a leading cause of belly fat accumulation.

The metabolic syndrome is identified by the presence of three or more of the following:

Abdominal Obesity
Waist circumference greater than 40 inches in men or greater than 35 inches in women

Okay my waist measures 35" but my adomen measures 40-something. I wonder which measurement its taking into consideration?
  #80   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 17:55

Stats: 175/168/130 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 16%

Never heard of this "Relacore" before. Is this a pill formula and can you tell me more about it?
  #81   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 19:07
Bad Girl Queen

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 388/388/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Talking

I got my 1st bottle of Relacore today after work. I am going to start it tomorrow................I'm excited!!

Hugs~
  #82   ^
Old Sat, May-15-04, 01:44
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophotia
Okay my waist measures 35" but my adomen measures 40-something. I wonder which measurement its taking into consideration?

I'm going to guess it's the waist.
  #83   ^
Old Sat, May-15-04, 05:12

Plan: Atkins (calories count)
Stats: 204/148/150 Female 68.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

AFwife, will you post before and current waist and belly measurements for us please? I thought it was all in the thread somewhere, but I cannot seem to find it. Thanks!
  #84   ^
Old Sat, May-15-04, 05:24
Princess PIA

Plan: Atkins - Induction
Stats: 210/176.6/140 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%

Bought mine last night from GNC. It was $49.95. Think my next bottle will be from ebay (as cheap as $34). I plan on starting it tomorrow after I take my weekly measurements.

I do have a question though - is everyone taking it three times a day as the bottle says, and do you take it with or without food? The bottle says either way, and I just wondered if anyone has had any stomach complaints since starting it.

Thanks
  #85   ^
Old Sat, May-15-04, 05:48

Plan: Low GI
Stats: 370/170/170 Male 6'1
BF:10%
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheriS
Bought mine last night from GNC. It was $49.95. Think my next bottle will be from ebay (as cheap as $34). I plan on starting it tomorrow after I take my weekly measurements.

I do have a question though - is everyone taking it three times a day as the bottle says, and do you take it with or without food? The bottle says either way, and I just wondered if anyone has had any stomach complaints since starting it.

Thanks

taking mine 3x/day, only thing ive noticed is a little more energy, but ive only been taking it for 2.5days. The first day you might feel a little weird, but that feeling go aways quick.
  #86   ^
Old Sat, May-15-04, 07:01
PuertoRican Princess

BF:
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dena241
AFwife, will you post before and current waist and belly measurements for us please? I thought it was all in the thread somewhere, but I cannot seem to find it. Thanks!

I was a 47 in belly when I started Relacore 12 days ago and 37 waist. Now I'm 42 belly and 36 waist.
  #87   ^
Old Sat, May-15-04, 07:02
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheriS

Thanks

I take mine as per bottle instructions. Three times a day with or without a meal. Don't matter!
  #88   ^
Old Sat, May-15-04, 08:15

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

AF Wife- you were losing alot of weight before relacore also. Were you measuring your waist then? Have you noticed a difference in the ratio of loss in the waist since taking it? Can you tell I am still skeptical? LOL But my waist measures 36 inches, so I do think I qualify
  #89   ^
Old Sat, May-15-04, 08:22
Bad Girl Queen

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 388/388/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Talking

I took my first pill this morning......feeling a little jittery but not too bad...........we'll see............

Hugs~

Last edited by MISSRED197 : Sat, May-15-04 at 08:23. Reason: reworded
  #90   ^
Old Sat, May-15-04, 08:25
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto4boys
AF Wife- you were losing alot of weight before relacore also. Were you measuring your waist then? Have you noticed a difference in the ratio of loss in the waist since taking it? Can you tell I am still skeptical? LOL But my waist measures 36 inches, so I do think I qualify

Before Relacore I had already lost alot of inches on my waist. I was a 55 waist when I started Atkins back in November. The week I started Relacore I was a 37 waist. Does this answer your question?

With Relacore I've seen a change in my belly the most, 5 inches. I wasn't losing anything there till Relacore.